Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Glad to hear there was no real plateau for you!! We are told not to do very much steady state cardio, 2 30 minutes sessions of interval cardio a week and at least 1 class - 1 hour duration of resistance training. As my weight loss has really slowed down I think I might add the walking that you are doing into my routine. Do you walk at a fast pace?
You just reminded me I need to be doing resistance training. I don't walk that fast, like 3.5 average, and I try to do an incline of only 1. Its enough to sweat a little but not go crazy. What do you do in your interval cardio? That sounds fun!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #122  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optichick1 View Post
So if you go out for lunch, what do you do for dinner, just have a soup or pudding or something?
You switch your supper and lunch. So at supper I had my IP protein, 2 cups veggies and salad. I saved my snack for evening too as I thought I might be extra hungry with such a light supper. Worked out great and lunch was easy - didn't feel like an "outcast" with having to order anything too weird.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #123  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukandewit View Post
I cheated 2 weekends ago, had a few drinks, and **gasp** stopped for Taco John's afterwards in a moment of weakness. (I think that's the greatest risk as far as the diet is concerned) I still lost though...5.6 lbs. Although the week before that I only lost 1 lbs. So...it averaged out ok.

Wondering what everyone has lost at each weigh in? Mine have seemed to vary A LOT:

Week 1 - 10 lbs
Week 2 - 5.8 lbs
Week 3 - 1 lbs
Week 4 - 5.6 lbs (this was after my cheat)
Week 5 - tomorrow morning...I don't anticipate a lot, if any. I've been so good avoiding my daughter's Halloween candy all evening, but I wake up in the middle of the night (to use the restroom) and zombie walk to the kitchen. Any other night-eaters? Any hints for that? (I did good last night - I was tempted - but went straight back to bed!)
I also am hungry in the evenings so I save my snack (butterscotch pudding or wildberry yogurt are my fav) for later on - I know you're not supposed to eat after 8 (or something) but I've also read that a calorie is a calorie - they don't know what time you eat them. Having that snack around 9 seems to keep me from "dreaming of food" LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

so i was under the impression that omlet was a restricted food for the first 2 weeks...found out it wasnt and BOY IS IT MY SAVING GRACE! hehe. I have a capp for breakfast and an omlet with sauteed mushrooms and peppers at lunch, of course slathered in Cholula...my favorite hot sauce..its so satisfying!!

I made pork tenderloin last night, that was so tender I did pulled pork for my salad and for my boyfriend, a sandwich.

I made this dressing last night that was TOO DIE FOR!!!

2 tbs hot mustard
2 tbs dijon
1/2 tbs red pepper flakes
3 tbs apple cider vinegar
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs sugar free heinz ketchup ( it only has 1 carb in 1 tbs and you dont even get the whole carb so GO FOR IT!! (
salt and pepper
I put it on my lettuce, mushrooms, cucumbers and pulled pork and it was soooooooooo good. probably my favorite so far

i recommend slow cooking your pork in ff, no carb chicken broth. I know for sure safeway and vons carry it! and whatever spices you like. ( a touch of cinnamon is way good)
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #125  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
SandraB: I had a piece of pumpkin pie last week (oops) and suffered no ill effects either. Just really had a problem with that one weekend. I thought I had taken enough IP products with me, but I ran out!!

I really hate to put when I started IP -- because I actually started cutting back on my own August 1st. I KNEW what IP entailed, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to give up diet pop and OJ....I actually have lost 24# in 9 weeks on IP...so I am averaging a bit less than 3# a week. It would be faster if I didn't have 2 restricted a day...but that is what gets me thru...and my choice, I guess.

I was never told we could have coconut oil. I have just used olive oil for everything...but not going over 2 T. a day (I was told that was my limit). I take the IP supplements. GNC is a 45 minute drive for me....The multi is about what I was spending on a multi anyhow. I was told by doc this week that I am deficient in D-3. I have been taking 1000uts a day, and she wants me to bump it up to 3000uts. I guess nearly everyone up here in upper Michigan is D-3 deficient (we don't get much sun in the winter...and there sure hasn't been any this fall).

I heard about IP from my doctors nurse. She had told me they were researching a diet last year. When she said I had to buy the products from them, I kinda forgot about it. Been thru that with 2 other diets and everything tasted like *&^&. When I went in to see doc about something else, I heard some girls in the waiting room talking about IP. One gal had had bariatric surgery and had gained some back. She said she was losing as fast as she did after the surgery. I spent the next month researching it (everyone was trying to talk me OUT of it because of the expense). I still hate the expense, but it IS working for me. I think the weekly weighins and personal coaching really help me.

PrinCass: Boy, I never thought about that. Wouldn't it be amazing to NOT say on New Years Eve that I had to lose weight? Gosh, with some luck, I should be at goal by then. BUT I suppose it is like smoking (yeah, I still smoke)....There is really no good time to quit, is there?

Right now, I am not entirely certain what I will do for the holidays. I will be staying at 2 different sisterinlaws, and with my son....and will be gone about 3 weeks. I have not yet cheated with alcohol (and that was tough because nearly everyone on our weekend was having wine in the evening), so I don't know how that would affect me. I bought a pina colada drink but haven't tried it yet cuz I KNOW I would want rum in it.
try adding rum extract and ice with your pina colada. And like someone else said, if you drink it through a straw you don't get that "chemical" smell/taste.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #126  
Started IP Oct. 19/09

S/C/G: 184.6/167/125

Height: 5'2

I had my second weigh in yesterday, and I'm down another 3.8 lbs! In total, I've lost 12.2 lbs in my first two weeks I'm so excited about how well I'm doing so far and definitely motivated to keep going!

Josh, I'm going to check out your blog, thanks so much for sharing your story!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #127  

Height: 5'3"

Default First weigh in

I had my first weigh in today. 8lbs down, I thought it would be more than that for the first week, but it is what it is. Having a hard time with figuring out my lunches at work. Most days I've been having the omelet with broccoli, very good anyone with other ideas.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Oooops. I forgot to puta tsp garlic powder and 2 splenda packets...it should be creamy
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 203/165/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi everybody,

I had my third weigh in last night and had lost another 5.9 lbs. That makes 17.5 in three weeks. How cool it that! On weight watchers it would have taken me at least 2 months to lose that much. Thanks for all the great recipes.
I am a little worried with the holidays coming up that I will want to have just ONE glass of wine, and all my lose will be stopped. I will have to just say no. Easier said than done. I was thinking of bringing one of my pom/cran/blueberry drinks into a club with me and just getting a glass of water. Then I will look like I am drinking and still be legal.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Josh...I read your blog!! In fact - I put it in Favorites to check it every day. PS: I hate the leek soup, too! I water down the soups much more than required...that helps...so does throwing in some veggies. So - do I understand this right ---? Four months will be boiled down into a 15 minute film??

You do have it right, four months is gonna turn into a 15 minute peice, because that is all that is accepted into the film festivals 15-20 minute peices. I am almost 100% sure she will cut a longer peice in case she wants to make something even huger out of it.
And yes the leek soup is really bad, for me, some people love it, but my taste buds dont enjoy it.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
You just reminded me I need to be doing resistance training. I don't walk that fast, like 3.5 average, and I try to do an incline of only 1. Its enough to sweat a little but not go crazy. What do you do in your interval cardio? That sounds fun!
I forgot to add that this was what they say for exercise in phase 1 - phase 2 starts when 80% of desired weight is lost and more exercise is introduced.

I am doing the interval cardio by warming up at a steady pace for 5 mins. then I go for 2-4 mins at a steady pace then 2-4 mins. at either a faster pace or a 5.5 incline (or both depending on how strong I feel that day) and then back to steady pace for 2-4 minutes and continue back and forth like that for 25 mins and then a 5 min cool down; just so the heart rate goes up and down and does not remain at a consistent rate. I am thinking of adding more resistance training and another cardio, because my weight loss is very slow and I am not cheating.

I must say that I appear to be still losing inches even though the pounds are not coming off quickly (need to measure myself again to be sure). I have lost more weight and inches in the time I have been on IP than ever before and I think the fact that I am slowly (2 years into it) going through "mentalpause" opps sorry "menopause" lol, does not help my situation (hormones on a rampage etc).
Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #132  
Bumpy McPickles

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 6'1"

On day 2 and so far no side effects - not terribly hungry either. I did post a recipe from last nights dinner on the sticky.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #133  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

For exercise, I am taking fast paced walks on my lunchtime at work 3 times a week (2.7 km (or 1.7 miles!) in 25 mins). I have started these prior to IP and it seems that it is now anchored as a good habit!

Haven't had a restricted packet since week 3 and "maybe" it helped increse my weight loss from a 2,5 or 3# weekly to a 3,5#... Not sure of the impact tho but I haven't found it that difficult to put the good stuff aside. My routine goes as this:
Breakfast - crispy cereals, omelette or ready to eat pudding (usually vanilla)
Lunch - soup, soy puffs (sour cream or BBQ) or pudding + veggies + salad
Dinner - the regular dinner (Sometimes swiched with lunch!)
Snack - IP drink or jello or pudding, depending on what I already had!

It has been my little routine for the past 3 months and even if I started cooking for the Holidays, I managed to stick to it

Congrats everyone on your weight loss! You are doing Great!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #134  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
You do have it right, four months is gonna turn into a 15 minute peice, because that is all that is accepted into the film festivals 15-20 minute peices. I am almost 100% sure she will cut a longer peice in case she wants to make something even huger out of it.
And yes the leek soup is really bad, for me, some people love it, but my taste buds dont enjoy it.
Hey, Josh. I read your blog...keep up the good work. Regarding the soups: after not being able to take them when made per directions, I tried making them with about 10-12 oz. of fat free chicken broth(5 cals/1g carbs per 8 oz.) and adding garlic/onion powder and black pepper. They taste MUCH better and the texture is improved. Someone on this board checked with their coach(I don't have one) about the "legality" of using chicken/beef/vegetable broths and they said to go for it. Hope this helps make them at least palatable. Good luck with your 3rd, and hopefully last difficult day.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #135  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I forgot to add that this was what they say for exercise in phase 1 - phase 2 starts when 80% of desired weight is lost and more exercise is introduced.

I am doing the interval cardio by warming up at a steady pace for 5 mins. then I go for 2-4 mins at a steady pace then 2-4 mins. at either a faster pace or a 5.5 incline (or both depending on how strong I feel that day) and then back to steady pace for 2-4 minutes and continue back and forth like that for 25 mins and then a 5 min cool down; just so the heart rate goes up and down and does not remain at a consistent rate. I am thinking of adding more resistance training and another cardio, because my weight loss is very slow and I am not cheating.

I must say that I appear to be still losing inches even though the pounds are not coming off quickly (need to measure myself again to be sure). I have lost more weight and inches in the time I have been on IP than ever before and I think the fact that I am slowly (2 years into it) going through "mentalpause" opps sorry "menopause" lol, does not help my situation (hormones on a rampage etc).
How long have you been doing IP and how much have you lost?
Closed Thread