"Fake" Lean Cuisine!

• I saw a recipe in a magazine that I tried, and it's kinda good!! It's to replace eating a 'lean cuisine' every day at lunch, but the same convenience! still a bit 'pre packaged' but not as completely fake LOL

in a big pot, take some cooked whole wheat penne

toss in a can or two (depending on how much you're making) low fat cream of chicken (or whatever flavour you like) soup with a bit of milk (not too runny)

add in some already cooked leftover chicken

add in a ton of frozen veg (I put in broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn, green beans and peas!)

put in ziploc bags or containers and bob's yer uncle
  • That sounds good Trazey! I've clipped it to add to my list of recipes to try.

I know frozen is so much easier -- but I feel like I can see the difference in my weight most times because of all that salt. So any alternatives are great!
  • That sounds very yummy. I have freezer friendly tupperware things that I use for large batches of rice, beans, leftovers, etc. I'm going to have to add this to the things I use them for.
  • Sounds great!! TY for sharing!
  • Great! Thanks for sharing. I will admit that I fall victim to the Lean Cuisine sometimes. I have eliminated almost all processed food from my diet, but that's the last sticking point. I do try to eat the Kashi or Amy's brands instead, but it's still processed food.