Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Upper 170s/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Exercise after being Sick

I got sick in early November, assumed it was the flu, and once the worst was over I tried to get back to normal (and hopefully back to exercising). Unfortunately, I never really got better and was so fatigued all the time, and it seemed like I could never get enough sleep (which was really awesome during finals week). I finally went to the doctor when I went home for break, and it was mono.

I had been planning to exercise a ton over break, but ended up still sleeping for forever, which I really needed, so I'm glad for it. However, I've been hoping that I could start exercising more and work towards getting toned, and since it's winter term I have a lighter workload. I'm still feeling fatigued. I'm less so, but I don't know what to do about exercising, whether I should just try it out and see, or wait until I get back to normal, etc. What do you guys think? Are there any exercises you'd suggest?
kasmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #2  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

You could do some low-impact exercise for short intervals. I have a friend with Lyme Disease who gets fatigued easily and that's what she does. Like doing the treadmill (no incline) for thirty minutes. At least you'd be doing something.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Maybe do some stretching and light walking, and see how your body feels afterword? That way you're up and moving, but it's not too taxing on you body.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm having this issue right now as I'm trying to get better after an upper respiratory infection. I think it's best just to start walking and maybe do light things like lunges and sit ups, nothing too intense. Hopefully I can take my own advice. I haven't even been able to do any of that.

Feel better soon!
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote