Anyone else walking for weight loss?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Outdoors, on a treadmill or perhaps a mixture of both? (That's what I have to do up here in snow country.)

I've been managing to stay motivated by setting personal walking challenges but I'd like to chat with other winter walkers - whether your weather is snowy or not.
  • That's my primary exercise! Walking with my dogs outside and on an incline on my treadmill.
  • I hike on Sundays, but here in NC don't have to fight with snow. However had to skip 5 weeks in a row due to heavy rains or holiday events. It felt great to be back on trail last weekend. Will be only 30s this Sunday, but I've got the clothes for it and will be heading out.
  • It's nice to meet you both!
  • I walk 4 miles in the winter/crappy weather (which is a lot) with a walk away the pounds dvd.
  • i use walk away the pounds also..depending on the time i have i do between 2-4 miles..i also do jogging intervals during the tape
  • I love walking!

I live in Arizona, so winter is actually the ideal time to walk- it's waay too hot in the summer. It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today, and I'm hoping to take my pup out for a walk.

When it's too dark or hot to walk outside, I like to jog on my treadmill.
  • Good to meet more walkers!

It's snowing hard here today so I didn't dare walk on the road. I went out on my snowshoes for a while but I've only been out a few times so far this season, so I still get tired pretty fast. I'll hit the treadmill later.
  • Hello Everyone, I walk indoors on the treadmill 4 miles 6x per week.
  • thats brill you lot !!! im going to start walking because i hear its the best exercise you can do , im gona just plug in my earfones and walk like mad lol xx
  • 3 miles per day using leslie watp
  • I'm pretty new to any kind of exercise at all, but my primary form of exercise, at least in the beginning, will be walking. My office shares our building with a gym, so there's a group that walks indoors on the gym's basketball courts in nasty weather, and I am also fortunate enough to have a park with a walking trail less than a block from my house. I got a new pedometer this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to taking some extra steps every day and watching that number grow!
  • I walk 5-10km per day with my dog, every day. I am obviously not trying to lose weight anymore right now but I am happy to join challenges! I do weight training 3-4x per week in addition.
  • I just calculated how many calories I burn when I do my brisk walks for an hour. It definately is going to motivate me to do it about 5 times a week.

I'll burn about 900 calories each day that I do my walks. I'm really very shocked. And excited. LOL
  • Good morning! I'm enjoying reading your posts!

I got up early and hit the treadmill this morning. I go back to work tomorrow s I need to get back into the routine. lol