NOT Obese!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well, after bouncing irritably about on the border of obese/overweight for a week or two -- seriously, it was like "today I am overweight!" and then "oh heck, today I am obese!" -- this morning I hit 219 on the scale, which puts me at a BMI of 29.7. Given my personal weight loss pattern, I'm reasonably sure I'm now safely across the line, thank goodness. I don't put too much stock in BMI, but it's made a useful tool for goal-setting, so I'm sticking with it.

So, onward to the next goal, which is getting below 200. I am pretty stoked for this, because things had slowed down for me -- although, by no means stopped -- causing me to re-evaluate my plan, fine-tune it, and get things moving more quickly in the right direction again. And today I get to celebrate, which I will do by carrying on with more of the same.
  • Congrats that is terrific!! Keep on trucking!!
  • Way to go Catherine! That is fantastic news!
  • Yeah! How wonderful. Congratulations on this major accomplishment that you worked so hard to achieve!
  • Great news! Enjoy your new "category"
  • catherine! WOW! I hope you post pics as inspiration to all of us. You are doing so very well. Leaving the obese category was my first weightloss goal. When I saw "obese" to describe me I nearly fainted. You know your stuff chickadee. I would love to hear your story, know about your foods, your activity, etc.
  • That's awesome!
  • Good for you! That is an enormous milestone!!!

I'm still a good way from there, but hoping to make it eventually!
  • That's so great!
  • Isn't it wonderful to be "just" overweight! Congratulations.
  • holy smoke, CONGRATULATIONS! what a job you've done!
  • I can't wait to join you! Congratulations!
  • That is great news! Way to go!
  • Thanks, everybody! I'm still pretty darned chuffed, and it's been hours since I weighed in. It sounds so crazy, being thrilled to be categorized as overweight, but wow, I've been some variety of obese since my late teens, and the sheer relief of being merely overweight is kind of shocking.
  • Congrats! What a great accomplishment! I'm doing it backwards from you, lol. I hit under 200 this monday but I'm still considered obese for my height.

Great job on all your hard work and keep it up!