Real Age (health wise) and cronilogical age...Yikes.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I took the test at the Real Age website. It took about ten minutes. My real age is 57 - my health age is 65.2. This is very telling to me. Will it be a kick in the pants - I hope so.

www.realage.com

Here's the website if you want to check your Real Age.
  • When I took this test at my highest weight, I was 6 to 7 years older than my chronological age.

Today I am 11 years younger! My cholesterol, HDL, blood pressure, and blood sugar, all have improved.

Jay
  • i just did it and im 45 with a real age of 56.6.. that sucks lol... was worried it was going to be in the 70's tho so its all good i'll get it down
  • Thanks for sharing, I will look into my "real" age
  • my real age is 5 years younger than i am! Awesome!
  • I'm 26 and apparently my real age is 22 ... but I know that I can improve my health, especially lose some weight ...
  • My real age is 29.8 and my health age is 27.6.

Did they seriously say I was older because I exercise too hard?
  • I took this about a year ago and my calendar age was my real age. Now my calendar age is 54 and my real age is 47.8. Many factors we can not control. I have good genes. Both my parents are alive and have not had the major illnesses that the quiz asks about. I was able to lower my real age with the good habits that I have developed.

I don't know how much I believe this real age thing but it is interesting to look at and can give some good suggestions to improve your health.
  • My "real age" is 24- I'm 26 so I guess that's good right?

I think some of the questions are vague- like how many prescriptions do you take- does birth control count as one? I put two because of that- but I mean does that count against me? And what does religion have to do with health? Am I going to be scored lower because I don't go to Church?

I don't know... interesting thing but unless it's marking me over 10 years older I wouldn't take it too seriously.
  • Quote:
    I think some of the questions are vague- like how many prescriptions do you take- does birth control count as one? I put two because of that- but I mean does that count against me? And what does religion have to do with health? Am I going to be scored lower because I don't go to Church?
    I think yup and yup - birth control does increase risk of cardiovascular complications (while reducing the risks associated with pregnancy, childbirth and abortion), and social support does improve health (obviously church is not the only way, just the way they have data on). But obviously, we are complex, and they can't score everything. And you can bet the scale has not been validated. It's just a tool to provide encouragement and ideas for change.

For example, I'm vegetarian, so I don't eat fish, but there's no where to say I take omega 3 supplements instead. So I just ticked that I do eat fish.
  • It told me I was older because I exercise too much/too hard too. Lame!
  • I am 22 in real life but the test told me my real age is 30... that's just kind of scary to think about... I'm just so young....
  • My "real age" is 32.8... my AGE is 33.6. Works for me!
  • The real age website came up with 36.9
    I am 43.6 years old so it looks like I'm on the right track.

I am running 6.7 years younger...it did ding me for my weight LOL
  • My chronological age is 31.7. My "real" age according to the test is 33.4. That's not so bad considering I know I still have a lot of improving to do. I was a bit ticked that I get aged for exercising too much. I also tested and gave it my info from about a year ago and it said 42.3, so I have made some serious improvement. I am going to try to remember to test again in a few more months and see if I have improved even more.