Volumetrics Principles

• I have not been on the board for a while and was shocked to find Meowee (who founded the Volumetrics forum here) passed away from cancer.

Anyway, I am going back to the principles of Volumetrics (low energy density), but I am not following any true diet plan. I am just sticking to low density foods. I learned about the book The Diet Denominator, which focuses on choosing low energy density foods, and I will be following those principles.

For now, I'm just focusing on learning my hunger/satiety signals. After years of dieting, I'm afraid I've lost touch with when I'm really hungry or full.

Anyone else around here still use volumetrics principles? I know Jenny Craig has trademarked the name and uses one of the features (like large amounts of vegetables), but I'm not one for those kind of diets.
  • I did try Volumetrics based on the book by Dr. Rolls...it is really good. I just found that I like chocolate etc and got tired of salads. But I think it is a great book.
    It is also the same concept in the The Pritikin Principle and the newer book The Skinny.