Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2

Default How is everyone doing it?

Hi All,
I was just wondering how everyone is losing the weight? yes, yes diet and exercise, but what is your diet and what is your exercise regime? I am always interested in what works for other people. Hope everyone is doing well, good luck with your weight loss!
segras04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #2  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi segras,

I do Chalean Extreme for my exercise (it's a set of workout videos, mostly focused on lifting weights). As for diet, nothing fancy -- I just try to eat a lot of veggies/fruits, whole grains, etc. and keep to 1500 calories a day. I usually eat around 1700, but with the exercise I think it balances out to around 1500 net calories a day.

I am honestly losing weight slowly -- 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so. I wish I were losing faster. Honestly, though, part of the reason I'm losing slowly is I struggle with binge eating, especially on the weekends. Some weeks I have like 4 "on" days and 3 "off" days ... which obviously doesn't work well for weight loss. I'm working on it though.

I'm just about your weight & height so hopefully this gives you some sort of reference point.

Last edited by Skyra; 12-07-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I count calories but I basically eat the same things everyday exclusind dinner... dinner is the bulk of my calories because I eat with my family

I also do at least an hour of cardio a day on the eliptical and I get pretty sweaty.... its what I have been doing and has worked really well for me

and I dont eat junk
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #4  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

I exercise 3days of weightlifting and 5-6days of cardio. I also stick to around 1400 calories, burning 300-500. I know it sounds low, but I naturally burn calories slowly.

Here is a random food for thought: I lived in Africa, didn't workout but walked a lot. I ate 1/2 full size plate of rice, 1/4 meat, 1/8 veg for dinner and snacked throughout the whole day on whatever I wanted for the whole two years and I never gained a pound! Africa I think is just good to me.
Air81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #5  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Calorie counting. When I was losing 2lb/wk, 1200-1700. Now, 1500-2000, usually on the high end.

At least 4 days/wk of cardio (45-90mins, spinning, running, elliptical, biking, hiking, swimming, etc) and 2-3 weight lifting sessions a week.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

My diet and exercise plan are way old-fashioned and classic.

Diet - I count calories. I try to get the bulk of my calories from things like whole grains, fresh produce, nuts, beans and legumes...and I attempt to stay away from processed junk. I also watch my sugar intake, drink nothing but water and V8 (for breakfast), and I try to eat lots of natural fiber to feel fuller. I'm also a vegetarian.

Exercise - I get some sort of cardio in 7 days a week...be it running, elliptical, or spinning. On top of that, I add strength training 3-4 times a week. I'm about to start adding Pilates twice a week in place of 2 strength days.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #7  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Well, I workout 13 times a week. lol. Not by choice but I'm on a college's rowing team. I eat around 25OO calories a day and I've been losing slowly, but losing. On that routine.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Im a calorie counter, started off between 1200 and 1500 and now I aim for around the lower end of that. I try to eat whole food-y things, like whole grains, least processed food. And I try to work out 5 times a week, with weight lifting and cardio
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've been counting calories. I try to get most of my calories from lean protein and veggies. I eat healthy carbs (whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, etc.), but usually only for one meal.

For exercise, I do the Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home 5 Day Slim Down" video every morning (1 mile each day, for 5 days). I also do Jillian Michaels "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" video or her "No More Trouble Zones" video 4 days a week for my afternoon workout. On the day I don't do my Jillian Michaels workout in the afternoon, I do the entire "5 Day Slim Down" video. So basically I do 2 workouts, 5 days a week--the 1st one is only about 20 minutes long, and my 2nd one is more intense and is about 45 minutes long (5 Day Slim Down is 82 minutes on the day I do the whole video).
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #10  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I read "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

I just started this lifestly change a few weeks ago and it worked well for me. (Until Thanksgiving hit and ruined it for the time being.)

Anyway, it goes into how your food should have more nutrients per calorie. It goes by the simple idea that Health = nutrition over calories. Or H=N/C
The 6 week detox plan is made for people who need to lose weight fast for surgeries or to get off medication. Because everyone is different, and because people can tweak the diet to fit them, people can lose between 5-20 pounds a month. I lost 8 the first two weeks.

It's simple.
fruit
HUGE salads (as in salads so big I can't eat it all...as in "This HAS to be a whole head of lettuce in my lunch box" big)
For protein you eat beans, soy, tofu..ect... No meat. You can get the same protein with veggies as you can with meat, without the fat and cholesterol and calories. (Hence the huge salads.)
For fat you eat avocados, nuts..ect.
No fruit juice
no oil
no eggs or dairy. (Egg white and fat free milk is fine. half a cup a day.)
No white rice, white potato or white bread. (personally I stay away from bread, as it's very hard and expensive to get the whole grain bread)
No pasta
No table salt or sugar.

It seems hard, I mean a person can only gnaw on so many carrots. but again, it's only for 6 weeks. You can make it longer if you like, like the fat smash diet. You can allow yourself 3oz of meat a day or 12oz a week. There are all kinds of veggies out there that you can put in the salads. I put at least 4-5 different greens alone..Iceberg, romaine, spinach, baby greens...all kinds of green leafy things. Carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes. I like to top my salad with homemade salsa w/ corn and black beans. You don't count calories, but you have to make sure you're eating enough. The goal is a one pound salad two times a day. and at least three pieces of fruit. (not servings.)

As for exercise. frankly.. I don't Work out as much as I should. I have a uber active job that drains me every day. on the weekends though I go on hikes and play on the wii fit plus for a hour or so. Sometimes I'll pop in a aerobics or strength training DVD. I'm sure as soon as I get a good routine going things will go faster and easier.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

As for my diet, I try to stay at or below 1700 calories. I am still working on trying to eat the right foods.
For exercise, I just started running using the C25k plan. I always despised running, but I am starting to look forward to my runs. I usually run about 3-4 nights a week.
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #12  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Lots of starts and stops honestly. I overall eat a south beach diet lifestyle, lean meats, whole grains, beans, veggies, and some fruits.

Working out has been hard for me due to my medical condition- but recently I've been put on the medication I need (no not diet pills- medication for my condition) and I've felt better and have been more active since then.

I just think of it as one day at a time and doing the best I can.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

WW points, the "Winning Points" system for diet. I "borrowed" the system from my mother, so I don't go to meetings.

As for exercise, i'm still working on consistency. But I love the Leslie Sansom "Walk At Home" dvd system. I also try to walk as much as I can. Plus, I try and make my day more active. So I'll go wander around the mall for an hour instead of watching tv.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I was doing Weight Watchers and just switched to calorie counting. I try to stay between 1300 and 1500 calories per day, on the higher end if I work out, on the lower end if I don't. I'm doing the C25K program and training for a 60 mile hike in May, so I'm doing a lot of cardio. I also do light strength training on the Wii Fit using my own body weight. I'm also trying to be more active - on the weekends instead of sitting around in my apartment, I'll go to the mall so I'm at least up and walking.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote