Dec 7-Dec 13, 2009 Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi Nancy-I've tried several different diets as well including WW, low carbing, etc but I kept coming back to this. This really is good eating for a lifetime. I've been back on track for almost 3 months and I haven't felt deprived at all. I even have dessert (fruit based, of course) once in a while. I don't have a significant other to speak of (my ex-boyfriend and I still talk and perhaps see each other occasionally but that's another conversation) so I don't have to worry about cooking for someone else much. Maybe you and hubby can work on finding some things you both like. Hope he is supportive of your weight loss goals. Check out the recipe section above, you may find some things that look good there too.
  • Here's my yesterday's.It was never going to be that good as I was at the wedding but I think all things considered (there was food going around on trays all night and free flowing wine) I did well. I'm not overly hungover today and I don't have a case of the guilts. I was hungry before I got there because it was late evening and I hadnt eaten since early so we stopped beforehand and shared a small bread and cheese platter. I wasn't gona go there and drink on an empty stomach.

B: Bowl oatmeal with raisins and honey
    L: Plate stir fried vegetables
    D: 3 small slices of french baguette with some maltese goats cheese
    Wedding: 5 glasses of rose, 2 glasses gin with sparkling water

Exercise - 40 mins walking
  • Here's my menu from yesterday

B: Smoothie with Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, whey protein, and sugar free davinci, sugar free latte
    L: steak and blue cheese salad, 1/2 a pita with hummus
    D: fried chicken (I made this, took the skin off, whole wheat flour, etc.), golden vegetable gratin (this is out of the sonoma cookbook and is very good), 2 glasses of champagne, strawberries with mascarpone cheese.
  • Hey, seems to be just you and me Mary. Hope you had a nice weekend. I must look up that menu for the vegetable gratin, that sounds interesting and nice.

Night shift tonight, here's my food in no particular order -

Bowl of allbran with skimmed milk and honey
    Big lunchbox cooked spiced vegetables
    Bowl of allbran with skimmed milk and honey
  • Here's my menu from yesterday:

B: greek yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, homemade granola, sugar free latte
    L: steak and blue cheese salad
    D: pan fried chicken, golden vegetable gratin, cherry and lemon ricotta gratin. Seem to be in a gratin phase at the moment., glass of chenin blanc. loved this wine.

The dessert was good but too much work to make on any regular basis.