Featherweights Plan and Chat in January

You're on Page 8 of 13
Go to
  • Not much to report here......just wishing all my fellow featherweights a great weekend!
  • Ms Perception - that's so fantastic, well done

Ilene - your 150 is my 140 - 'cause you're superfit and I squelch! I'd take a higher number if I could magically be fit and toned. Course, at the moment I'm nearer 160 than even 150 let alone 140 so I don't know what I'm trying to say I think it's you look great at 150 and it's inches that count in the end anyway

Quote: At least most of the snow has gone now!! It's hard running on snow - I took to running on the roads most of the time as they were clearer than the pavements, but it's a bit scary with cars coming at you.
    The snow's gone - yay! I can't believe that the amount of snow we had in Brum could almost completely disappear overnight - I'm ecstatic. It'll be great to be able to go for a walk without taking your life into your own hands.

Quote: kellost - choosing an end goal is tricky - I tend to pick a dress size and decide I want to be comfortable in that size. For me it is a UK size 8 (US size 4). When I got to about 133-135, I was comfortable in that size. I did get down to 129 and they started to feel loose, which part of me was screaming "yay" and part of me knew I would never be able to sustain that weight. So if I can stay in a size 8 I shall be happy - I am back up to a size 10 at the moment -although somne of my stretchy 8s fit me, but not fitted things.

Only problem with that is you don't really know what that will be until you get there .
    I'm currently a UK 12/14 top v bottom. At 140 I'm a UK 10/12. What I really want to be is an old-fashioned proper size 10 before this vanity sizing cr*p came in. I think that's probably a UK 8 these days although who knows - I can be an 8-16 in the same shop sometimes! I've probably been a UK 8 a couple of times in my adult life but I've never stuck at it long enough to buy new clothes - I've just had my old ones hanging off me and then let myself "grow" back into them! I'm hoping that 130lb will see me at an 8 or at worst a 10 but as Robsia says, just won't know till I get there.

Er - thanks for the pictoral prompt. That was quite motivational actually!

Right. I'm off upstairs to remind his lordship that it's nearly midday and if we're going out I'd quite like to get on with it. No idea what I'm doing but this will be an on plan day. yesterday I ate all round me and had a little whoosh of 1.2 today. However, I have a horrible feeling that unless I get on with things immediately yesterday is going to come back to haunt me big style. Have a good weekend all
  • Just weighed in -- I'm down 1.6 pounds this week! I was expecting about a pound loss, so I'm thrilled!
  • Doughnut - yes I think the 'old' size 10 is the new size 8. In 1997 I got down to 10st 7 and I was barely in a size 12. I then put it back on again over a period of several years, but then this time round when I got down to 10st 7 the first time, I was in a 10!

I finally got my whoosh - down 1.4 overnight. A day later than I expected bt still very welcome so I'm now down to 143.

So assuming it doesn't go up tomorrow, I'm down 1.6 for the week, which I am happy with.
  • Hi honeys, I'm home!

I rolled in early Friday morning at 140 lbs. I should get back into routine today or tomorrow and am hoping for a post travel swoosh.
  • Welcome back Susan!

Sizing is so crazy and I'm trying not to get caught up in a number. It depends on so many things especially your body shape, apple, pear, hourglass, etc. Sometimes I am so surprised to see someone who weighs much more than me wear the same size as me. I am trying to really learn how to dress my body and shape. Also I like when clothes fit me well, as I get older the stuffed sausage look just isn't cutting it. Ah, to be a woman, it's exhausting.
  • Hi Susan home...

Skyra and Robsia on the whoosh ...

Doughnut, you seem really determined this time around, I have confidence that you will get down to a size 8... I am a size L on top because of my wide shoulders and a M on the bottom

Certainly no whoosh for me this morning after 2 martinis, 4 glasses of wine and a cheese fondu last night... Today it's water, water, water.... I may drag my butt to a run in an hour or so, around 2pm...
  • SO happy to report I hit 129.6 this morning which was a surprise after eating out both Friday and Saturday! I am in my goal decade!! WOO HOO!!!!
  • Quote: SO happy to report I hit 129.6 this morning which was a surprise after eating out both Friday and Saturday! I am in my goal decade!! WOO HOO!!!!
    Lucky you!!
  • Hmmm ... I want to be in the 120's So yesterday was on the elliptical and I did do some resistance and I did walk outside.
  • I can't remember the last time I was in the 120's, I think I was 12
  • gooooooooooood morrning
    So i got on the scale this morning...133.4. Its another one of those mornings where i get on several times, and then start to wonder if maybe my scale is broken. lol
    something ive learned about my weight is that when i hit a number for the first time, its much easier to go back to it. does that make sense? lol

and im with you guys about the 120's. 6th grade i was my current height, and weighed 120 pounds (dont you just love having to be weighed by the school nurse). but thats the last time i recall the scale showing a 2 in that spot.
  • [catching up after a while...]

Congrats on the weight loss, to a BUNCH of you!

Ms Perception - did you have your body fat tested? I haven't done my 6-month re-test yet, but will in the next couple of weeks.

Hey kellost - I wonder about setting a goal weight as well! I feel like it's a fine line between being motivating and discouraging. My goal has ranged from 139 to 122 (which is too low for me now, but I came up with it through a calculation for being "small framed" - and those numbers include 3 lbs of clothes!).

Right now, I have the goal to reach my target weight - which is currently 127 lbs - by NEXT New Years Eve, which is about half a pound per week. But if the last 6 months are any indication, 2 lb/month is NOT attainable for me.

At some point I want to consider myself a maintainer, so the question is: how long do I give it before deciding it's not a realistic goal to lose any more weight? Six months/a year? Or do I just forever consider myself "trying to lose 20 pounds"?

Ultimate goals aside, I have been cruising along in the new year, eating well and exercising regularly. Saw 147.2 on the scale - it keeps bumping up by a pound or so but not lower yet. So I'm STILL not to where I was before Thanksgiving! I HAVE to focus on things other than the number on the scale. I am thinking I need to pay more attention to WHAT I am eating rather than just counting calories... maybe I need to raise or lower the number of calories I consume ... be more precise with my exercise plan ... who knows...

<deep breath> OK, enough over-thinking. I'm off to cook some lentil veggie soup and go for a workout
  • Welcome home Susan, nice to see you

Well done to all the losers (that sounds wrong!) and especially well done to anyone seeing completely new numbers on the scale - I wish it were me

Quote: Doughnut, you seem really determined this time around, I have confidence that you will get down to a size 8...
    D'you know what, I think I might but it won't be for a long time. My main aim this year is to "let go" a bit. I've had an "all or nothing" attitude for far too long which has led to fairly wild yo-yoing. What I need to learn is that one really bad day doesn't necessarily need to lead to weeks of binge eating and 10lbs gained. I wish I'd learnt my lesson 30 lbs ago. Still, it's 8pm here and I haven't messed up yet so that's something
  • EmmaD-My scale has a BF reading which I use for now. I don't have the time or extra $$ for the testing elsewhere (bodpod or immersion). I will get it done, but we're in the midst of moving, so it's not the right time to bother with it. I use the scale BF reading as my main input right now.

Busy day, lots of fun we looked at a dog we may adopt, went to the mall, and pet store (in case we get the dog). Now I want to RELAX!