I Thought I Knew My Wife

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Seriously, I really thought I knew her...everything about her

OK...not every single thing. To be honest I couldn't tell you the color of her eyes...but then that's OK with her 'cause I don't ever remember my kids eye color either! I know to answer hazel when confronted...I have a 50/50 chance

I found last night I was wrong...way wrong

She was heading out the door to teach some yoga at church, I called to her and said...

"Oh wait Babe, do you want refried or black beans for dinner?"

"Black"...

"But we just had those the other day"...

"OK then pinto"...

"OK, but we have refried black beans too"....

"I really don't like refried beans"....

"But we have them all the time...we have for 15 years"...

"Babe, that's because you and the kids like refried beans, I don't"...

"But you always ate them when I made them"....

"Gotta go...make whatever you want"...

I thought I knew her...after all these years...what am I gonna do with all these refried beans...pinto and black....that I have?"
  • Funny Ez! I have feelings for a guy who's face I can hardly remember. It's the way that he made me feel that sticks with me!
  • For years when I was going to make pancakes I would buy blueberry syrup it was a long time before my oldest son told me, they don't like blueberry syrup. (But I do, I thought everybody did . ) Same with Oscar Meyer Weiners , I bought them 'cuz I liked them, finally somebody in the family got the nerve to say "they" preferred another brand.
  • Same here One day my hubby and son came home with two packages of hot dogs. One was the usual brand, which, they said, was for me, because that was the brand I liked. The other was one I don't remember, because the ones on sale taste the best! okay, whatever!
  • wicket, I see we live not far from each other. My son lives in Sunnyvale.
  • Wowsers, Gary. That is a small detail you should have been paying more attention to.
  • Actually...I may be in big trouble tonight...she isn't saying....she is doing homework for an online class she is taking....watching a dvd that is required...

I got a bit nasty with her over a kitchen faucet she purchased....

I have not raise my voice to my wife in 10 years...until this afternoon...

I have apologized but got the...uh-huh....nothing else....

I might be in big trouble...might not....

I am scared...

On the other hand I WAS RIGHT!!...I WAS....

I think....
  • LOL~Ez I have been married for nearly 17 years~I still do not know what my hubby likes to eat~He switches on me all the time.....LOL
    As far as the faucet...us women do not like to be told were wrong LOL~She may act fine but will get you back real soon when ya least expect it LOL
    If I was you I would be scared too ~HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
  • LORI are you saying the polenta she is making tonight might be...

POISONED! "the freak sign would go here but for some reason it isn't working tonight...so...FREAK!!!!"
  • hahahahahahah~Might be EZ ~MIGHT BE!

(Although~ I was meaning it's more of one of those type of things that we was right and we prove you was wrong type deals in an in your face type of way when Ya least expect it.....But still ya never know LOL!)
  • HA!

Let me tell you kiddo...I am one smart guy...because...I know that my wife is...

always right!!!
  • Why is this under the "games" section??
  • EZ ~ My husband and I both refrained from buying grapefruit juice for the first 8 years of our marriage thinking the other hated it. We were at my Moms for bfast one Christmas morning and she had grapefruit juice. Simultaneously we said "Oh yum!! I haven't had this in AGES." and then just stared at each other. LOL!! Needless to say, we buy grapefruit juice now.

It's fun to learn new things about each other even after many years together. <3
  • LOL!!! LOVE the story CLOSE2MY HEART!!

CATHY DOE...this is in games because no one takes my marraige(s) seriously...

and that fact that I thought I was in General Chatter!!!

screwed up again....story of my life....wink
  • he is nervous because he knows Angie is gonna get HIM! LOL