What do you snack on throughout the day?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I need some snack ideas. I try to do fruit and veggies as much as possible but if I use them to much then I'll get tired of eating it. So the things on my snack list are fruit with peanut butter..apples and banana's. I'll eat carrots and celery w/pb, yogurt, cottage cheese w/apple butter, special K bars...
  • I like the 100 calorie popcorn packs, and have recently discovered Chai with artificial sweetener and a little tiny bit of 2% milk.
  • I like Almonds a lot...they carry a fair amount of protein so it keeps me going longer.

Special K crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese

Apples, bananas, carrots, popcorn, beef jerky, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I'm a snacking type person
  • I've become more of a snacker-- especially at work--
    Raw almonds
    laughing cow cheese with a few triscuits (the low sodium ones)
    Edamame
    Fiber one bars
    fruit
    String Cheese
    Mini Pitas w/ hummus
    Baby carrots and sugar snap peas

I definately look for things with a fair amount of fiber and protein so that my snacking will actually be filling.
  • My favorites are laughing cow cheese with triscuits, chocolate flavored rice cake snacks, greek yogurt with a tiny bit of granola, and strawberries or blueberries.
  • ~Light laughing cow cheese with low fat crackers
    ~an apple ( i used to hate them)
    ~a yogurt.. my faves are greek ones and skyr. So thick and usually they have 16 grams of protein- makes you SUPER full.
    ~Popchips (althought I don't get them a lot because I tend to eat more than I should
  • unsalted nuts, crasins, string cheese, and i live on POPCORN! kettle corn's a good one.
  • Love raw Almonds and String cheese combo.
    Jello pudding sugar free 60 calories are great.
    Popcorn
  • I'm a pretty big snacker as well, I must admit.

- Fruit - of any variety! lately its been nectarines because they're in season and lovely
    - corn thins (either the lightly flavoured ones or plain with either peanut butter or nutella)
    - nuts
    - homemade muffins
    - yoghurt
    - muesli
    - sesame snaps
    - vita wheats with vegemite
    - hommus or tzaziki with carrots or rice crackers
    - shaved ham rolled up with a thin slice of avocado
    - small tins of tuna
    - baked beans
    - ricotta cheese mixed through with honey
    - english muffins
    - homemade slices or biscuits

... thats about all I can think of off the top of my head lol
  • I love the cocoa roasted almonds by Diamond. They are a nice change from regular almonds
  • I love a light yogurt with a granola bar (only 200 calories!) with some calorie-free flavored seltzer water. So good. Otherwise, fruit or just a slice of cheese does it for me. If I'm starving, I sometimes make myself a serving of oatmeal since it's only 160 calories and really filing!
  • Throughout the day at work I usually snack on bananas, oranges, avacado (with lime), sometimes almonds and lots and lots of green tea!
  • I snack on babybel light cheese wedges, pretzel sticks and hummus, bananas and clementines.
  • - fruit, cereal, crackers (kashi makes some great ones), vegetables, green tea, popcorn, dark chocolate, yogurt, pb+j thinwich sandwiches, small servings of left overs

I count calories so nothing is really off-limits. I even snack on ice-cream occasionally setting aside calories for it
  • I make sure all my snacks are clean and have a mix of lean proteins and complex carbs. I eat clean so a lot of my recipes come from Tosca Reno's books and I I'll make a big batch of whatever I'm cooking the night/weekend before and take smaller portions for snack/lunch.
    If my morning snack is an apple, then I'll eat about 10 almonds with it or raw veggies w/ homemade clean hummus so that it has a proper mix of cc & lp and will keep me full.