New Sayonara to the 140's challenge

You're on Page 12 of 29
Go to
  • WOW Bablou.. Congrats you look FABULOUS!!!

I am so frustrated.. So for the first time in a long time I went to the gym everyday.. So mon, tues, wed, thurs, I do about 35-50 minutes of cardio on a treadmil.. A combination of jogging at 5 and walking at 3.8 on a 15% incline.. It's pretty intense and I am always a sweaty mess.. After that I do weights for about 15-25 minutes.. Totalling an hour a day.. I have gained 3 pounds. I am weighing in at 149.. which is high for me.. It is so discouraging to see that number go up instead of down? I really find when I exercise I gain.. My legs and arms firm up so quickly though I can notice after 1 or 2 runs.. But the scale just wont go down.. Does anyone else have this?? or am I just crazy???

Nicole
  • s200n, I have a very similar situation weight/height. I had that in December. You might be gaining muscle or you might need to drink more water/eat more protein. For me, I've started focusing on eating healthier and having at least 2L of water a day.... and I've been losing pretty well despite not having the time to exercise.
  • bablou that's awesome! and you look hot. Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon in the 130s group.

2soon I know when I first start exercising, or change my routine in anyway, i bloat like crazy. My body tries to retain as much water as it can. I was working out consistently this time last year, and it took me 3 months to lose a pound. BUT in that same time i lost an inch and a half from my waist, 3 inches from each thigh, a half inch from each calf, and I gained a 1/4 inch of muscle in my arms. If the scale isn't moving the way i want it to, i start relying more on the tape measurer. I know it sucks, but exercising will do your body good.

as for myself, i'm down to 141.6! only .5 away from normal BMI. My period is just winding up, so I'm even more excited to see the scale over the next couple of days. I didn't eat so well this week, but I was within calories. I'll work on better eating for next week.
  • WOW Bablou you look AMAZING!!
    I am still sitting around 148 on the scale... I dont know whats up maybe my body just needs time to adjust. I hope that I see a real loss this week, looks like the rest of you are doing great!
  • I weighed 141.4 this morning after eating crap so i am hoping another week will get me out of the 140's since i know i have some water weight in me as well...YAY ladies! let's keep it up!
  • Hey girls!!
    I miss you all! bablou00 you look AMAZING!!! Holy *&%# good for you

JadeBlue14- Congrats on getting so close and being down

s200n - I totally feel your pain..i'm my TOM and I shot back up to 147 from 143..agh. If I'm honest I haven't been sticking to my plan though so I'm not surprised.
  • Grr... I was very on plan all week but this morning I stepped on the scale and saw 143.0 ... last week I was 142.6. My TOM just ended so maybe that has something to do with it? I also overate a little yesterday so maybe that's left over. I'm going to reweigh tomorrow morning, but man... I haven't felt like being on plan today because I feel discouraged! (Though I know I shouldn't, I can tell I'm making progress... jeans are getting VERY loose, haha, no longer safe to wear to work without a belt.)
  • Skrya did you work out at all? your muscles could be retaining water, too. And my TOM bloat doesn't usually go away until a day or 2 after. Maybe extra sodium? Try drinking a lot of water today. And I know I don't see results on the scale unless I've gotten a good nights sleep before I get on it. I'm sure you'll see the scale going the right way soon. Until then, focus on those jeans fitting better!

and me... 141 EVEN on the scale this morning! I also stopped seeing 144 as a blip, and 143 hasn't shown its head in a while. I'm feeling like I could be under 140 by v-day.
  • Hello ladies...

bablou00: you look WOW ....

charlottekelsey & Jadeblue14 ... we are on the same page ... I was 141.6 yesterday , 141.8 today ..... under 140 by v-day here we go.

for all us.
  • And I hit my 30 pound lost mark ..... wow . It have been a long jorney , but is paying off.
  • JadeBlue -- hooray for your 141 even You can DEFINITELY lose that one pound by Valentine's Day! After all, we still have 3 weeks until V-Day's here. I'm aiming to break past 140 by V-Day, too.

I DID have a lot of sodium the night before I saw the 143, so I tried again this morning, and sure enough the sodium threw the number off -- today I saw 141.6 -- a pound down from last week.

I'm only 3.6 pounds away from a "normal weight" BMI. I'm psyched!
  • wfonseca way to go on the 30 pound loss you should be soo proud of yourself!
  • yay ladies. we can do this...i'm hovering at 139.5/140 as of this morning...definitely going to get there by VDAY..i have to get through the TOM first so maintaining will be the real challenge. but we can do it!!! :-P
  • JadeBlue Congrats!!!
  • I have to share..... I am 140.4 OMG I step like 100 times, I even saw 139.6 . So happy .