first 5 pounds!

• Hey guys,

I began my weight-loss journey a month ago, after an appointment in which my doctor told me I should lose some weight. I weighed 145 then. This morning, I climbed on the scale and saw... 140!! Even after all the Thanksgiving shenanigans!

I know 5 pounds is a small victory, but it's the first real scale victory I've had and I'm very excited about it. Especially knowing that I have succeeded despite Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much to all you folks at 3FC who have given me support since I got here last month. It's helped me so much.

Here's to being 5 pounds lighter by Christmas!
  • Congrats! I got such a mental boost when I lost my first 5 pounds. I remember thinking "wow, I CAN do this." Keep up the good work!
  • Well done, Skyra! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J
  • 5 pounds rocks! Congrats!!

Cathy
  • The first five pounds is one of those small-but-still-oh-so-HUGE victories! They say.. i can DO this! congrats!!!
  • :
    YAY! Congrats on the 5 pounds - you're really off to a great start - and hey, 5 pounds lost is 5 pounds closer to your goal - how great is that?!

Thanks for sharing - it's fun to celebrate your victory with you - keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal before you know it - and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

• As I understand it because you "only" have 30 (?)lb.s to loose compared to someone who has a lot more it is much harder to loose the numbers from your starting point.
    So very well done, keep up the good work!
  • You can totally do this! Keep up the great work!
  • Thank you to each and every one of you who responded. It means a lot!
  • That is awesome, especially over Thanksgiving!
  • Congratulations Skyra!

A 5-pound loss IS something to celebrate I'm eager to experience one too and say "buh bye" to the 160's!!!! I've got about 30 pounds excess to release and would find 5 pounds gone to be a great motivator.

Keep up the good work!
    Jean
  • Congratulations! It's all downhill from here!
  • Congrats!!
  • Awesome job! Every pound is an achievement & you lost that 5 times so no small victory at all~YOU DID AMAZING! I AM PROUD OF YOU!
  • You go - well done. Onwards and downwards!