.+*Weekly Chat Jan 18-Jan 24*+.

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • I did mine in a bikini. Except for the ones of my back, then I had a shirt on and had someone take a picture while I lifted the back up. If that made any sense.
  • Hello Ladies!

I am writing this from my apt which is a very nice change! Normally I would be at work for another 30 minutes but today I did a MLK service project as a part of work and got to come home around noon! I got to take a 2 hour nap (I love naps!) and now I am just hanging out knitting! For my service project I went to this crazy eco-farm thing run by nuns. They made us move bails of hay from one barn to another which was like 500 yards away, so I got quite a workout!

Purple - I did a "before" shot a few days ago and I did it in an old bikini. It's gross, but I am glad I did it because it really made me realize I need to stick with it this time! I wish I would have taken a real before shot about 40 lbs ago so I could see my progress, but I was probably too ashamed.

shantroy - that sounds yummy! I got a crock pot for xmas but I have been afraid of using it.... maybe I will have to start!

arts - I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everyone has totally off days and I actually think they can be good overall because our bodies get used to the same old same old. You know what I noticed though? I always lose more weight after huge binge days/weekends. I have no idea why!
  • I'm about to go to Yoga for an hour, then I usually do a half hour of cardio after. I'm going to weigh when I get to the gym (I don't own a scale)...so hopefully it won't be too bad after last night's happenings.

Still waiting to see ANY loss at all. Ugh.
  • I took before shots in a bikini this time around, but that's only because despite my weight gain I still have plenty of self-confidence, so I didn't feel gross. Last time I did before shots in short shorts and a sports bra. Sadly, those last before shots were taken when I was smaller than I am now...awesome.
  • Hello chick-a-dees!!

I'll get to personals a little later. First I have some wonderful news!!!

I got the job I interviewed for!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo stoked!! I'm finally gonna be an engineer after all that work (and weight gain lol) in college!!! I couldn't be happier. Now I'm apt/house shopping... looking for a place close to the beach and my new job, which is about 10 mins from the beach. I'll be starting work in a week or two, and I have to change gears because work starts at 6:30 am. But I get out at 3! So lots of time in the afternoon for working out and making dinner! Girls, I can't tell you how happy I am today... I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders
  • Jazz -- MAJOR congrats!! That's like....a big girl real world job, haha!! I'm sure you'll adjust to the new schedule... you'll just have to go to bed crazy early, haha!!

Went to yoga and did 20 mins of cardio... once I got to 20 I REALLY had to pee and didn't feel like going all the way back just to do the 10 more mins, haha!!

I'm 1/2 lb down on the scale, now at 215.5. I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS HAPPENING. Ugh. It's so frustrating. I hope now that my schedule will be more strict with school re-starting tomorrow that maybe the weight will start to come off. Who knows. REALLY frustrated
  • hey everyone, just to let you know that i am super busy trying to finish my thesis off but i am reading all your comments and am rooting for you all! And congrats Jazzang!
  • How many calories are in homemade pizza dough? It's whole wheat crust (1 crust). I know I could find the recipe and look up each item. Didn't know if you ladies knew an approximate. (I made it like almost a year ago and its been in the freezer)
  • Air - You can use this to estimate calories

Jess - CONGRATS!!!!

Blah, so I have a huge paper to write today and lots of other class work to do so I opted not to go spinning with my mom this morning :C If I can get my paper done I'm going to try and get a good workout in.
  • I'm going spinning again today with the same girl as last time, and it was really fun last time so I'm excited. It's also the first day of classes, and I'm making a BIG effort this semester to make sure I give myself time to workout. I ALWAYS get so bogged down with work that I don't have enough time, but I think this semester's structure will allow me to stay on top of things more. At least I hope so.

Anyway... I hope everyone has a great day. Be positive!
  • Morning Ladies! With having yesterday off work, I wasn't on here to chat it up. I held steady at 173 this weekend, which I'm super excited about because I wasn't sure that I could do it. It really gives me more confidence about the eventual maintenance I'll be doing. This weekend was mainly uneventful... I did, however, get 5 new cds! So that was a major score!!! New music for my ipod.

stella - That quote you said reminded me of one of my favorites! "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." Hang in there.

air - Such a cute pic!
  • So I had a great night on the crisis lines last night. I saved a life - go me! And made the night of a man who called in sobbing. By the end of our call he was laughing and calling me a dear and told me I was a hoot! He also said that no one had made him laugh like I did in a while and he really needed that. So overall, a pretty good night. I left exhausted but pretty damn proud of myself! I left knowing that if I could save a life, I can very loose the weight that I want! Nothing like a major crisis to put life in perspective.

Jazz, that's awesome, a big girl job! It's such a good feeling.

platformnine, doesn't school suck sometimes? I have so many paper's due this semester I'm going to be miserable!

arts, I do the same thing with school. I get so stressed about what needs to be done, that I feel like I don't have time to work out. However, if I spent less time stressing, and more time at the gym I'd probably have more time in general, but it's tough!

star, awesome job!
  • Morning (almost afternoon) girls!

So I am so thrown off, keep thinking today is Monday and it's Tuesday, which is also my LONNNNNNNG day.

Today is off to a MUCH better start than yesterday for sure.

I didn't weigh in, I'm going to wait until Wednesday. Really trying hard to cut back on the amount I weigh myself and I already took my "official" weigh in so we'll see how long I hold out. LOL

I completely forgot my friend and his gf are coming to visit this Sunday. Her family is from PA so they're making a really long trip from GA up through the mtns of NC, over to me, up to PA and then to OH.... then back down! But I haven't seen him in a long time and I've never really met his gf and she seems to be a winner so I am really excited. Plus, as long as the rain holds off it will be a nice day. He was originally hoping to get a job transfer up here and asked me to show him around, but he got a promotion where he is so we just get to goof off! HOORAY!!!!

I emailed my boss this morning and told her I had the interview with the other school. It was a totally cop out but to be honest... my boss doesn't effing communicate with anyone. So cop out or not.... she's getting the amount of respect that she's earning. Hate to be so blunt. I figured she may be kind of mad or upset and all she said was to keep her posted and she would really hate to see me go, but she was okay with me interviewing. So cool?

Have I mentioned I hate being broke?

I'll do personals later, but I do have to say a BIG CONGRATS to my girl JESS!!!

That is WONDERFUL!

Can I come move in with you? LOL
  • Hi girls!!! I'm back from an amazing weekend of skating at the Canadian Nationals. I had such a great time!!!! The pair that I adore so much skated really well and managed to hold on to second place and a spot on the Olympic Team. I also got to try out my new camera and took TOO MANY photos I think my count was at like over 2200 pictures for the entire time (Thursday - Sunday). Whoops But they all came out so nice compared to my other camera that now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to get a dSLR.

I packed gym clothes and made it to the hotel gym twice while I was there. The other times, we did a lot of walking around downtown during breaks in events and just doing laps around the arena. Eating was pretty good too since the events ran all day long from early in the morning until late at night, leaving not much time to actually eat! haha The hotel was right near a 24 hour supermarket, so I bought a big bag of carrots, Nature Valley granola bars, and some apples to sneak into the arena in my purse.

Back to reality now!!! I landed last night at like midnight and got to come home to about 7 inches of snow. My parents were out of town this weekend as well visiting my sister, so I was worried about what my driveway would look like, but my neighbor shoveled out a spot for my car to pull into and shoveled a path to the front door for us. Definitely a nice thing to do

If any of you have me on Facebook, I added pictures there if anyone's interested.
  • Hey Laydeez, I'm back from vacation (which was wonderful); I'm swamped with catch up at work so I don't have time to do personals but I wanted to pop in and say hi and I'll be working my butt off the next few weeks to get rid of all the fondue and other goodies that stuck to my hips in spite of skiing 6hrs/day.