Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010

You're on Page 4 of 53
Go to
  • IP wannabe
    Hi. I first heard of this plan from my sister last week. My 2 sisters and I have an appointment on Tuesday. After spending much of today researching this plan and finding this awesome forum, I can say that I will be signing up! So, I hope to have great success as you all have had. I have tried a lot of other plans; hopefully this will be the last one....
  • If you don't take it when you have food in your stomach, Advil (and Aleve) will rip your stomach up, but if you take right after you eat you won't have any problems. Tylenol doesn't have that affect, but it's harder on your liver, so don't take that if you've been drinking.
  • Quote: Hello Everyone. I was so happy to find this group. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this quest for a slimmer me. I have to say that I am loving Ideal Protein. I had my first weigh-in, today, and I am already down 10 lbs. in only 13 days!! I'm so happy.
    Way to go! That is fabulous! Keep up the great work.
  • Quote: If you don't take it when you have food in your stomach, Advil (and Aleve) will rip your stomach up, but if you take right after you eat you won't have any problems. Tylenol doesn't have that affect, but it's harder on your liver, so don't take that if you've been drinking.
    Thanks, Elisha. Sorry about my dyslexia flare-up on your last name.
  • Well, end of first day and all seems to be good! Drank 96 oz of water and ate my sea salt!
    IP Food was heck of a lot better then I thought it would be. Bought some steamer bags to steam my broccoli for supper tonight and again, was very impressed! Will be trying more adventerous recipes as I go along, but for now am satisfied with how good all the veggies are tasting!
    Am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

Kris
  • Okay, so I am finally getting started tomorrow. I am so very excited. I have read the all the posts and have learned so much. I can't wait to tell you how my first day goes!!!

Heather
  • Good Luck Heather and Mystical Mama!! We'll be here, and many of us feel like we're starting all over after the Holiday week....so we're really all in this together.
  • Quote: Okay, so I am finally getting started tomorrow. I am so very excited. I have read the all the posts and have learned so much. I can't wait to tell you how my first day goes!!!

Heather
    I start on the 4th! I'm so excited and looking forward to feeling lighter. Good luck and stay focused on your goal!
  • Quote: Well, end of first day and all seems to be good! Drank 96 oz of water and ate my sea salt!
    IP Food was heck of a lot better then I thought it would be. Bought some steamer bags to steam my broccoli for supper tonight and again, was very impressed! Will be trying more adventerous recipes as I go along, but for now am satisfied with how good all the veggies are tasting!
    Am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

Kris
    I start monday and I'm glad to hear you say the food was good. Good luck!
  • Quote: I had good willpower today, lol.

My friends and I hung out for new years, they went to a pizza joint, got pizza, went to dennys and got pie, and had some good white mocha organic coffee.

I had...4 glasses of water, one of them had a lemon in it x.x I had to pull it out ASAP so i think I should be fine, and had 2 cups of decaf coffee with splenda =D
    I think I did pretty good, even with all the temptations around me.
    way to go Josh - you're making amazing progress. I wouldn't worry about the lemon in the water - lemon juice is on my allowed seasonings list. a friend of mine drinks lemon water with a little splenda as her "drink of choice" when out with friends. Hot or cold - it's delicious. she's lost over 40 lbs so it's working for her!
  • does anyone know where you can find a list of locations that sell IP products? a friend of mine in Saskatchewan is looking for somewhere to purchase product without having to drive 2 hours to where I am. Tried the weblink someone posted for Matol (which looks exactly the same) to try and just order online but they only send into the U.S.

Welcome to all those just new to Ideal Protein - great choice of how to start the New Year!
  • Quote: does anyone know where you can find a list of locations that sell IP products? a friend of mine in Saskatchewan is looking for somewhere to purchase product without having to drive 2 hours to where I am. Tried the weblink someone posted for Matol (which looks exactly the same) to try and just order online but they only send into the U.S.

Welcome to all those just new to Ideal Protein - great choice of how to start the New Year!
    That's weird since Matol originated in CA. I'll try to find an alternative.
  • Hi everyone.....just checking in. Read all the posts tonight. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that struggled with the holidays.

I also understand the whole"body image" thing. Of course, my family and friends hadn't seen me, and so yes, the compliments are plenty....but when they tell me I look so different, I say, "Really? I don't see it." And of course, I feel bloated and feel like I have gained 100#. Don't know whether to trust the scale here or not. It says a 4# gain...

So, my plan is to get back to Michigan by next weekend. I need to talk to my doctor...because (get this, Ottawa)....I have felt wonderful OFF IP. I am no longer constipated and have more energy (but my hands and feet are still freezing). What is up with that??? I want to finish what I started, but don't want to go thru what Ottawa is going thru (which is what happened to me when I first started IP).

I have a dr. appt here wth my doctor of 20+ years on Monday...sure want his input too.

But I was really impressed with the "small gains" everyone had. I got my box from Netrition here, and eat either an IP bar, or netrition bar for breakfast and before I go to bed (nurse said to make sure I had protein at those two times). I only hope my gain is small enough NOT to get depressed over.

I am having a nice time with family. My son got engaged yesterday which was exciting news for all of us. I have had a few "fibromalygia flareups" -- probably because we have been on the go every day.

Hope to restart IP somewhere around Jan.12 after I talk to my doctor.

Lilita....you will enjoy this.....Everyone asks me where did all the weight go? I tell them down the septic tank in Michigan!!

I have only been able to get online twice.....I came in late on New Years Eve to post the new thread but was relieved to see that Leenie had posted it....and I got a few hours today to catch up on all the posts.

Welcome to all the newbies!! You will have success!!!
  • Newbies...welcome. This is a great site to keep you motiviated to lose on IP! Most of your questions can be answered by going through older posts, including the weight loss tickers.

Ottawa...np on offering to send something. We all have to stick together. The offer still stands if you can't find anything.

Torchlaker...Missed ya girl! I'm happy to hear that you are feeling good. And yes, hopefully you didn't gain a whole bunch back, it seems as if no one did although we all went off for the holidays. I'm sure you will be the same. And congrats on your son's engagement.

For those of you who aren't near anyone and need to order IP. www.matol.com & http://store.aimtobehealthy.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3
    I don't know if they ship to Canada so you may want to check before ordering. And don't forget to refer to the FAQs and Phases pages for info on what is restricted and what isn't. Another good site for "alternative" foods once you are on the diet for a while is www.netrition.com.
  • Questions
    I have been reading all of the threads in this forum and the original one. I have not seen anything mentioned of plateaus. Has this not been a problem? Also, there has been little mention of the cost of this program. Is there a contract? Is there a sign up fee? How much does the food cost? I have done a lot of other diets out there and have paid the price. My biggest problem has been not getting to the maintenance phase due to various reasons. How many people have succeeded and kept the weight off? I am hoping this will be my last diet. Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I have as much info before I go to the clinic. Thanks a bunch.