Waist NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My waist has always been the recipient of most of my frustration as it's so wide and will never be narrow no matter how little I weigh. But imagine my surprise to see that I've lost 13" off my waist!! More than a foot! I have a waist measurement in the 30's! 39" is still spare tire material, but to go from 52" to 39" is miraculous for me. Since the "rule" is to have a waist no more than half your height, I've only got 3 more inches to go before I'll have a "healthy" waist measurement for my 6 foot height!

I think that calls for some dancing broccoli!
  • Really?? I never heard that! Wow, my height is 68" (5'8) and my waist is 33.5"--and I still have PLENTY of flab. Cool!!!!

Congrats!!!
  • Oh my gosh that is awesome and you totally rock the joint! Congrats!!
  • That's awesome! And I totally feel you about the waist thing. Whenever I buy pants they're always too tight in the waist and too loose in the hips no matter what size I am! Congrats again!!
  • wow wow wow!!!!!!!

It's SO NICE to get below a 40 inch waist isn't it!!!!
  • You asked for it...you get it...dancing

And how about a dancing carrot for good measure!

WTG! Keep on keeping on...
  • Quote: Really?? I never heard that! Wow, my height is 68" (5'8) and my waist is 33.5"--and I still have PLENTY of flab. Cool!!!
    Yep! You're doing great! Here's a little article on it: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/13/health/13waist.html

Quote: That's awesome! And I totally feel you about the waist thing. Whenever I buy pants they're always too tight in the waist and too loose in the hips no matter what size I am!
    Me too! In most pants, I could store several 10 pound sacks of flour in the excess fabric around the hips and rear while the waistband is cutting into my middle. Crazy!

Thanks everyone!
  • Amazing!! Congrats
  • Well that totally makes sense. My BMI according to the online calculator is 31.8, "obese," but honestly there's no way I'm obese. Sure, I'm overweight, but I can definitely pass for "average." When I tell people I'd like to lose 50 more pounds they look at me like I've grown an extra head, LOL.
  • CLCSC... that is just awesome! I'm REALLY impressed with the 13" loss.

I've only gone done just barely 4" in the waist....

Once you are in the 30s you are really normal in terms of clothing and stuff.

Good for you!

.... just read that article, and that means I've got another 6" to lose off my waist... kind of depressing since I've only lost 4" so far... but I guess I have to lose there eventually!!!
  • Congrats CC on yet another amazing and fun accomplishment!!
  • Quote: .... just read that article, and that means I've got another 6" to lose off my waist... kind of depressing since I've only lost 4" so far... but I guess I have to lose there eventually!!!
    It's all about perseverance! Stubborn wins in this game...

My waist changes went in spurts with long stretches of nothing. At one point I lost over 30 pounds and only lost an inch from my waist. I think that's why I was surprised to see it go down lately - less than 20 pounds and I lost 2 inches. No sense trying to understand it!
  • Congratulations! Getting below 40 in the waist was an incredible milestone for me, so I know how you feel. And don't be too surprised, because the closer you get to goal, the more noticeable the changes are. Seriously, the last time there were any pictures taken of me was when my mother was visiting in August. I looked pretty good, and didn't cringe every time somebody pulled a camera out. I've lost just over 20 pounds since, and the other night, the spouse was fiddling with his camera and took a couple of pictures of me, and HOLY COW. The difference this last 20-ish pounds made was unreal. That was very much not the case in the 20 pounds previous to that, and so on.
  • Quote: fiddling with his camera and took a couple of pictures of me, and HOLY COW. The difference this last 20-ish pounds made was unreal. That was very much not the case in the 20 pounds previous to that, and so on.
    Oh absolutely. Any weight loss from here on in makes a MUCH bigger difference now than in the beginning. That some one pound is coming off a smaller you and therefore the percentages are bigger. And that will continue to be the case as you get closer and closer to goal. Each pound REALLY shows!!!

It's so exciting and so much fun - discovering who we were meant to be.
  • The best kind of NSV! Go you! That's awesome.