NSVs - bras and shopping in my closet

• Two big NSVs today, even though I am only down 17 lbs!

First, I have a huge wardrobe of scrub tops, but only a handful that I have been able to wear. There were only one or two of the 3x pullovers that fit comfortably, and the rest were snap fronts that I had to wear open with a tee underneath. Today, I tried on about 6 of my previously too tight 3x's and they FIT! I cannot wait to go back to work Tuesday...I am going to wear a "new" top every day! It felt so good to go "shopping" in my own closet and come out with a whole new wardrobe for work. Next step, I have about a dozen scrub tops in a 2x that are waiting for me!

Second, I have been wearing cheap, pull over sports bras almost exclusively for about a year because all my bras were uncomfortable. They offer no support or shape and I have that God-awful uniboob with them. Sure, they were comfortable, but I always felt frumpy and unattractive with them. I mean, come one, about the only good thing about being overweight is having a nice rack! Well, on a whim this morning I put on one of my "real" bras that I have not worn in at least a year, and not only did it fit, but I could actually put it on the middle and not the loosest closure! I feel so much more womanly and shapely...I got my curves back...no more single blob of chest for me. I got boobs again!

• YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! Few things feel better than being able to fit into something that you couldn't before (another is when you can't wear something 'cuz it's too big!) - so show off those "new" tops now that you're also lifted and separated and wait for the compliments!

Keep up the good work - it's evidently working for you - can't wait to hear about your next closet shopping spree for the waiting 2x's!

• That has got to be the best feeling in the world! Congratulations.
  • Thanks, everyone! I have never been this excited to go to work, LOL!
  • Love it!
    I think we're all guilty of hanging onto our 'skinny' clothes but way to go - you are actually fitting the things you've hung on to!! 17 lbs is a lot and it sounds like it's your body shape that is changing significantly so congratulations - enjoy those tops and the bra - you've definitely earned it Yay for you!!
  • Excellent! What a great boost it is to have "new" and smaller clothes to wear! Keep up the good work and you will have many more of these NSVs.

Cheers,

J
  • Feels good don't it?
    Congratulations girl, keep up your awesome work!!!
  • Congratulations! You say you lost ``only`` 17lbs, but that`s a big amount! You`ve come a long way and you`ll be fitting into those 2Xs in no time!

I definitely find fitting into clothes I used to wear more exciting than buying new ones!