make yourself feel better

• How? I know you girls know what I am talking about. The days usually but not always around your TOM when you feel ugly, unwanted, and fat. lol. That's how I feel today, It's actually not TOM now, but I feel disgusted with myself. I am suppose to go out with some friends tonight and I feel so unattractive and disgusted with myself. How do you get over this feeling? HELP!!! I hate when I feel this way about myself.
  • I know how you feel and sometimes that's dificult; however, take a good look in the mirror and how far you've come and make a quick mental list of everything good.Hmmm....when I feel like this, I always have a go to outfit that I wear and, no, it is not composed of sweats. I usually also put on some of my vanilla bean noel lotion from bath and body works because i am obsessed. I litterally horde that stuff over holiday season and use it as a pick me up all year long. Oh, and red lipstick. Fun makeup always makes me feel fun.
  • I pamper myself, actually. I take a hot bath, do my nails, my toenails, play with makeup and play dress up in my closet.
  • Always remember how far you've come. 18 pounds is immense; don't sell yourself short for a second. You've put a lot of work into this, and it deserves to be honored.

I'm with stella: I pamper myself. If I'm feeling unattractive, I'll play with makeup and paint my toenails. Shave my legs and put on my favorite lemon body lotion. And I always have a few go-to outfits that I think are flattering and comfortable.

And don't forget; you'll be with friends! You're in good company, and they'll make you feel better.