Starting p90x-any joiners?

You're on Page 4 of 14
Go to
  • I was afraid of that too but I love it! My body is responding really well, not sure of results yet but it feels great. It has me really craving healthy foods and water a lot more than normal. We've always eaten quite cleanly and enjoyed it but simple things like boneless skinless chicken breast grilled just tastes so amazing now!
  • Ok, got my P90X in on Sat. Took my "before pics", which was a hit to the ol' ego I really didn't need. Got my body fat measurement, and did workout one yesterday. I lasted the whole video, but had to modify and rest more than I'd hoped. Today was plyo. I lasted 10 minutes. I think this was partly because my head really wasn't in it. I was preoccupied with having to deal with a foot or so of snow, and didn't really want to be working out. So, I paused it and am going to try again in a little bit. The snow is taken care of, and now I can concentrate on the video. Man, am I sore from yesterday though! How's everyone else?

Jenny
  • Week 2 is going great! I did yoga yesterday, it was tough but i split it into parts. Today, I did legs and back which was awesome! Tomorrow is Kenpo!
  • Good luck Nelie!
  • Great Job ladies!!! I was a bit afraid to do the classic program, so I'm doing lean. I waffled for a little bit but saw my husband doing plyo the other day and was so glad I'm doing lean first to build up my endurance and strength. I'm itching to try the chest workout, it looks great but I quite enjoy core synergistics in a sick sort of way. Nelie-do you like Kenpo? We both have done martial arts in the past and had a really good time with it. The bald guy in the back is amazing! He's so fast and his form is perfect. We went a little slower than them, we got caught up in good form which I think is more important than speed anyway. Today was the first day in a week I woke up and was able to move without cringing lol. Can't wait til tomorrow morning :-) Is it wrong that post workout hurts feel oh so good?
  • Kenpo is awesome! I am currently studying karate so I try to keep my karate form in doing things that they do in the DVD. I had a lot of energy this morning, during the breaks, I felt full of energy. I actually went to my karate class tonight as well.
  • starting power 90
    Hope it is okay if I jump in here. My husband and I are planning on starting the Power 90 program on Monday. We are both excited about getting started. That might change when we finally do! I don't think either one of us is ready to do P90X right off the bat. Hopefully we will be able to graduate to that.

It will be interesting to see how we find time to do it together. I think that is the only way I will stick with it, though. As much as I dislike accountability, I know it works for me.
  • Nelie-what style are you currently studying? Congrats on all the energy!
    Sports-Welcome!!! Of course it's ok :-) Have fun with Power 90 and let us know how it's going. Even though we do our workouts at different times of the day I love doing it with my husband. Days like today when I really just want to curl up and hide, knowing he's doing his workout when he gets home keeps me on track. Although tonight it's quite a struggle so I think I'm going out of sequence and doing yoga instead of shoulders...
  • vmo1 - I am studying the korean style (tang soo do). It seems to be very popular around here. I like it a lot.
  • Hi Everyone! I saw the commercial for P90x tonight and told my boyfriend I thought I might like it...and he goes and pulls it out of a box of his stuff he has in the garage! So now I'm reading through everything, no so sure about the diet plan though, do any of you follow the plan? I was also wondering how this work out is on your back? I've had problems with pinched nerves in my back before and wonder how hard this program might be on my back.
  • Colleen - I've had back problems before and the only thing you might want to be careful about is having cushioned shoes, especially for things like plyometrics but there is a cardio dvd that you can use instead of the plyo dvd. Otherwise, he seems to be very cautious of hurting your joints/back and there is a lot of good stretching involved. Of course having strong abs is important for protecting your back and there is a good ab workout included. Some of the ab workouts you may need to modify heavily to protect your back though.
  • Colleen,
    I'm mostly following the diet, but I really can't eat that much in one day! After trying to limit portions, this diet regimen is quite a shock to the system. So I've been substituting and it seems to be going ok, especially for breakfast. I don't mind the high protein, but 6 egg whites?!? Holy crap! So I've added a little more dairy, like yogurt, and a little less egg whites. Lunch and dinner seem to be ok though.
  • I just ordered P90X! I am soooooo excited and worried! It costs alot! Hope its worth it!
  • How's anyone doing? We're 2 weeks through and loving it....although it was a pretty rough week last week. Between the muscle water retention and that time, i'm up 10 pounds!!! I'm positive it's water weight but still pretty darn discouraging. Doesn't seem to want to let go either...
  • I'm doing good, yesterday was Yoga and today was Legs & Back. My arms are actually pretty sore and the Yoga doesn't help any with that