Chick Chat - January, 2010

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in here and saying hi to all of you.

Just a bit of background on me..I have pretty bad anxiety and some bouts of depression.I've been on Lexapro since June and it's helped but my sleep is totally messed up. I haven't slept good in over a year. I've gained 30 pounds over the last year too which was utterly depressing considering I had lost 160 pounds and maintained it for 4 years. So I've started doing diet to go and have been feeling a lot better since that. I'm on ambien right now and have actually gotten some sleep in the last week which has been a nice change.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

~Kerri~
  • Kerri you are always welcome here and you will find good support. Even if you leave and come back much later, it is like you never left and is really nice. So I would like to say welcome. I hope you find you like it.

Mom I hope that you are feeling better.

Purefire I hope that having the positive outlook is helping and that you were able to accomplish that.

Not much from here. I went out yesterday and got new workout shoes. I have decided that I am really committed to this, so I could spend the money. I thought it was a waste if I was not going to work out, but I have now done it everyday for 3 weeks and twice a day for 2 weeks. I did not loose anything this week. That is a bit disappointing, but I do know that when you work out a lot of times you stall on loosing because you are converting and gaining muscle. So I hope that it corrects itself soon. I will talk to you all later.

Trish
  • Hello ladies sorry I don't have time to address personals, will try to do so soon! I have been still working out every day but have not been able to stick to any sensible eating. have to get ready for work now, hope everyone has a good day.
  • Morning Ladies...

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday..

Lovebirds ~ Thanks for the hugs

Hope ~ I don't understand why eating a little to much makes you want to eat more... I have to watch myself or I will end up doing just that. Its ok to eat a little extra now and then.. you just have to remind yourself not to keep doing it all day long.

Kerri ~ Welcome... The girls here are wonderful.. and whether or not you post everyday or just keep coming back when you can they support you no matter what.

Trish ~ I have noticed the same... I can eat right and exercise, lose a pound or two a week and then nothing... If you keep at it.. you will see the pounds drop again... Just don't get discourages if he doesn't happen for a week or two..

Vermont ~ Have you tired making your meals and snacks before hand? I have been doing that recently and it has helped me stay on track and eat right when I do actually do it. Its just an Idea. Even when you have to cook for someone else... You can make them whatever and still have your own meal

Well so far... I have caught up with some of the posts... I think from now on... I will read them before I post... That normally helps

Today is day three of working on staying on track... I have been eating right.. and exercising twice a day... Today I haven't exercised yet.. but I am going to wait until tonight and just take a break for the morning. The only bad thing is that I keep weighing myself every morning which I need to stop doing...

I actually did some thinking about my stepmother and the situation that is going on... I decided that as much as I want to be stubborn and pighead and just not deal with it or her... I can't actually do that.. In her condition she needs all the support that she can get and even if I am still pissed at her.. I am just going to let it go... I am doing this more for my son than for anyone else... He doesn't need tension between his mother and his mimi...

Now I am going insane.. I haven't done any studying this weekend... I actually just finished doing my homework and I still have to go to my dads and print everything out... So I have to study hard today. I have a Pharmacology test tomorrow and I feel I know nothing about it...

Well I think I am done with my little rant..

Have a good day ladies...
  • NEWS FLASH!!!!!
    I posted my BL Audition video on youtube for you guys!! I am only leaving it on there for a week or so for all you to see it then taking it off. I finally after 2 months finished the editing and got it under 10mins!! If you type in biggest loser audtion for jess it should come up. If you cant find it let me know!!!
    This should be the link to it. I dont know if im allowed to post links on here or not...sorry if im not!!
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
  • Hi everyone!
    Just popping in to say Hi and let you know I'm still alive here.

Mom I just watched you video. Excellent job it looks great.

Welcome Kerri and Lovebirds.

Seems like we are all just making it here, just think only, what, four more weeks till March and spring. We can make it.

My back has been bugging me from work. Friday night I was taking the Tylenol with muscle relaxants so yesterday I was rather groggy and dizzy, so didn't get anything I wanted done. Eating has been soso. I looked at the calender and I have 16 weeks till my daughters hs graduation. That's enough time to make a decent change. It was "way back week" on facebook, so I was going through old photos and saw how awful I looked at DdA's grad, a little improved for DdB's. I'd really like to not cringe at these pictures. Anyway that is my added motivation as if I didn't have enough already.

I better go, I'm running out of battery power here.

Take care everyone
    K
  • Thanks buddly!
    So I want all you to be honest. i haven't put the final copy on dvd yet I will be doing that tomorrow...if theres anything that needs changed let me know! I can handle critism from friends so be honest!! thanks guys!!

Trish-You rock....That is a great accomplishment to excercise consistantly!

ker-welcome its always nice to have others jump in!!

Vermont-again being able to excercise consistantly is awesome...the eating will come i am sure!! What is it will all you and your excercise consistancy I am sooo jealous!!

buddly-so nice of you to remind us how close spring really is...I cant wait didnt realize it was that close!! Its a good goal to set for the graduation!! I am sure with the support from here and your determination you can do it!!!

nothing much here...just hanging witht he family!! thats about it!! ill post more later when I can think..kids are all doing their own thing and its kinda loud!! lol

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY BL AUDITION!!!

purefire-awww thats awesome you care about your step mom even when she does you wrong and your able to see past that and do whats good for her!!
  • Momof4, it was great! I felt like I was watching a friend and that I know you. I guess I do in a way. Anyway, I thought it was very honest and real. I'm really pressed for time tonight but I will watch it again this week and try to be more critical. This is a very busy week but I will squeeze it in. Good job, and you look so young! I forget your age? Big
  • Thanks hope-i am 29...and yes you do know me probably "know" me better than a lot of people that just Know who I am...I am completely real on here...in real life as a pastors wife I cant tell very many people hardly anything because then its the newest biggest gossip in the church "girl did you hear shes depressed...oh I cant believe that..." you know what I mean...LOL. I dont feel judged by any of you and dont have to worry bout what you guys will be spreading bout me next...lol...I only have like 2 close friends that I can tell everything except one even as much as i love her and we just click I really am noticing how much she "gossips" not meaning to but shes the type that it just comes out in convo...not she gets off the phone with me and calls them...lol. She will tell me stuff like that with her Boyf and how she accidently told soinso bout something that happen then it got to her dad then her dads calling her...and have caught her in some stuff she told her boyfriends mother (which goes to our church and has a big mouth) SOOOOO to end that I am learning not to tell her anything important anymore!! Live and you learn! I am glad I learned to start shutting my mouth a few years back cause even once in a while i will slip and man it gets me in soo much trouble....i know too much stuff about the youth and have to remember what can be published..haha...and what not...so I just started saying NOTHING...best that way

Ok yeah there I go again ranting bout nothing.

Bout the BL audition...I had posted it on the hollywood casting page for the lady that does the casting and all the other people into biggest loser...well I didnt realize that it shows up on my facebook page and sends notice to the home page for everyone to see I updated and put a link out and IT SHOWED IT....I wanted to cry because like I know I have the problem but there are people (the gossip lady from church) that I dont let know my personal life. Like now I know their going to be saying "Well if shed just stop eating she wouldnt be gaining weight...she dont need a show she just needs to stop eating" Thats just how they are...i ended up deleting it off the page but I am sure she probably already saw it...
    Eating for me is a problem...just like drinking for other people and drugs and smoking....they are addicted and CANT stop...I get that but people treat food addictions like its not a real addiction...You dont offer a recovering acholoic a drink...you dont offer a person that just kicked smoking a smoke...so why offer a food addict a donut or a soda?? More and more I know where my recent 20lbs came from the last whatever months...I eat at night...which is classified as binging...cause its like you try hiding it when everyones sleeping. Im not hungry, I just eat....During the day I eat normal portions dont over eat...if i happen to have snack cakes I will like sneak one during the day but at night I eat like 2 or 3 plus i eat like noodles, bagels, eggs and toast...(not all at once) but basically I am eating another lunch at night. I dont know how to beat it...I do by going to bed earlier but my sleep is all screwed up even when I go to bed I cant sleep. My personality is I have to wait and do alll my cleaning at once I cant clean a little here a little there...so that is the same with dieting and excercising...I have to do it all at once not just little steps some here some there because I dont feel like I am doing anything with just a little.....I dont know if me doing the BL Audition tape was truly so I can be on there a change my life or if I can learn thru doing the tape about me and what i need to change...guess time will tell
    SORRY that was all so deep but its real and I have told my husband this stuff (only him) like once and he just said well then you need to just break the addiction...LIKE ITS THAT EASY..hes not insensitive he really isnt but sometimes he just doesnt get it..

Ok I am going to shut up now....just me keeping it real! thanks girls!!
  • Morning Ladies...

Mom ~ I liked your video it was good...

Buddly ~ Oh I can understand the back hurting... Mine is from a car accident in August but every so often it just starts to really bother me... Tylenol doesn't work on me.. The only thing I have found is icy hot. I just rub it into my back and 10 minutes later then pain has lessened... and recently I found a non-scented icy hot.. considering I hate leaving the house spelling of menthol. Spring is a good time. I am actually impatiently waiting for it to come... So tired of winter.. Hope your back is doing better...

I had got up this morning completely tired and I felt like I was sleep walking.. I didn't study much all weekend... I jumped on the gazelle for 30 minutes this morning and while doing that I studied for my test this morning. I actually feel like I know most of it which is a shock. I also think I found a new way to study... Now I am actually awake and done everything I have to except eat breakfast and get ready for school.. Which is not normal.... Have so much to do today since I slacked over the weekend so it will be a long day for me...

Hope everyone has a good Monday..
  • Not doing well. Feeling very much like nobody cares about me.

Or my aunt.

Or my grandmother.
  • awwww love- i am sure there are people around you that care so much more than you know....sometimes when your in a deep depression things seem bad n u feel all alone. I hope can get yourself back up and realize how much people love you!
  • Mrs. Brady, hugs again from me. It is a huge thing to lose a family member and to someone who has depression, a really hard thing.

mom - my internet connection is too freakin slow to me to try to watch your vid - I did try...but it was so kewl to 'meet' you in person I will try tomorrow morning, maybe our connection will be better and I will watch fully and critique, not that I think it will need it

Hi to Buddly, Purefire (sorry about the strife with stepmom, you are taking the high road girl ) hope4me, trish (you are working out aLOT!) welcome to Kerri; Hi Leenie, and marbear, and Heather; and I'm still doin the Shout Out to Havisham. I hope I didn't overlook anyone!

mom, it must be very difficult that you can't talk about your very real illness of depression because of fear of your community finding out, and possibly not being supportive. I have one friend who I can tell..but she lives in Arizona and she's a psychiatrist, for cryin' out loud, lol. One friend I confided in, once, I told her of my suicidal thoughts. And she got ANGRY at me. That was a bad reaction on her part I see now but hey, come on. And I was with a friend recently who said something like, "Can you imagine feeling so bad that you'd want to kill yourself?" and I just didn't say anything. So this place is a godsend for me too.

I don't know how to say I am able to work out consistantly, somehow I've made it a habit and I do know how much better it makes me feel, so it's a necessity (especially me being on my feet all day in retail)
  • Hi Ladies-

I'm not new to the forum, Just new to this section you could say. I have been going through what I would like to call a mild case of depression the past few months . I dont really have money to pay for therapy, and while I would like to talk to people I can confide in like my mother or my best friend, I realize that for some reason I dont want to(maybe because im embarassed?). This website was very important to me last spring when I lost 20 pounds, so I thought maybe there were ladies out there just like me, who were going through what I was or who could offer me some advice.

Nice to meet you all
  • It's nobody's fault, but