cheesecake factory?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi there! i've been "forced" to eat there TWICE in the past month, and i never go there! Anyway, the first time I went, I got the Weight Management Grilled Chicken:
    Lightly Pounded Chicken Breast Charbroiled and Topped with a Tomato and Arugula Salad. Garnished with Steamed White Rice and Asparagus. Under 590 Calories.

That is a lot for lunch, but you can always take the second half home for dinner, or not eat the rice and save yourself a couple hundred calories.

The second time I went I got the Herb Crusted Salmon Salad. It's not one of their weight management salads, but now I was just trying to not devour a huge bowl of pasta and thought this looked tasty without being high in carbs:

Our Wonderful Fresh Herb-Crusted Salmon Served Chilled on Top of Baby Lettuces, Tomato and Vegetables. Tossed in Our Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Good luck! And stay away from the bread basket!!
  • Factory Burger with the top part of the bun removed. No fries. De-lish.
  • P.S. When I was actively losing weight, I ate this *every single Friday.*
  • I got the miso grilled salmon with broccoli instead of rice and asked for my food not to be cooked in oil...hope it helped!
  • Sounds good, thanks for sharing! Hope you had a nice time.
  • I go to restaurants a lot, and in general I order grilled chicken without toppings. If it seems oily, I dab it with napkins to get rid of some of the grease. Alternatively, I will get a burger, plain, and eat only a small part of the bun or order a turkey sandwich on whole grain minus any bacon or mayo. Or at a fancier place I'll get a filet mignon and plain baked potato. I've eaten out often throughout my weight loss. If I have a big meal at lunch, I'll compensate by eating a little lighter at dinner. You can dine out almost anywhere, but just make healthier choices and watch what you eat the rest of the day.
  • kellost: I'm also a big fan of the filet mignon and steamed vegetables at restaurants. Usually, it is an 8oz filet, though, which is too much for me at dinner, and because it's expensive, I sometimes feel bad not finishing it. Usually I can pawn some off on my husband.
  • Hi - check chiming in to say that I just ate lunch at Cheesecake! I had 1/2 Factory Burger on wheat, steamed broccoli, and diet Coke.

Approx. 400 calories

[1/2 of 737 calorie burger
    35 calories for steamed broccoli
    No fries!]
  • This is stupid, but I always feel embarrassed ordering "diet" foods when I am out. One thing I've found is that non-cream chicken soups and some bean soups are often low calorie, especially if you ask them to hold the cheese/avacado/tortilla/croutons whatever they have for toppings (350-450 calories, for a bowl). Soup also takes a while to eat, so you finish with everyone else.