A dollar pound

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think each time I reach a loss of 20 lbs I'll put $20 away to spend on a special hair cut and maybe some highlights. I've never done that before. I think a nice little make-over would be a nice gift to myself when I reach my goal.
  • Eliana...thats a great idea!
  • When I hit 50 I went to a day spa for the first time. Never had done anything like it and it was terrific.
  • I was tossing the idea around of doing $10 for 10 lbs, but I know me. The ATM spits out $20's, not $10's. LOL! 20's are easier to come by, and it's the same thing. Plus, only 3 lbs to go to add my first $20 bill! I should buy a pretty wallet or small coin purse to keep it in. Hmm...
  • I like this idea! When I reach goal, I want to be a NICE wardrobe of clothing that I really like, not just because it fits But if I only do a dollar a pound, I could only buy maybe a nice pair of slacks, a shirt and maybe a pair of shoes. Maybe I'll save a bit more than that.
  • When I started I figured out how much I was spending on junk and set that money aside. I was going to give myself a piece of jewelry when I hit goal.

Instead, since I have been taking pictures to track my weight loss, I have been noticing how bad my teeth look. I have gotten very self conscious about how yellow they are. I don't even like to smile. So I took my reward money (put a little with it) and am having my teeth whiten. I started last week and they already look better.

Now I can smile with my teeth showing!
  • Quote: I like this idea! When I reach goal, I want to be a NICE wardrobe of clothing that I really like, not just because it fits But if I only do a dollar a pound, I could only buy maybe a nice pair of slacks, a shirt and maybe a pair of shoes. Maybe I'll save a bit more than that.
    I have a clothing budget set up, just recently actually. I'm planning to spend as little on clothes as possible until I reach my goal weight. I can get by with a pair of black pants, khakis and jeans from the thrift store! And that way all my budgeted money will be there waiting for me when I reach goal! I love this idea! I threw away all my "skinny" clothes just last year figuring if I ever did reach goal, I deserved to wear something I didn't wear 20 years ago!

Quote: When I started I figured out how much I was spending on junk and set that money aside. I was going to give myself a piece of jewelry when I hit goal.

Instead, since I have been taking pictures to track my weight loss, I have been noticing how bad my teeth look. I have gotten very self conscious about how yellow they are. I don't even like to smile. So I took my reward money (put a little with it) and am having my teeth whiten. I started last week and they already look better.

Now I can smile with my teeth showing!
    What a nice idea! Congratulations! I bet not many people think of that.

I think it's important to treat ourselves. I've spent years not treating myself to anything and really let myself go. It was kind of like having a kitchen table you hated. Why would I want to surround it with nice chairs or a pretty center piece? I haven't felt like this body deserved nice clothes, nice hair, make-up or jewelry.
  • Excellent idea!
  • aw what a good idea! i bet that'll keep you motivated!
  • I am doing this! I will be spending the money on surgery though. My boobs are not shrinking and with losing weight my back is starting to hurt now because I am not even. SO I will be getting a breast reduction unless *hopefully* they start to shrink.
  • I think it is a great idea, and fantastic incentive! A dollar a pound is a reasonable goal, and it would be great to splurge on something you ordinarily wouldn't buy yourself. Let's see...By the time I reach my goal, I will have lost 111 pounds, so for $111 maybe I will buy myself a nice pair of shoes, or a watch.
  • Quote: I am doing this! I will be spending the money on surgery though. My boobs are not shrinking and with losing weight my back is starting to hurt now because I am not even. SO I will be getting a breast reduction unless *hopefully* they start to shrink.
    Hmm...yes, I'd have to think about that too. Right now I'm fairly proportioned, and I seem to lose in the breasts and the fingers too. I've always found that amusing. At my highest weight my fingers are size 5!! They used to be a size 4. I can afford a little fat in my fingers, but no, they always shrink before the thighs and the hips. But if my breasts don't continue to shrink, I would consider a reduction too. I want to be LESS noticeable when I am at my goal weight, no more noticeable! LOL!

And yes, I'll brag a bit about my fingers and feet. LOL! I've always said these skinny fingers and my narrow feet were meant for a different body! But nobody says, "Wow, look at the fingers on that one!" LOL!
  • That is an awesome idea I personally buy dogs (lol!!!!) Bella when I got to 100 lbs lost and Torrin when I got to 150 lbs lost and I get a NEW PUPPY when I get to 200 lbs lost (or close to!)
  • Quote: That is an awesome idea I personally buy dogs (lol!!!!) Bella when I got to 100 lbs lost and Torrin when I got to 150 lbs lost and I get a NEW PUPPY when I get to 200 lbs lost (or close to!)
    LOL! I LOVE it!
  • I tend to buy fitness equipment/activities. But I don't really have a set goal of things but more like "when I get to this weight, I'll start this activity". I want to do rock climbing but want to lose 30 lbs first.