Chick Chat - January, 2010

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back NeverTooLate. I'm hanging on to that same belief that it's not too late.

Vermont, I admire your ability to trudge through the dark times and do the things you need to do and try to do to make yourself feel better. I find that really hard to do. The general routine of life is seems so taxing, way more than it should, things like housework and makeup/hair styling. It's always a struggle to stay on top of things.

I was off today. It went too fast. I actually took 2 naps. It was great. I needed to do a lot of housework but whatever. I did the dishes and some laundry and cooked dinner. Good enough I say. I worked out on the ellipticle, after nap #2. If only I was off tomorrow...

Heather and Buddly, what's up?

OK, didn't mean to put the angry face on the top of my post!?!?
  • Tired, tired, tired... and we all know that means poor eating. And very little exercise. I am hovering at the same weight, almost 30lbs up. Just can't seem to connect my brain to my desire. I'd like to eat crap AND be slimmer... hmmm.

Glad to see you all, and welcome back, NTL

Coming down with a cold - sore throat today. This was the first year EVER that I got to - and through! - Christmas without getting sick. It's caught up though. I bet if I was eating better and exercising I'd have fought it off!

We shall see what the weekend brings! Have a great day, all!

• Hi Ladies,

Can't play, work is crazy and depressing LOL.... Talk to you soon.
    Happy Friday

Leenie
  • Happy Saturday!

Not much new here - starting to LOVE my weekends... but lots of errands and more things to sell so I am off to get things done before I look at the clock and find I spent ALL day on the computer!!

Heather
  • ahhh i just want to crawl in a whole and hide....we just filed our taxes LAST night and today I get a letter the bank we were to put the funds into for some reason closed the account...no explaination nothing so there for they are not open until Tuesday.. I was counting on that money the day it was to be deposited cause we have a trip the next weekend and never have extra spending money so that woulda been nice

My 2 yr old called 911 this morning on the house phone. The police officer came pounding on the door shortly after. He was cute and young and nice so atleast it wasnt an old disgruntled officer...LOL...I bounced two thing in the bank....cant get my paper work to work out for my church fundraisers so I have no idea how much I am to have to turn in...

I know I know people in haiti are dealing with deaths, no water, and way worse than I am...I should be greatful i have money to worry about and a computer that is working....its just hard to be happy when I just feel sooo miserable like someone is stomping me down into the ground

I watched a movie and usually I just enjoy the romantic part but I realized in this movie these people were satisfied with their life even when there was heartbreaks and hard times they got thru but they enjoyed getting up and facing whatever was coming their way...So I wonder if I lose the weight does that help my mood, I eat better that help my mood and I enjoy getting up and starting a day?? I enjoy spending time with my children?? I am excited to see what the day brings...taking the children little places?? Theres got to be more than what my life is like now?? I want to learn to be happy starting a new day and not miserable wishing I didnt have to get up.....anyone else ever feel like that??

vermont-I agree you get thru this so well atleast you make it look like you get thru it so well...if only i could be more like you???
  • Hello Ladies

Up late tonight but I think I am going to bed finally after this post.
    I spent almost all day in bed. I watched movies, and slept on and off. I just didn't want to get out of bed at all... I finally got up at 6:30pm and got a few things done. I just felt really crappy.

I got on the scale yesterday morning and wasn't happy. I gained again.
    So I sat down today and typed up a food schedule and a exercise schedule.
    Tomorrow I am going to make all my meals for the week. Along with snacks... All in the right portion size and everything else.

I just wish I could figure out what was wrong.
  • Good Afternoon,

Been busy in the kitchen this morning and have mountains of laundry (((no complaints))). Now to get the boxes out to so I can put my Christmas Tree away I will miss it... but I'm looking forward to the space.

Have a great day Chickies... love you all !!

Leenie
  • mom - I am sorry you are struggling so much. Just know that you will pull out of it. You helped me pull out of mine, so I hope that I can help you pull out of your funk. Good luck and

Purefire - alot of us have said lately to fake it till you make it. I think that is a good attitude, because if you just pretend sometimes that will be enough to get us out of a funk. I hope that you can pull yourself out soon.

I had a bad day yesterday. I went to get my hair done (that was nice, color and cut) then I stopped by Lane Bryant to get some clothes. Everything that I put on looked horrible, I don't know if it was the styles I picked out or what, but I was not happy. I hate to clothes shop, and I really hate to do it when nothing looks good, so I walked out with nothing. That just put me in a funk for the rest of the day.

It all turned around though this morning I stepped on the scale and had lost 5 lbs for the week. YEAH!!!! I also decided to not count on the wii fit scale at all, as it said I had dropped 25 lbs in 2 day. Def know that I couldn't have done that.

I hope you all have a great week. Good luck everyone and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Trish
  • Hi ladies,

About an hour ago I could feel myself completely slipping into depression. I hadn't worked out in the past couple of days b/c I was working and then went out with df's biker friends. It's been a long time since I've gone out 2 nights in a row. Anyway, I've eaten a few crappy things and I went over my calories today. Even though I had worked out 3x this week, my mind began entertaining thoughts of 'here you go again, overeating and not working out, you are about to lose it and go completely off track'. Once that starts the other voices join in, 'why are you even bothering, you know it won't last, your wasting your time with school, you won't get accepted into a dental program, etc, etc...' (Insert any other negative thoughts you can come up with.) So I got home tonight after work and I told a friend I was talking to on the phone that I was going to workout and I would text her when I was done. I went upstairs and worked out on the ellipticle for 30min and now I feel completely different. Everything is looking up and I feel more positive. I even had thoughts of taking down my Xmas decorations on my day off when earlier I had thought how I would never be in the mood to take on that task. Aren't endorphins great? It's also kinda annoying. Nothing at all has changed in my life yet I feel completely different about it. It makes you feel like nothing is real. It really is all just perspective. Does that make sense?

Momof4, yeah, I do feel that way a lot. That was what I was trying to describe, slipping into that hopeless feeling and dreading every day. For now the exercise has helped. I find though that I have to workout really hard aerobically to make that happen. I have to kinda be exhausted afterward to change my mood.

Purefire, hope you feel better soon. I need to plan and prep my meals like you are. I would really help me out and I wouldn't have days like today.

Trish, 5 pounds down in a week is awesome. Great job. Try to keep focusing on that and not the shopping trip. For me, a bad shopping trip can really get me down. You are doing so well though that those bad experiences will soon be a thing of the past.

Leenie, glad to see you. Did you get the tree down?

Heather, how did the weekend go? Did you get your errands done or do anything for yourself?
  • Hello Ladies...

I guess the best time for me to post is at night. I have been borrowing my brothers laptop for school and I found a thing for sticky notes. I have them for just about everything. But one of My notes says Post on 3FC lol.

Trying to go to bed before midnight. I didn't fall asleep until after 5am lastnigh and got up around 2pm. I was so upset over it. I had so much I wanted to get done. I did do a good portion of my to do list though. My eating was ok but it could have been better. I didn't make up my meals for the week yet but I have tomorrow off from school since it is a holiday so I will make them tomorrow. I did however do my workouts today which were only small. I did 3 workouts... which were only 10 minutes on the Elliptical and 3 sets of 10 on the ab lounger. I have to work up to a longer amount of time on the Elliptical. Once I can do 30 minutes straight. I will start making it a workout a day.

I also set up a To do list for each day of the week in the laptop so I can work on keeping a schedule for myself and get the things done I need to do.

I am trying so Hopefully I can change a few things... here and there.

Mom ~ I have been living in the world... Just wanting to crawl into a whole and hide. I think that is/was part of my problem this weekend. I am trying to break out of it but it is hard when I really don't want to do anything. Hope things start to go better with you

Trish ~ I try and fake it everyday... But when I am home alone it is a different story. I just don't want to deal with anything. Trying to come up with ways to get through it... So I guess one day at a time for now....

Have a good evening Ladies....
  • Leenie- your ALWAYS busy...glad you enjoy your laundry...ughhh...actually if I could get it caught up and stay caught up I dont think it would be sooo depressing...I got some done sat. night but still have several loads to fold, wash and burn...jk

Pure-hope all the planning went well and you do well sticking to it...thats my down fall...i make plans but i just seem to not stick with them. Its awesome that you worked out!!! hopefully I will crawl outta of the whole right behind you!!! You can lead the way!!

Trish-awww im glad i could help...I totally avoid shopping because i know its going to be a disappointment when Im done so why bother going!! yeah def. wouldnt go by the wii scale then...lol but awesome on the 5 lbs!!

hope-why is it the excercise helps and I know it does but i dont even want to do it...but i want outta the misery...ughhh...

Seeing everyone excercising and losing weight is even more depressing...I am happy people are getting them selves moving but just makes me feel crappy..Like honestly excercise is the last thing on my list....I have sooooo many things like the boys school i have not really been doing it so I finally got the motivation to sit and plan out the days soooo I have that done!! Now doing it...lol!! I need to get my kids in a routine...atleast a stricter one!

I totally feel sad...like in church today I was in a pretty good mood this morning but I felt sad and down...hard to explain...I feel if people looked at me actually looked AT me they would see im struggling but I am the one to go make sure everyone else is doing ok...One of the church people told me she lost 25 lbs...i was like thats awesome cause she has a low self esteem and needs that...I dont know I dont know what I want...

Guess im gonna go watch a movie!!!
  • Morning Ladies

No real time to post yet. Have to stick to my to do list if I am going to make it to my appointment with my therapist by 9am.

Actually think I figure out a few more things. Will Post about them Later....

Mom ~ after reading your post this morning I came up with a few ideas that might help. Its some stuff I do... but I will post them later when I post...

Have to jump back on the elliptical now that I had my breakfast of what I think was 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. I took the easy way out this morning. My mom had left overs from yesterday mornings breakfast. I only took a small amount of eggs but when I put what I had for breakfast on fitday.. I put 2 eggs...

Have a good Monday Ladies... Post more in a bit

• the tree is down, and it feels so empty. But it feels more like spring is getting closer and closer, so thats a good thing in my mind.

Mom, exercise is extremely difficult for me too. Its actually depressing thinking about it as it seems to be more like another chore for me than anything else. I know its so good for me, and I know all the benefits.. I just feel like I have no time and again, its another chore. I've been trying to do at least 10 minutes a day, just hoping I get back into the swing of it. Maybe just running up and down your stairs for 5 minutes might be a start. Hey.. if ya feel spunky you can play the rocky music in the background LOL. hang in there!!

Trish congrats on the 5 lbs

Purefire, its good to see you again

Heather love, whats shakin? how did your weekend go?

Hope, I'm glad you got a burst of ambition... don't you wish you could feel like that 24/7. I sware thats how my DH is.... I'm jealous LOL.

I must get going, off to the store, then my dd's friends house, then my mom's house and get this... tonight, I have to bake cookies for work, we are having a big meeting and everyone was asked to bring something. GIVE ME STRENGTH LOL.

Have a great Monday everyone !!

Love yah !
  • I think my new found motivation for working out lately is a) I really am fat and I refuse to buy bigger clothes. If I get much bigger, I don't even know where I would buy clothes. then b) while I was pregnant I got gestational diabetes, you would think this was enough of a scare (it was really hard to be pregnant and diabetic), but what really kicked me in the butt, was there was a guy at church that ignored his diabetes he no longer has legs (he was going along just fine and then all of a sudden almost lost his life and did loose his legs) now if I start to waiver I just have to think of him. I do not have diabetes now, but I never want to get it and I never want to have to go through that. Then there is c) I am getting all kinds of new workout toys. I am not getting bored and have enough for it to be kind of fun now.

Speaking of new things, I just got the firm wave today and did a workout on it. It is a crazy good workout. I would highly recommend.

Mom- I hope you get feeling better soon and that you crawl out of what you need to, to get yourself feeling better.

Leenie-Congrats on getting the tree down.

Hope and Purefire I hope you are both doing better.

Well I will talk to you all soon.

Trish
  • Checking in, to say I'm doing pretty good today.

I'd not been able to work out for a couple of months, due to a sprained hip. Today was my first day back at it. And it's at a better facility than I'd been going to before! I'm not at able to exercise at the level I'd built myself up to before, but I think I did better than when I first started.

I just forgot to weigh, darn it. It was my first day at the facility, and I was just concentrating on finding my way around. ( I almost wrote "finding my weigh around"!)