Halloween declaration

• I'm declaring this goal publicly to up the stakes. No Halloween candy for me!!!! Not a bite is going to pass these lips. I'd take out a restraining order and keep the stuff 100 feet away from me, but I'll be at my parents for a football game and they hand out the good stuff - full sized chocolate bars. Cruel.

What are your plans to avoid eating that bag of Snickers?

• I have candy corn and those pumpkins in the house, but I'm not eating even one.
  • I'm going to Knotts Scary Farm tonight . Far away from candy, haha. Yet extremely close to deep fried fair-like treats and ice cream. BUT! it's going to be rather easy to avoid those puppies cause I'm as broke as can be and that stuff is expensive!
  • I'm just NOT making it an option! Not a single piece of Halloween candy will pass through these lips. OR the cheese, meat, crackers that my other mother is putting out. OR the full sized bags of chips that people in my neighborhood hand out. NONE OF IT.
  • I am signing the pact too. I am not indulging. Thursday I did have some Hot Tamales and Mike & Ikes. But today, zilch. I am currently enjoying chicken soup and a cold soda.
  • I won't have any available to eat or try not to eat, yay me.
  • I'm making the skinny girls at work eat it all. I've done really well this year. It just isnt worth ruining all the hard work!
  • I refuse. I had a couple pieces today while I was working a Halloween Carnival, but I was also moving for6 hours, so i figure its burned off. Otherwise, I refuse. I'm determined to lose 5 more lbs before thanksgiving...candy won't help that...
  • I live in a big neighbor that does Halloween big. The neighborhood association sets up a party with hotdogs and drinks. The neighborhood is well lit and has good sidewalks. Everyone gives good candy. We have lots of people from outside the neighborhood come. I think we had about 300 kids tonight. At 9:00, I turned off the lights, handed the leftover candy to my husband to dispose and am settling down to browse here a little and then read a good book.

Did not eat one bite of candy! Now, one food heavy holiday out of the way. Thanksgiving and Christmas to go!
  • With the fall air and trick or treaters upon us, I felt a HUGE urge for Mexican food tonight. After perusing an online menu, I called our local joint to order a TO GO meal. Well, the guy that answered had poor customer service skills and I ended up hanging up on him. LOL...instead, I made myself a Flatout Flatbread with salsa and cheese inside and cooked in the microwave. LOL--saved some calories and some $$$ to be certain.
  • Made it through! How about you?
  • I did allow myself one piece, a mini peppermint patty, stopped at that one, and since we had a slow moving rain storm, settle in, between the prime hrs of 6-9pm had ALOT of candy left over, DH took it to work, problem solved. As far as the rest of the Holidays, just another On Plan day, that I might decide to have a treat, or might not.
  • I had one hundred calories worth of chocolate covered cranberries, and that was it.

Not bad.
  • I had one dark Snickers mini...45 calories. And I regretted it, because I am a food snob and I like good candy. Not going there again!

You know, when I just don't eat the unhealthy stuff for a very long time, and then I get a taste of it, I find myself wondering what the big fat deal was all along.
  • I did pretty badly, but not on candy. I had less than 500 calories of candy, which works for me. It was a spice cake I made that was my downfall! I have no control with it, and because it used a starter I had a hard time calculating the calories, but I ballparked it around 275 a slice, and I had four of them and some crumbs.

It wasn't my best day, or my worst, but i am glad to be done with it. I had my husband take it ALL out of our house, candy and cake, to hide and take to work. I had my yummy junk food and feel fairly sugar zonked, I am done and moving on with my next healthy meal tomorrow

No real harm done, and far better than last year. I am glad one bad day or meal doesn't make my spiral down, I bounce back and keep going pretty well. So I'm happy, despite cruddy overeating of delicious cake!