The SEAFOOD Did It!

• Hi fellow WW's @ home! Well I stood on the scale this morning and was so happy to see a 4.2 pound weight loss! I was so relieved but also aware that on the points system the 1st week can be great, the 2nd bad or vice versa, so I am going to brace myself for weigh in number 2. I would have to say I attribute the loss to my seafood plan. I made a huge stew (so easy and so ridiculously low in points) and I had it with rice or without, sometimes as a side. It was filling and I didn't tire of it. I say if any of you are struggling and you like fish this is a great way to get back on track. If anyone is interested in the stew I made let me know and I will post it! I also drank my 8 glasses of water EVERY day without fail. I bought the 8 glasses a day container at Walmart for $3.00...great investment and it helps me so much! Fingers crossed for the upcoming week for all of us. Hang in there!!!!
  • I'm not on WW but I'd love if you'd share your recipe
  • Same here! Please share your recipe.
  • me too how much calories are in it..
  • I'd love the recipe, too!! I'm especially attracted to the "easy" part!!
  • Delicious Seafood Soup
    Honestly, if you check the ingredients for ALL these items its a great bet for WW's or calorie watchers.

You will need:

1 cup frozen plain calamari
    2 cups of frozen cooked shrimp (mine were 10 for 1 pt)
    1 can of whole clams (dump the juice)
    1 can of stewed Tomatoes or plum tomatoes with juice (750 ml)
    1-2 fillet of white fish cut into squares after grilling/steaming.
    1/2 small onion (diced)
    2 cloves of garlic
    Seasoning to taste

Cook the calamari in juice from a lemon, add garlic and onion and saute. Just add a bit of water, salt and pepper when your mixture dries up too much. Once cooked add to the rest of the ingredients in a soup pot.

Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes toss in the frozen shrimp and continue to simmer for 5-10 mins.

Served with 1/2 cup of white converted rice adds only 2pts. I calculated a generous 1 cup serving of this seafood stew to 4 points max.

Tell me what you think and let me know if you made any additions...btw, gets better after 24 hours in the fridge.

Here's to LOSING this week!!!!
  • sounds delicious putting it on my food list