What size are you?

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • it's true. i'm sure women are not supposed to have shoulders as big as mine. i feel i have wasted my life. i should have been a rugby player or shot putter or something.
  • Tried on size 16 shirts at Dorothy Perkins and H&M yesterday, and nope, too small. Strangely enough size 16 Peacocks jeans fit perfectly, and size 16 M&S skirts fit fine too, maybe it's because I'm a top heavy apple shape.
  • When I was at H&M the other day, I tried on a dress that fit me (tightly) as a UK size 10. I'm sure my bottoms are bigger than that, because I'm more pear-shaped, so UK size 12 for the legs (at least).

In American/Canadian sizes, I wear size 8 pants, but they're getting looser. And a size 4-6 top.
  • Currently size 12 downstairs, size 10 upstairs (smallest since I was a kid!). Whilst my top size is still getting smaller, I've been stuck in size 12 jeans etc... for a while now, and pretty sure that it's down to the excess skin on my lower belly. Bra is down to a measly 34B/C (from a 44EE two years ago).
  • 5ft6

size 14 up top
    38C-D chest

size 12 bottoms

31 inch waist
    37 inch hips

I wanna have a 29 inch waist and 35 inch hips.

Im at my biggest, used to be a bit smaller
  • 5ft6
    34D bra~
    8-10 tops ^.^
    10 dress~
    10-12 Bottoms

When I started I was:
    36C Bra~
    12-14 Tops~
    12-14 dress~
    and 14-16 Bottoms~
  • Eeee before I was...
    Size UK 14 on bottom
    Size UK 12 on top
    34B bra...
    I was and am even more flatchested haha.
    Now I am...
    Size UK 10 on bottom
    Size UK 8/10 on top
    34A bra haha.
  • I am 5ft 7" and weigh 185lbs at the moment. I'm currently in UK size 16 bottom and size 12 - 14 top. I am a 38DD bra size. This is so depressing... I found some of my old size 10 trousers today and I used to look so good in them. I would not even get them up past my thighs now
  • 5'7,
    UK size 16
    and 38DD

Ugh, hopefully not for too much longer. If I manage to get down to a 14 in the next month or so I'll be thrilled
  • Heh, all your stats are perfect to me

5'5"
    274lbs *run and hides*
    Size 20-22 (UK)
    38FF bra size

• Quote: Heh, all your stats are perfect to me

5'5"
    274lbs *run and hides*
    Size 20-22 (UK)
    38FF bra size

No need to hide - At your weight I was a size 26 At my highest weight (308lb) I was a 28. Your stats aren't so bad
  • Quote: Just interested to know what size people are wearing at different weights and heights.
    I am 5'9 and weigh 13st now, and can comfortably wear pretty much all dresses and tops at size14, even buying the occasional 12 if requiring a slimmer fit. Have also just started buying 36B as new Bra size (ie am not a big girl up top)
    Trousers with defined waistband, am just on the cusp of 14, ie not fitting in every shop, but 16 a bit big in all shops

By the way, I am talking in UK/Irish sizes here (Size 14 = Us size 10 and so on)

Just interested in this - and also if anyone has specific comments about different shop's sizing???...if anyone wants to post, please include your height

Thanks
    Thought should do a little update now...
    Am still 5"9!
    I now weigh 11st 10lbs
    Am pretty much a size 12 everywhere, with the very odd exception of having to try a 14 - in say a tight fitting dress...
    in some jeans I would be a 28 or 29" waist, but often then they are too tight on thighs
  • At my highest weight of 210 I was an 18 on top and bottoms, but I pretty much lived in stretch jeans and cheap, plain tops from Primark, so I'm sure something tailored would have had to be bigger. I had a pair of size 16 trousers from BHS that I pretty much exclusively wore to work, alongside a size 18 from new look that were just way too big.

Now I'm hovering around 190 and I can wear a size 16 in jeans with or without stretch, although without stretch are still tight around the tops of the thighs (I have chunky legs and a big round bum) and I have to invent new ways to cover up the muffin top, but hopefully not for long!

I also had a breakthrough in Primark yesterday, where I fit into a size 14 jacket! My shoulders are much smaller now, but my belly is still pretty big so doing up the button is a no no, but again, not for long I'm excited to fit into a 14 properly again in bottoms especially!
  • Like most of you it depends on the shop with me.

I'm 5'4, 168lbs and very pear shaped! Got 34D boobs and am sometimes a 14 on top and bottom but motly a 14 on top and 16 on bottom. I can sometimes fit into size 12 dresses as I have a weirdly small waist and shoulders in comparison to my hips and thighs.
  • I'm:
    16-18 in Primark
    12 in Ethel Austin
    14-16 Peackocs, H&M, New Look
    18 in Jane Austin

So, what size am I ???