Dinner Ideas (not recipes)

• I was wondering what some peoples "go-to" dinners are-- not recipes exactly

for example, i like 3oz grilled chicken (3), 1 serving of egg noodles (4) and steamed broccoli and snow peas (0)

or a serving of whole wheat pasta 2oz (4) and 1/2 cup pasta sauce (1) 2tsp grated cheese (1) side of veggies

anyone have any other good dinner ideas?
  • I love breakfast for dinner...poached or scrambled egg, whole grain toast, salsa, fruit for dessert. Or make a frittata with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, bit of cheese sprinkled on the top...yummy and you're getting lots of veggies too!
  • I love fish for an easy low pt dinner. 3 oz broiled tilapia with garlic and lemon (2), garlic mashed potatoes (3), and steamed broccoli (0).
  • how many potatoes do you use? ive gotten really into measuring everything!
  • I use one potato per person (I usually weigh them to keep them around 3oz/person), so 2 for DH and I. A couple tablespoons of skim milk, about 2 tablespoons of light sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper!
  • I like to just stir fry chicken breast (3 oz) with veggies, soy sauce and serve over 1/2 c. of brown rice.

I also like ground turkey (4 oz) mixed with 1/2 c. white beans and served over brown rice.
  • fish tacos
    I do fish tacos that are really quick: Gorton's grilled fillets, lemon pepper (2 pts for 1 fillet, I cut it in half to make 2 tacos and I sort of smash it into the taco so it spreads around) + 2 corn tortillas (I think 1 pt each) + that shredded coleslaw mix in the produce section, minus the dressing (0 pts) + light ranch dressing + some fresh lime juice squeezed over the tacos. It's really fast, easy and good.
  • 1 Garden Burger (1) on a Sandwich Thin (1) with melted Mozzerella Cheese (2)...I like to "panini press" it or grill it - and Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup (2) and steamed brocolli (0). It is SO FILLING.
  • I eat a ton of salads and have gotten pretty creative with the toppings..my latest fave is lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, black bean, low fat cheddar, a little ranch..sometimes i add avocado if I have enough points..or I add one of those 100 calorie pack of wholly guacamole
  • I love to make low cal turkey joes. I also enjoy the ww havarti grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, and veggies with tons of fresh dill. I have a slight obsession with dill these days - I put it on everything!
  • Stuffing Chicken Bake is a favorite of mine. I made it a week or two ago and just loved it. I got the recipe from Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet cookbook. I substituted Cream of Broccoli for Cream of Mushroom and peas and corn for the mushrooms the recipe called for [I can't eat mushrooms because they make me sick] and it turned out fabulous. I had enough for lunch and to freeze too. I believe it totals out to 4 or 5 points per serving.
  • im a big fan of the morningstar spicy black bean burger (2 points) between 2 slices of nature's own light sourdough bread (1 point!) with 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese (1 point) on one side of the bread that i first douse in sriracha sauce

i cook the burger in the george foreman, and then stick it between the bread and toast the whole sandwich in there as well. since there's no meat involved i don't even worry about scraping and scrubbing the grill between

only 4 points! super delicious and filling! i usually steam some broccoli or eat a salad with it too. it is absolutely my "go to" low point meal! sometimes even eat one for breakfast if im hungry hungry in the morning.