First on the agenda? Boobs.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • GAWD I HATE THEM!!!! When you go from a 48 FF to a 38 DD there is a LOT LOT LOT of excess skin. And while they look nice in a bra, COVERED UP with a turtle neck... I LOVE v-necks. And when I wear them you can see my wrinkly stretchmarked boobs and I HATE IT.

So... I am going to talk to my doctor after the holidays and get plans made for my FIRST of skin reconstruction surgeries. These puppies need to be plumped, lifted and pointing at the sky
  • Okay, so as someone with perenially saggy boobs no matter what my weight, this is one of the things I'm dreading as I work the way down to my goal. Seriously, if gravity has done what it's done at this weight, I can't imagine the length my boobs are going to be when I finally get down to where I want to be. It sort of freaks me out.

CF, yay for you making that decision. As someone who is, for the most part, anti surgery, I would run-not-walk to a plastic surgeon to fix my boobs when it's all over if it were financially feasible. Go you and your soon to be exquisite breasts.

(Typing this post made me laugh like a 14 year old boy. Boobies!)
  • Quote: Okay, so as someone with perenially saggy boobs no matter what my weight, this is one of the things I'm dreading as I work the way down to my goal. Seriously, if gravity has done what it's done at this weight, I can't imagine the length my boobs are going to be when I finally get down to where I want to be. It sort of freaks me out.
    ^ I feel the same way.

CF- let us know how it goes!
  • With a weight loss schedule of about 120 pounds I am sure I'll find myself there too...
  • gloo, you crack me up!!!

I'm with you on this one, cfmama. I am wanting to do something too, when I get down to a better weight. Keep us posted!!
  • I feel so incredibly fortunate--I haven't lost any cup size, I started out a DD and still am. A lift wouldn't hurt but I don't desperately need one. They're about the same as they would be if I'd had children...so I'm leaving well-enough alone. You go girl, do whatever you need to to enjoy your new life!!!!!!!
  • 3 children. 7 pregnancies. Breastfed for 11 years cumulatively including tandem nursing two kids for two years, three kids (yes three) for 6 months!

My boobs... are ... done. lol!!!!
  • There used to be an old skit on Saturday Night Live with Steve Martin. He was dressed as a woman and I'm pretty sure his boobs were made of long balloons half-filled with water. That's what my boobs look like, and they're getting worse as I lose weight. I'll be having those fixed when I'm done!
  • Now I didn't have FF's, but my boobs were merely a sack of skin for the first couple of years after I lost weight. I still have my saggy stomach, but my boobs are BACK, baby!

How that happened I don't know, but they are the only area that showed that much improvement over time.
  • This is definitly something that I'm concerned about--I guess I'll ahve to wait and see what happens. I'll have to wait a long time anyway, regardless of when I'm done with the weight loss, it'll be years before I could afford any surgery, if necessary, and I bet this wouldn't be covered by insurance!
  • Sigh. I'm going to need some work myself. Too many times up and down the scale and fat for too long for my birthday suit to bounce back. First on my agenda is my belly, but boobs are up there (or down there, as the case may be).
  • So before I started losing weight again my husband and I agreed that IF i lose this weight and IF i come back down to under 165 after my future pregnancies then once we feel like we're "done" making babies, he'll pay for a tummy tuck, breast lift (no implants, just less skin please), and the skin under my arms to be removed.
  • I'm a bit concerned about saggy skin and all. I guess we'll see what happens... I do have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm also fairly young so who knows, maybe my skin with "stretch back" or whatever. If I'm really really saggy ANYWHERE then I think I might have to do that at goal. I can definitely understand why someone would want to do it. It's different when you are trying what you look like, like if you normally had small boobs and then got implants, then if you are just removing excess skin from a weight loss. Two totally different things... but then again, I'm not condemning anyone who gets cosmetic surgery whatever their reasons are.
  • I had a mastopexy done when I was 23, and it was the BEST thing I ever did for myself, bar NOTHING. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.
  • I thought you were supposed to wait til you were at goal??? what if you get 'em hoisted, but 50lbs. later there's more damage??? you don't wanna do it more than once??