Starting p90x-any joiners?

You're on Page 11 of 14
Go to
  • I did day one yesterday. Chest and back are sore as heck!
  • I actually just started this yesterday, I did tryout the Ab's on saturday and holy moly i was feeling it the next day.
    Yesterday my hubby and i got up and did chest/back and abs...being as i'm BIG it was hard for me to do all the push ups and stuff like that i tried to motify them the best i could, today is the Poly one which i did preview and that looks better....
    I did get the Insanity vids, but i could only do less then a min before i was about to die, this seems to be more up my alley...
    Rai
  • I'm waiting for mine to come. Can't wait to get it!!
  • OMG after doing the chest and back workout i was sore in my chest, back, triceps and abs! My abs were sore in the lowest area (right above the crotch area) and all up my sides and my entire arms were sore as well especially the muscle that's right by the elbow joint. It hurt to straighten my arms the next day. I'm so psyched about p90x because after doing chalean extreme i very rarely got sore anymore and it didn't matter how many crunches and different ab exercises I did, my abs NEVER got sore anymore. Call me crazy but I LOVE being sore! It reminds me that I worked hard and makes me feel like more of an athlete.
  • I just completed Day 1...Chest & Back and Ab Ripper. I loved it. Never done so many pushups at one time though...sure I will be sore tomorrow! But I also like sore! ;-)
  • Started this today. I am really excited about it.

I am doing lean so did the Core one today. When people asked how I did I decided to focus on the stuff I could do instead of the the things I had trouble doing I was impressed with some of the stuff that I had no idea I could do! I didn't feel like I worked out hard enough so I am down on myself for that. I attempted EVERYTHING but I will admit I might have not worked to my full potential.

It's CardioX tomorrow..can't wait to try it! (and push myself this time )
  • I've done three days of P90X and am loving it so far!
  • I just started p90x lean version yesterday. Yesterday was Core Synergistics which I liked, but had to modify practically everything. I do Cardio X today, which I look forward to.
  • I got some of these, second hand, but didn't come with a diet plan or booklet or anything. So not sure if I just start on any video or what. Anyway someone could message me or something and give me a briefing on what the diet plan looks like? I have my own diet plan right now but I just want to see how it compares. If not, I understand. Thanks!
  • stuffedbunny-

There's a bunch of different orders in which you can do the videos depending on whether you want to do p90x doubles p90x lean or p90x original. They pretty much use the same videos doubles and lean just include more than one workout per day typically. Here's the classic p90x schedule, days go monday through sunday:
    Month one weeks 1-3
    Day 1: Chest&Back and Ab ripper x
    Day 2: Plyometrics
    Day 3: Shoulder & Arms and Ab ripper x
    Day 4: Yoga X
    Day 5: Legs and back and Ab ripper x
    Day 6: Kenpo X
    Day 7: Rest OR x stretch

For the final week of the first month they switch it up:

Day 1: yoga x
    day 2: core synergistics
    day 3: kenpo x
    day 4: x stretch
    day 5: core synergistics
    day 6: yoga x
    day 7: rest or x stretch

I have the other 2 months schedules as well and I have the nutrition guide if you would like to pm me with your email address I can send you an attachement of them if u would like.
  • work and My half marathon training are really cutting into my p90x time, but I'm doing the best I can. I replaced plyometrics day with insanity and didn't have time to do yoga x. I'm going to combine kenpo x and x stretch in one day to try to catch up. I did legs and back today and I'm feeling great. I know this isn't an excuse but me and my hubby get off work around the same time, and when he gets home he always wants to go do stuff with me ( not complaining ) and it's tough to squeeze in an hour workout AND my running. I've been doing okay though but I could definitely do better. I'm thinking about possibly getting up before work to do my runs. It's going to be tough because my runs last around an hour sometimes more and I work at 6am so I'd have to get up pretty early to be able to run and shower before work.

DH is going to be gone for a little over a week starting tomorrow so it will be easier to stay on plan because I just have to worry about myself. I can go to bed really early so I can get up with enough time to run before work and then I can come home from work and do my p90x clean house a bit, play with the dog, post on here and go to bed early and do it all over again. I'm just going to have to suck it up and do it this way because when I save my workouts for after work, something always comes up and i end up skipping one of them. NOT GOOD! I've got 30 ish more pounds to lose so I need to bring it!

Sorry this was such a long post, lol. Everyone just keep pushing play and we will get our beach bodies on! wooooooh!
  • im thinking about doing this, but wanted to ask if anyone else has done the power 90 or slim in 6 before hand? or if they have just jumped into p90x?... i use to be very fit and do 2hr work outs of cardio 6 days out of 7 but stoped from an op an losing a loved one then put loads of weight on..and how much have you lost since doing it? thanks
  • bbg-

I started with chalean extreme and finished that program before I started p90x. I was *very* new to weight training and if I would have started right out with p90x I would have probably had a really hard time. I believe there is a fit test you can do to see if you are ready for p90x. I'm unable to do any real pullups but I modify them, trying to get stronger so i can do real ones some day. When i first started on my weight loss journey I couldn't even do one real pushup, but after completing clx i was able to do atleast 10 on my toes. On the chest and back dvd of p90x you do a LOT of pushups so make sure you can do some on your toes.

They say p90x is not for beginners but it's really just a personal choice. Do what you can do, modify what you can't until you can do the real version (ie knee pushups etc) do it every day and you will get stronger!

Hope this helps!
  • thank you ive only had a few months off from my old exercise so ill give the p90x a try if i cant keep up then ill try out one of the others, how much have u changed since doing p90x have u lost much weight? thanks again xx
  • Glad to help!

I'm only in my first week so I don't have any visible results yet. But I am always sooooore after my workouts so I am definitely working my muscles! I love being sore!