Disgusted with myself.....need to vent and need help!!

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Thanks! I will go in search of it and give it a try!

Ronnie
  • Quote: Life was great!! I didn't follow through... ever since then I have planned to go on a diet on Monday or Tomorrow...but instead I would eat everything I love and can't eat on program before "Monday" and ended up gaining So having someone feeling the same way I do and being on the same plan would be so great!
    Is it too Late for me to join you guys! You are singing my song. I went thru stabilization and through 4 months of maintenance and as you say
    Life was Great.
    And I could cheat a liittle here and nothing happened and so I could cheat a little more - you know the story. The program was so easy for me to follow when I started in July/2008. I've started over so many times - several at the Center. Now if I start I can make it 3 days and then I cave. And I don't have the money or the self-confidence to go back there. I need to do it alone at least until I can get into auto-pilot.

I also got too thin. And I would joke with people saying if only I could find a way to be too rich too. But deep down I knew it too, so I think I wanted to gain a few pounds back. I started in July at 225 with an original goal of 175 - I just wanted to get healthier - I had long since given up the goal of being thin and/or desirable. In November I went into stabilizatiion at 165 and lost 15 additional pounds. But I had gained self-confidence I NEVER knew I had. I just can't believe I can let food take that away from me now. I think I want to be back to 160 or 165 that's 20 to 25 down from where I am right now. Okay - I've gone public with all the Ugly numbers.

I know this Group provides great encouragement and great information. Hope to talk with you all soon.

Sara

ps for now the profile picture is from January a year ago, a little weight back on but not a lot.
  • Quote: Good for you....got back on it but life IS more than MRC sometimes!!!
    that's part of my problem right now too tho. Trying to work between denial and this is life. I would put off starting because I had "events" planned, I'll start next week and then the next week would have an activity come up.

How do you all decide?

Sara
  • Quote: that's part of my problem right now too tho. Trying to work between denial and this is life. I would put off starting because I had "events" planned, I'll start next week and then the next week would have an activity come up.

How do you all decide?

Sara
    Would it help to change your thinking to a meal at a time versus a week at a time.....that helped me.....
  • Quote: Where do you find the muscle milk at? If it comes in chocolate I would be willing to give it a shot!

Cheers!
    Ronnie
    Costco has Muscle Milk in their coupon book that starts Feb 4th - $6 off and I think they have both Chocolate light and the Vanilla light.

Has anyone using it have any reports on how they are doing?

I just started again today. So I'll post a weigh in on Thursday or Friday!
    Thanks
    Sara
  • I would also like to know if we could use the Muscle Milk instead of the HNS. Cost is what kills most of us. So anything that we might be able to use as an alternative would be great.
  • Quote: Costco has Muscle Milk in their coupon book that starts Feb 4th - $6 off and I think they have both Chocolate light and the Vanilla light.

Has anyone using it have any reports on how they are doing?

I just started again today. So I'll post a weigh in on Thursday or Friday!
    Thanks
    Sara
    I use it instead of m HNS drinks, BUT make SURE you get the Light 100 calorie Muscle Milk!! It has NO sugar and 15 grams of fat!! They also make a Light that has sugar, just make sure it's the 100 calorie drink!! I haven't drank the vanilla, but absolutely L-O-V-E the Chocolate flavor!!!
  • I love that we're motivated to do this on our own. We know the basics of how to lose it, and we definitely know how we put it on... now - let's get it off!!!
  • Quote: I use it instead of m HNS drinks, BUT make SURE you get the Light 100 calorie Muscle Milk!! It has NO sugar and 15 grams of fat!! They also make a Light that has sugar, just make sure it's the 100 calorie drink!! I haven't drank the vanilla, but absolutely L-O-V-E the Chocolate flavor!!!
    I'd better check - I've been using the powder - 1/2 serving - because I thought the nutrient content matched the Creamy Hot Chocolate pretty closely.

One Meal At A Time - Here we go!
  • Me, too!
    I'm glad someone started this post! I started MRC in April 09, and have done great (lost almost 80 lbs.!). The last 2 months, however, I'm only been able to maintain. It's not the program's fault, I just haven't been able to stay consistent, but have been able to maintain, with increased exercise. My goal is 155 lbs., but I'd be happy at 165 lbs. (wanted to have a 10 lb. "cushion"). I consider myself a "sugar-holic", so that's the type of food I normally go off-program with. Like some of you have expressed, I, too, am disgusted with myself. I am determined, though, to get back on track! Thanks, also, for someone's suggestion about the 100-calorie Chocolate Light Muscle Milk; I'm going to try those in place of MRC's ready-mix shakes that I'd been using 3x/week. 'Hopefully will save me some $$ there! I hope that some of you are still posting here, since I haven't seen posts for several weeks. I could sure use some feedback and support!--JJ
  • Of course you CAN do it yourself. You need some weight loss partners. There are many blogs and free weight loss sites on line. Find a couple and make new friends. The online support is amazing, really...
  • Quote: I'm glad someone started this post! I started MRC in April 09, and have done great (lost almost 80 lbs.!). The last 2 months, however, I'm only been able to maintain. It's not the program's fault, I just haven't been able to stay consistent, but have been able to maintain, with increased exercise. My goal is 155 lbs., but I'd be happy at 165 lbs. (wanted to have a 10 lb. "cushion"). I consider myself a "sugar-holic", so that's the type of food I normally go off-program with. Like some of you have expressed, I, too, am disgusted with myself. I am determined, though, to get back on track! Thanks, also, for someone's suggestion about the 100-calorie Chocolate Light Muscle Milk; I'm going to try those in place of MRC's ready-mix shakes that I'd been using 3x/week. 'Hopefully will save me some $$ there! I hope that some of you are still posting here, since I haven't seen posts for several weeks. I could sure use some feedback and support!--JJ
    Alot of us post regularly on the monthly thread, currently February. Great people, great ideas and GREAT support!!
  • Great thread! I've also been struggling with motivation for the last 2 months. It seems like ever since I hit the holidays I've been eating off plan and barely losing weight. This month I had my 30th birthday. That was a real trigger for me. I ate/drank my way through my birthday week and beyond. I seem to struggle with justification eating "I'm only turning 30 once I can eat PF Changs" etc... And then there is the stress of trying to wedding plan during the weekends, which throws my whole week off. I had been good about going back on plan during the week but lately it seems like I'm not starting on plan until Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got to get back into gear if I want to hit my goal before wedding dress shopping. Thanks for the vent. I actually feel better.
  • Quote: I can top all of you! I used to work for MRC and have put on 15 of the 26 lbs lost in 2yrs! I have gotten to the pt of being disgusted also.
    Unfortunately I financially cannot go back to get back and know how important the HNS and other supplements are.. but know I have to stick to the food!
    I pulled out my f/s today and am starting over! I will knock out these 15 lbs by my anniversary in March - that's it! My goal is officially public and in writing!
    I am a repeat offender as well. I used MRC6 and CortiTrim last time. Do you think they are necessary? I am going to try the program without them this time bc I am trying to save money.

Also what kind of home parties do you do? Why did you leave your job at the Metabolic Research Center?
  • Love reading that it's not just me that struggles. I've done so good the last few months, but February has hit me hard. I haven't lost more than 2lbs so far this whole month. I stick to the program during the week, but on the weekends, it's so hard. I used to be really good when going out to eat. Lately I fudge a little here or there. Then it seems like it's a little more and a little more..

I don't know what my problem is. Well, I'm going through a pretty nasty divorce, so that does add a little stress, well A LOT, of stress to my life.. But it shouldn't be an excuse..

I always feel like if I go off at one meal, I've blown it. I like the idea in a previous post about taking it one meal at a time. I'm going to try that this week..

It's MONDAY... Let's all get back on program... Bathing suit season is around the corner.. :-) We can do it...