I need advice! Please read my blog.

• Ok ladies I need some career advice (sort of fitness related too). I wrote a LONG blog post last night and I really need some feedback. If you have a few minutes would you please take a look and let me know what you think??
    I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/tiffany0809/
  • Just remember that I only know about you what you wrote...

I think that if you're that passionate about it, you should do it. It's good that you have a back-up plan also. Not to mention money in the bank to fall back on.
    As a point of perspective, I wouldn't do it. I think it's super risky considering you don't have any experience of personal training and you'll barely be getting your cerification. I know all around, the market is pretty bad and getting a new job won't be an easy feat, let alone one that you're new to. I would think that a gym (especially a new one) would prefer to hire someone with experience... but you never know, you could WOW them on your interview should you get one.
    In short, I would suggest you look at changing jobs (to something similar to what you're currently doing) while keeping the one you have... Then, when you get a new one, do personal training part time.

(This is just my opinion of course.)
  • Well, wow. I have considered turning in the "office manager/do everything for everyone" hat...and I too have goals of becomming a life coach/personal trainer/nutrition coach (after training/etc). I think this move takes a lot of guts.
    My suggestion to anyone before making a move like this?
    Have at least 9 months (preferrably 12 months) of "back up" money saved (enough to pay your rent/utilities and car note/bus fare) so that you can focus on getting your education to start this new career/lifestyle.