Exercise makes me soooo tired!

• I've been working out for the past few days, after taking a long break from it but by this time at night, I get exhausted. It's not even 7:30 and I'm having problems staying awake. It's too late to take a nap and too early to go to bed. This is always a problem for me, even if I work out most days for a couple weeks. I thought exercise was supposed to give me more energy! Does anyone else have this problem?
  • That happens to me when I first start working out, or change things, especially when I get up early to exercise. It gets better after a while. But find that to some degree, I do still need to sleep earlier, but I like that. It feels really good to go to bed physically tired instead of emotionally tired.
  • Just go with it. Trust your body and go to bed. You won't always feel this way.
  • I agree with other people here. It won't always be like this... it takes some adjusting. However, if your body is telling you go to bed, and you have no commitments keeping you up... go to bed! your body is telling you it needs it

also, just make sure you are getting enough calories. If you work out too hard but don't eat enough, it can make you more tired than you should be.