Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Nov 9-15, 2009

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • B- 1/2 cup egg whites with 1/4 cup onion and peppers, whole wheat toast w/sf jam, 1/2 banana
    S- 2 mini snickers, 1 hershey kiss, 1 mini peanut butter cup (shameful)
    L- 1 orange, 1 cucumber, 1 apple w/honey, whole wheat pita, yogurt
    S- 100 cal pack of almonds
    D- it's going to be sushi... not great, but i will try to keep it in check (i loff sushi.......).. edit- had a philly roll and denham springs roll. 2 glasses of chardonney as well.
  • Kat-no shame here. We all have bad days. The important thing is that you didn't let it ruin your whole day and you got right back on track.

B: Shredded wheat n bran, banana, low fat milk, sugar free latte
    L: steak and bleu cheese salad, with homemade red wine vinagrette (very yummy), 1/2 pita, hummus
    S: few baby carrots, celery sticks, apple slices, grapes (I was at a baby shower and managed to avoid the more problematic things)
    D: zucchini and bok choy gratin, mixed grains with cashews, glass of pinot grigio.
  • B: soy yogurt, apple, coffee w/milk
    S: muffin
    L: corn tortilla with taco sauce, refries, salsa, cheese
    D: salad w/celery, daikon, cashews, dressing
    S: pita w/cilantro-jalapeno hummus, a glass of merlot
  • Hey Girls,

Is the site crashing/not loading for you too? Has been the same for me since yesterday.. pain in the ***.

Anyhoo,
    B: Orange and banana smoothie
    L: Stir fried babycorn, mangetout and red pepper in hot chili tomato sauce, with brown rice
    S: Bowl oatmeal, with honey and raisins
    D: Stir fried veg with spices and tomato
    S: Pumpkin seeds and raisins

I'm working all weekend.. and BF is working nights so I won't see him in the evenings. This will really help me to stay on track the next couple of days. Have already told him too that I wont be going crazy or drinking a lot on our next days off together. I'd really like to see the number on the scale decrease a bit.. has been faltering between 182 & 179 all week.
  • Hey hey,

Hoping you manage to log on soon if you are having trouble.. I haven't managed all day till now.

Here's my menu for today -
    B: Bowl oatmeal, raisins and tsp honey
    L: Stir fried vegetables and brown rice
    D: Pepper stuffed with brown rice, onion, mushroom and tomato
    S: Some pecans

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend

Sarah
  • Hey everyone! This is the first I've been able to log in for 2 days! Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Here's yesterday

B: Irish oatmeal with honey raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, sugar free latte
    L: zucchini and bok choy gratin, mixed grains with cashews,
    D:steak and bleu cheese salad

My ticker moved this week. Yeah. I'm planning to take progress pictures-I'm having my first picture taken Monday and I'm hoping to be down 15 lbs by then. That is looking very possible. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm planning my usual lots of cooking so I don't have to cook much during the week.
  • I hope we didn't lose our other ladies with the site problems. Here's my menu for today

B: 2 eggs scrambled with red bell pepper, green onions and a little cheddar in a whole wheat low carb tortilla, with a little salsa on top, sugar free latte
    L: smoothie with greek yogurt, banana, whey protein, frozen blueberries, sugar free davinci syrup
    D: turkey enchilada (sonoma diet recipe off the website-not in the books), big tossed salad, raspberry vinagrette. Passed on the wine tonight. Just wasn't in the mood.

The turkey enchiladas are awesome but they are some work and it makes a huge amount. You really can't make half a recipe because it calls for a can of soup and its kind of hard to use half a can of soup if you know what I mean. I'm going to freeze half of them and that should pretty well.
  • Mary, do you cook most of your meals at the weekend? This is a good idea. Do you cook in individual portions and freeze or?
    S
  • Yesterday

B: some banana bread from a healthy banana-bread recipe I found, coffee with milk
    D: went to a catered event, had pasta salad, bread manicotti w/veggies, tomato sauce and 1 meatball, and German chocolate cake, and a few glasses of red wine

Definitely not the best day, diet-wise, but it was a special event.
  • Sarah-yes, I try to do most of my cooking on the weekend because sometimes my work days are unpredictable and the last thing I want is to come home late after a long day and have to spend an hour cooking dinner. I don't usually freeze individulal portions. My enchilada recipe makes 12 servings so I froze 6 all together. I don't mind eating the same things for a few days if its something I know I really like. Today I'm making chili in the crockpot which I think is going to be really good. It's a new recipe but it smelled great before I even turned the crockpot on. It makes 8 servings so I will freeze half of it. I have 2 balsamic pork chops in the freezer and 2 servings of tandoori chicken for future use too. I should be in good shape for my call week at the end of the month which is the goal.

I'm going to a yoga workshop this afternoon and my chili should be done shortly after I get home from the workshop-just in time for dinner. Yumm.
  • I tend to cook larger meals on weekends and use them during the weeks for lunch, too.

B: smoothie (yogurt, almond milk, hemp drink mix, frozen banana), coffee w/milk
    L: pasta salad w/vegetables
  • Evening girls

Here's todays for me;
    B: Stuffed pepper, leftover from last night
    L: Bowl oatmeal, sultanas and tsp honey
    D: Stir fry of broccoli, asparagus, mushroom, mangetout, tomato, quinoa and oregano
    S: Some pecans
    D: 2 cans low carb beer
  • Sarah-you are giving me an education. What's a mangetout?

I'm a little disappointed. The chili is good but it's a little spicy for my taste. It's about a 3 alarm recipe. I'll be able to eat it all but probably won't make it again. It's my first experience with a couple ingredients-tomatillos, and queso fresco.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with green onion, canadian bacon, shredded cheddar in half a pita, sugar free latte
    L: turkey enchilada., big tossed salad with raspberry vinagrette
    D. smoky slow cooker chili, slice of crusty rye bread, glass of white merlot
    I think I'm going to indulge in dessert tonight too. Tunisian orange, date, and pistacio salad which I'll make a little later.

My yoga workshop was intense and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to write about it elsewhere so if you are interested please feel free to read my blog. Too much to go into here.
  • I googled them to see what else they're called! They're snap peas, or sugar snap peas. Do you know them? I love them in stir fries.

Well done on the yoga! I'll have to drag my behind out for some exercise soon..
  • Yes, I know sugar snap peas. I like them too. Never heard them called by that other name. I was looking at one of the vegetarian/vegan threads the other day because they were talking about sea vegetables. That was an education for me.