30 Somethings December Chat

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Close2 - I''m sorry you are draggin! The hardest time for me to stay motivated is when I'm tired. It just feels better to EAT SOMETHING YUMMY !!

Bigknitter - I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Still. Again. Yuck.

Well we are on day #3 of being snowed in. The schools are still closed and my other clients car is stuck in her parents neighborhood. Our arterial streets are plowed, but the side streets are still a foot deep. We live at the end of a T intersection and there was someone stuck there about every hour yesterday.

I think I will clean out the fridge today. I've been on a fresh veggie strike (using frozen for convenience) and there are some "ripe" leftovers in there. I hardly know what to do with myself with just my kids here!

Maybe I can get my workout in over naps today. Doing it at 8pm is making it hard to fall asleep at night.
  • What a crappy morning!

Lots of kiddos puking here. Must be a stomach bug. I am hoping everyone gets better over the weekend. We have a short week of school next week and then it's Christmas break. Seems like every year the kids at school have a stomach virus before Christmas break.

My weight is up 9 lbs! Holy Cow.. how in the heck is that possible? Steriods, antibiotics plus this sinus infection. I am hoping it's water retention.

I am busy, busy, busy this weekend. Tonight is the school nurse's Christmas party. I am taking my sister shopping before the party. Tomorrow we are meeting at my mom's to make Christmas candy, tomorrow night going to the movies and shopping for a needy child. Sunday is church then groceries. Then Monday it's back to work and start all over again!

Ya'll have a great day and stay away from those steriods.
  • Well I don't know what the heck was up with the last two days! I had a 24 hour stomach bug I guess, but I feel like I'm over it now, thank goodness. I had some good news from the scale today, I'm at 149.6 - back under 150!! I hope to never see 150 on the scale again It is great news that makes me feel motivated to keep doing great.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • Squeak, your weekend sounds busy like mine! I'm not looking forward to the two (count em) Christmas parties I will attend. My saving grace will be the white wine and tomato/cucumber/balsamic/feta salad I'll bring. I'll just eat lots of it and pretend not to see everything else ;-) I hope this plan works! Squeak, a friend of mine takes steriods periodically and always retains a ton of water, but it goes away when she finishes her course of pills. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

And yay Knitter! If I ever see 149 on a scale I'm standing on I'll probably bust. What a glorious number!!!

Things I'd like to accomplish this weekend:
    1. Rid Cora of her diaper rash (our doctor prescribed a cream that cost $140 at the pharmacy, AFTER insurance)
    2. Maintain my 1500 calorie restriction (I CAN do it!) in spite of the Christmas goodies
    3. HAVE FUN!
  • I am having a great day. I got lots of yarny stuff done this morning, I'm feeling good about staying on my food plan, and I just got back from a fantastic karate class! Not to mention everyone in my house seems well, as in not sick!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

ETA I better knock on wood! lol
  • I'm with Holls - when I see 149 on the scale, I'm going to hug everyone in a 1 block radius! It's all relative. There are probably some over in the 300's group that envy those in Onederland.

bigknitter - glad to hear you are feeling better physically and emotionally. Hang in there, girl! Women are so complex that we don't even understand ourselves!

Well, I'm having a HUNGRY day. I hope I get to workout tonight because it's going to be tough to stick to my calorie budget today. I passed up hot dogs and chips at a church function today and when we got home after feeding the baby and trying to get naps in, I ended up with a protein bar and an apple for lunch. I've just been starving ever since.

A yogurt, a blueberry bagel, then 2 mini candy bars (that party at church gave the kids each a whole bag of candy!!) I'm just chugging water and holding on. I can feel a major binge coming if I don't watch it. DH gets home at 7:30 and I'm going to definitely workout tonight - normally I don't on the weekends, but I gotta.

I've been doing SO good - AAACK!!
  • Hi Ladies!

Today was weigh in day and I lost 2.8lbs!!! I am so happy cause I wasn't expecting more than a pound cause last week I lost big, 3.4lbs! SO that's 6.2lbs in two weeks!!! YAY!

I had a brief lapse in sanity and went to the mall and Wal-mart to finish Xmas shopping. WHAT was I thinking!!!! I should've waited for a weekday evening.

Oh well. I did buy two cd's though. Shakira's new cd She Wolf and Lady Gaga-The Fame Monster. Both are sounding like great workout tunes.
  • Jenn is my hero! Big loss and finished shopping today. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, girl!!
  • Jenn ~ Congrats on the big loss!! I also went to WalMart yesterday and finished up my shopping. I got there early enough that it wasn't bad when I arrived, but horrible when I left. Busy & FULL of grumpy people. Why do people always seem grumpier this time of year?!

I did ok so far this weekend. Not the best tho as DH brought Chinese home for dinner on Friday night. Given our competition I *should* have said no, but it was very yummy. Today is an 'off' day where I don't dwell on my diet. Eat sensibly but no counting points/calories on Sundays. I need one day a week where it isn't an obsession.
  • I managed to start my Christmas shopping yesterday, Walmart and Target were packed with crazy, pushy people.

I have to admit that I have not been on the treadmill in two days ( I will get on today!) and I had two glasses of wine last night. I guess I am not used to drinking wine anymore because right after I drank them I took an hour long nap

So I need to get back on track, my goal is to see 149 on the scale before Christmas and I have been fluctuating between 151 and 152.5 for the past couple of weeks or so.
  • Hello All,

I'm fairly new here. I posted once or twice in early November. I struggle with emotional eating, and when I'm not managing well my attempts to eat healthier and be healthier through exercise fall apart. Right now I still don't have my dieting back on track, but I am on track this week with my exercise.

It's really nice reading everyone's posts and hearing about others day-to-day challenges and successes. It's really inspiring to hear that Mortonpixie is able to exercise while running an in-home daycare and homeschooling your own four children - wow, hats off to you! Many of your other stories and circumstances are inspiring too!

Take care all - Happy December!
  • Jenn that is great - way to go!!

Welcome junkatarian!

I found out today that I will be running another half marathon in March! I'm starting my training tomorrow. I'm excited!
  • Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear how under the weather everyone's been. I seem to have escaped any bugs flying around...knock on keyboard.. .

I was TDY last week to the town where my parents live. We went out 3 nights in a row and it ended up being Mexican food all three times (not sure how that happened). I didn't lose any while I was gone, but did manage to drop a bit since I've been home.

I did have a nice surprise last week. My mom and I went to Khols one evening and I decided to try on clothes...usually NOT a good thing. There were some really cute shirts on clearance, but they only had them in Large, not XL. Surprise, surprise, not 1 but all 4 fit! YAY!!!!!! I then had the problem of picking which I liked, not just which one fit. I ended up buying 3 of the 4...actually the one I didn't buy was the only one in XL...it didn't look right...hee-hee!!!!

Well, I hope this week is 100% better for everyone!
  • Mornin' all

Minus 13 and howling wind here this morning. DC Baby came in short sleeves, too small overalls, barefooted, no hat or mittens. I have clothes for him here - poor kid. It's also very icy on the roads. What if Mom's car went off the road and she had to carry him to safety?? He would loose a couple fingers and an ear lobe to frostbite, that's what.

So I weighed in today and am down .2 of a pound. My calorie deficit says I should have lost about 1.5lbs. I did start lifting weights this month, so I'm probably replacing that fat with muscle. Still. Frustrating. I am undeterred!! I WANT SMALLER PANTS!!

How's everyone else today?

ETA: WTG AFCHICK!!! Wooohooo!!! You rock, girl! Keep up the good work!
  • Holls = I feel your pain on the exercise "issue". I am a working "full time" mom. I am not single, but I'm not married to my children's father anymore and he lives over an hour away. It is so hard have 3 children all in different schools & activities and working full time 30 miles from home. I don't want to give up my evening "time" with my kids, but I also don't want to wake up at 4:30am to workout either.
    They say that you need at least 7 hours of sleep each night...and a good nights sleep is supposed to be helpful in weight loss & stress reduction. So my day goes as follows.
    I "wake up" at 5:30 to make sure my HighSchooler is up. *I am NOT a morning person* I doze off until 6 & get my elementary schoolers up & start assisting them with getting dressed as I get myself dressed...feed the dogs...let the dogs out...pick up as I run from room to room. Get them out the door at 7:10 and finish my makeup and scurry out the door by 7:20am. Work from 8 am - 5pm. Home by 6 (usually). Dinner @ 6:30 - 6:45 (if I'm lucky). We are done eating by 7:15 at the latest. Then the kiddos want to play. Chores are done before 8pm bath time (younger kids) and then bed at 8:30 for the younger & then I can get ready for bed (which I get in bed about 9:30) catch up on whatever & TV off by 10:30. It takes me 30 mins - 1.5 hrs to fall asleep. So I get about 6 hours of sleep (on average).

I know there are ways to fit it in, but I don't have the ability to workout during my lunch time (cause there really is not a place for me to "clean up" afterwards). I could go in the evenings, but I feel like I'm giving up time with my children (even though they are usually locked up in their room or playing at the neighbors). I just feel bad if I'm not there when/if they want to talk to me.