checking in

• hey gang... hope all is well see we have a lot of newbies... hi all!

yes that's a NEW AV... I changed my hair color (went darker)... and the part... as my hair gets longer and longer it gets curlier and curlier...

just wanted to give an update... surgery (RNY) was 9/22/09 so I am just over 4 months out...

I have lost 52 pounds since surgery and today weighed in at 201

btw this is a picture of a dress I bought back two summers ago that I could not get the zipper up and I never got to wear it... now it fits.. by summer it will be too big. I may have it taken in as I love this dress:

• Nessa your are looking good !!
  • Woohoo! you're approaching Onederland!!!! you look fabulous!
  • Thanks girls! I appreciate it.

today i have a test... Chinese buffet my first buffet and my first Chinese since surgery...
  • Wow your doing wonderful and your looking great! I'm sure you will do fine at the buffet today cause you are knowledgable and strong in your weightloss. You go Girl!!!!
  • Buffets.....hard to put out the money and only eat half a plate but I do go sometimes! I figure, my honey buys me dinner at 10 bucks a plate, I don't NEED leftovers anyway, so why not.

I try and stay with the healthier selections; there is usually a lot of proteins to choose from at a buffet; I try to stay away from the casserole looking things and only put a spoonful of each item on my plate. I do the "see-food-plate" technique...as long as I can "see the plate" between the little piles of food, I'm doing well!

I hope it all worked out for you tonight!

Angela
  • I am far to cheap to pay for a buffet when I can only eat like 1/3 of a cup of food lol. I am sure you will be fine, just remember to chew!
  • Congratulations on all of your success, you look wonderful. You look so happy in your picture. Wait to the summer, you are going to be a hot mama
  • this buffet is 6 bucks! worth it for the weight loss surgery crowd....

thanks everyone!
  • 6 bucks is not bad at all!
  • YEAH FOR YOU !!!!!! that'ah girl