Chick Chat - January, 2010

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Good Afternoon,

Hard to believe its 2010 isn't it. I hope everyone has a very Happy Healthy New Year. I can tell you there will be some changes at this house LOL.

How is everyone?

Leenie
  • Hi Leenie and all chicks here and Happy New Year to us all.
  • Just a quick hello. I've gotta be at work at 6am. Hope you all had a great start to the year today. I've gotta get my goals down on paper so I can follow through better. I just trudged through the day today not wanting to be back at work. Too much time off just spoiled me I guess. See you all tomorrow.
  • Good Morning,

Same to you Holly

Hope good for you... I was never one to follow through writing it down but boy it works for so many people, I'm glad you have a plan.

Yesterday I actually cleaned out the play room / exercise room (oops excuse my language, I said the "e" word) and I ut um.... cleaned off my treadmill. There! I said it Its time.

Since its back to work on Monday, today I'll be tiding up the house, making meals for the week ahead and planning my meals as well.

Hope y'all have a great weekend

Leenie
  • Good morning, my friends - Happy New Year

I am so sorry to have abandoned you for so long... I pretty much abandoned myself, too! Ugh. Personally, I am no farther ahead than I was a year ago, but changes are coming. They MUST. My house is sold now, closing the end of February, so I need to get a plan in place for my future.

Weight-wise - oh dear. Those of you who know me, it has been almost two years (Jan 12th) since I lost the first 100lbs. I am still hovering at that weight - having lost another 27lbs and gained it back again, a couple of times now. Today is six months since surgery, and I am terrified it was such a waste of money, with me gaining weight. We will see if I can repair the damage done.

Sooooo - I have never really been one for making resolutions just because it is a new year, but this year feels different - maybe I just need a 'do-over'!!

I am resetting my ticker - - it isn't going to help for me to pretend things are different than they are.

I hope you are all well... off to find Miss Motivation and ask her to move back in with me!!

Heather
  • Quote: We will see if I can repair the damage done.
    You can and you will !!!! You are very strong, don't ever forget that.

Leenie
  • So I went to the grocery store yesterday to restock my cupboards and fridge with what I need to loose weight. I will be starting Monday, will spend some time getting stuff ready for at least Monday and probably Tues and Wed tomorrow. I figure if I am prepared in advance then I don't have as much of a chance to fail right.
    I hope you all have a great day and I will chat with you later.

Trish
  • Hi everyone
    Its great to see everyone making plans. I've been making some vague outlines in my own head, but I should make some concrete plans. This time of year is so hard as its so dark and snowy and I just want to sleep. I really have to dig out my treadmill so that I can start moving as I know that will help me in so many ways. My treadmill has sort of been in storage since June when a friend of my oldest daughter moved back in.
    I should go to sleep one more day and then its back to the routine of getting someone on the school bus.
    Take care everyone,
    K
  • Good Morning,

Its sooooooo windy today, even the dogs are restless from hearing things blowing around outside. Did I mention its cold too lol.

Back to work tomorrow.. my vacation went so fast

I am making some beef jerky for snacks to take to work so I don't stray and I have a frig full of yogurt and veggies. Lord knows I need lots of help..lots!

Buddly... I agree.. get that treadmill dug out and make some concrete plans. It is hard with the weather and being so dark so early... but we can do it right !!

Lots of changes at work tomorrow... new boss and who knows what else is coming down the pipeline for us. Stressful place to work.. and that is even more reason for me to stick to a plan of healthy eating and exercise.

Have a fantastic Sunday Chickies

Leenie
  • Leenie - good luck with the new boss tomorrow, hope it goes well!

Buddly - preaching to the choir, sister! I got on my treadmill yesterday for the first time in SO long, I had actually - no, REALLY! - forgotten how parts of it worked!

Trish - planning makes perfect! There are things I still (and maybe never will be able to!) cannot have in the house - Peanut Butter! I'd eat my way through a jar in a few days. So I just don't buy it! One of my downfalls is that I take healthy lunches to work, but our cafeteria bakes these giant chocolate chip cookies that are warm and gooey and... NO! I have started as I mean to go on! LOL Good luck!

I've been sleeping roughly 9 hrs a night this holiday... back to work tomorrow - goodness! I'll have to be in bed by 8pm!

2 days of eating well, and on the treadmill to start up running again yesterday. I have had to start ALL over - this was a HUGE frustration for me, remembering how long I was running for, and that my thighs didn't rub together! BUT... being frustrated about it has only put me in denial and it has to start somewhere. So, I have restarted. Yes, I hated how little I could do. Yes, I hated changing my ticker. But, again - it has to start somewhere. *I* had to start somewhere. In a way, it's good - I only have 39lbs to lose, not 139!

Meanwhile, selling lots of furniture and belongings - wow, I accumulated a LOT of stuff! and starting to pack.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
    Heather
  • Wow, it's so good to see all the oldies but goodies posting again.

I too must start over (and actually do something). I've been getting my head wrapped around it for a month now. We all know it's more of a mind game than anything physical. After this post I'm going to change my ticker to what it should be.

There are a couple of girls at work who are going to start WW tomorrow online. I've done WW so many times that I know what to do, I just need to do it. It's basically calorie counting anyway which is what I want to do. I'm not good with anything being off-limits. I think I'm going to start slowly though and set my own point limit which is probably a little more than WW would recommend. I'm also going to start working out, but I don't want to set myself up failure. I want this to be something I do for life. I will aim for 3or 4 times a week but will not beat myself up if it's only two. So, in the spirit of writing it down, here are my resolutions:

1. Eat around 1800 calories to start
    2. Workout 2x a week for 30 minutes
    3. Eat 4 fruits/veggies a day
    4. Fix my hair 2x a week

I should probably explain the last one. I have a job where I can just throw my hair up in a pony tail and be done with it. It's tempting to do that especially since the heavier I get, or the more depressed, the less effort I put into looking good. I avoid looking at myself in the mirror so I just like to pull it back and not look too long or hard.

Well that's it. Good luck to us all. I know if I follow through with this at this time next year I will so glad that I did.
  • Hi Ladies I am new here to 3FC, but I love it so far. You are all so positive and SWEET! I hope everyone's new year is going well.

Weight wise I have been doing alright. I am just thankful that the holidays are over and I go back to school in a week. I always have an easier time staying on track there. My momma makes such good food when I am home that it's hard to eat the right amount.

Stay strong!
  • I dont know what my funk is lately but I have been just downright mean...if I didnt know better Id think I TOM was coming but its way early... Yes i am doing pretty good on meds..

Right now my Mt. Laundry is growing faster than I can knock it down so there for I am going to attack it...how long do you think it takes to do 15-20 loads of laundry??? I wish I could say I was kidding but I am probably pretty close to that I have to go sort out what I brought down from the second half the week...really if you have 7 people + 2 loads each for a week...equals bout 14 loads that doesnt count the blankets and sheets...UGHHHH...think my kids are going to wear the same clothes for a week...HAHAHA..JK

lata of to climb the mountain!!
  • good morning! I am running late so only have time to say hello to everyone I know hi to those I will know and best wishes to Leenie on the work situation, best wishes to momof4 for attacking Mt. Laundry and yeah I am right there with you all in getting my head ready to stick to my goals and have strength in resisting.
  • Well it is 1:00 and I have stayed with plan so far and that is even having started TOM and being up half the night with baby (she is teething). I have also not had an ounce of caffeine today. I think that is what I am struggling with the most. Well I have to run get my son from school it is early release today. I hope all have a great one and I will check back in later.

Trish