Is it possible???

• I started a water aerobics class at the end of December and with the exception of one day (they were closed) I have made it to every class (3x a week for 45 minutes).

I think I felt a bicep yesterday. You really can't see it but I think I felt it. Just a little bump.....

Is that possible in such a short time?????
  • Water aerobics is pretty good stuff. If you feel it, enjoy it! Whatever it takes to keep you motivated and moving, right?! Keep up the hard work.
  • Absolutely it is! And it will get bigger and better with time. Hurrah!

BTW, my gran used to call my tiddly little biceps 'knots in cotton'!!! I haven't thought of that phrase for years
  • I have always been surprised by how little it takes my body to respond favorably to healthier eating and exercise. Congratulations! (And, incidentally, that muscle was always there, of course - it's just that you're giving it definition! Awesome!)

Also, you don't say you're worried about bulking up, but I know some women get concerned about that. With water aerobics (unless you're using some pretty heavy weights, which is unlikely), your muscles will just continue to get better definition. As a rule, it's very unlikely that you'll bulk up unless you follow a regimen specifically intended for bulking.
  • It's so nice when you start to see progress, Congratulations !
  • absolutely it's possible! I had the ame experience from doing a couple weeks of circuit training dvd's . . . awesome motivation isn't it? Keep up the great job!!
  • Heck yes it's possible. It took me about 2 weeks of Jillian Michaels DVDs before I started to see improvement in my arm muscles. Congrats and keep at it! I wish I could go to water aerobics, but the only time my gym offers a class I have another commitment - it's called sleep.
  • I think it's definitely possible. Keep up the good work.
  • Congrats! I am sure that is a great feeling!