Your weekly exercise routine!

• Just curious I'd like to see what everyone else is up to!

For me:

Week 1
    Sunday - Saturday: 15 min Flexibility

Week 2
    Sunday: 15 min Flexiblity
    Monday: 30 min Flexilbity
    Tuesday - Thursday: 15 min Flexibility
    Friday: 30 min Flexibility
    Saturday: 15 min Flexibility

Week 3
    Sunday: 15 min Flexibility
    Monday - Tuesday: 30 min Flexibility
    Wednesday: 15 min Yoga
    Thursday - Friday: 30 min Flexibility
    Saturday: 15 min Flexibility

Week 4
    Sunday - Tuesday: 30 min Flexibility
    Wednesday: 30 min Yoga
    Thursday - Saturday: 30 min Flexibility

Week 5
    Sunday: 15 min Cardio
    Monday: 30 min Flexibility
    Tuesday: 15 min Cardio
    Thursday: 15 min Cardio
    Friday: 30 min Flexibility
    Saturday: 15 min Cardio

Week 6
    Sunday: 15 min Cardio
    Monday: 30 min Cardio
    Tuesday: 15 min Cardio
    Thursday: 15 min Cardio
    Friday: 30 min Cardio
    Saturday: 15 min Cardio

Week 7
    Sunday: 30 min Cardio
    Monday: 30 min Yoga
    Tuesday - Thursday: 30 min Cardio
    Friday: 30 min Yoga
    Saturday: 30 min Cardio

This is the plan I've worked out for myself. After Week 7, I'll probably add in strength training or maybe start running too, but we'll see when we get there. I'm just now nearing the end of week 2, so it'll be a while before I get there.

Usually when I get into something, I jump in it with both feet instead of taking my time to ease into it. I have to say WOW, taking the time to calm down and approach this slowly sure has made it a whole lot more bearable, easier and more enjoyable.
  • While starting to work out, I was riding the recumbent bike about 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week, and lifting weights every day. Once I reached 30 pounds on the weights, I started every other day, for three times a week.

Now in maintenance, I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, or a combo of elliptical, bike and treadmill for 30 minutes, with weights every other day. Still five days a week.
  • mine changes often since I get bored which is why I joined a gym to begin with lol. I need variety. Right now Iwalk three miles five times each week
  • Monday, Tuesday- 50 circuit training 35 min of cardio
    Wednesday -Day of Rest -I usually end up doing some kind of carido
    Wednesday, Thursday Friay- 50 min Circuit Training, 30 min of Cardio
    Sunday- Day of rest.
    I have found circuit training to amazin you keep your heart rate up while you tone your body it is amazing!!! I am a big fan of it.
  • I do like an hour to an hour and half of cardio, then 30 mins of lifting.
  • This can vary a little from day to day depending on how I am feeling but generally:

Monday - AM: 10-15 minute warm up on treadmill (12.5kph), Spin class
    - PM: Dragonboat training (usually about 1 - 1.5hrs on water with land based warm up)

Tuesday - AM: Dragonboat land session (bootcamp style) 1 hr hard resistance/cardio work
    - PM: Treadmill (20 -30 mins) and either weights session or spin class

Wednesday - AM: Treadmill warm up and Spin class
    - PM: Dragonboat training (same as monday)

Thursday - PM: 30 minute treadmill run and spin class

Friday - PM: 20-30 minute run and weights

Saturday - AM: Dragonboat training (1 - 1.5hr on water session + 1 hr land session)

Sunday - weights and a gentle walk.

Some weeks I will have a rest day or two, generally depends on how the body is feeling. I go with what its tells me
  • The days I work cause I do 4 12 hour shifts, I walk 30 minutes to work, then I get a 30 minute walk from work. (Evenutally I'll start to run home, but not just yet I don't want to tire myself out quickly)

As for my 4 days off...I'm still working on not being lazy but hopefully the motivation of walking to work and getting excersis in that time will help me become more motivated at home.
  • Every other day (or so, if I need more recovery) I lift weights. Full body (I hate splits) using kettlebells, dumbbells, and body weight.

Then most nights I take the dog out on a walk. Which ends up having natural intervals where we run, we jog, we stroll, we stop and smell things. That walk is 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on what is going on.

Every once in a while I'll bust on a video. The early WAtP series (the 3 mile that originally came with the weighted balls is my favorite), windsor pilates, FIRM, routines posted to YT, etc.

I also stretch before bed. It is just a routine now and relaxes me for sleeping time.
  • After a long time of not exercising usually because of an injury or something do:
    week 1: 20 minutes of cardio 3 to 4 times a week
    week 2: 20 minutes of cardio 3 t 4 times a week and weight train 2 times.
    week 3: 30 minutes 3x, 20 minutes 1x, weight train 2x
    week 4: 35 mins " " " " " " "
    I just keep increasing it.

Now on my 4th month an average week looks like this:
    Day 1: 45mins interval cardio
    Day 2: 50mins spinning, and 10 foot strengthening
    Day 3: palates 60mins, body conditioning 60mins
    Day 4: day off
    Day 5: interval cardio 45mins
    Day 6: interval cardio 45mins
    Day 7: spinning 45mins and 15mins foot strengthening.