W.O.W. Halloween Challenge~LAST WEEK

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Ready or not ladies it is the LAST WEEK! Can you believe it? I cant, where did this month go?

Week 1~148
    Week 2~145
    Week 3~144
    Week 4~142
    Week 5~141
    Week 6~139
    Week7~142
    Week 8 ~141

Seriously where did October go? Now the toughest part of the year for me: the Holidays are coming. It is so hard, I don't have much trouble with the big meals I'm good enough at portion control, and I'm not so much into my weight loss that I cant enjoy a piece of pie (although an extra mile a week is in store for me). My trouble is when I am out shopping and all the extra quick meals. Ok one day at a time, don't worry!

Today is my mini-friday I'm very happy, I know it is going to be horribly crazy, but its only 12 HOURS its been a tough weekend to get through.

Makenna had a great time at her sleepover, but she was so exhausted when I got home, she didn't even get up to hug me. She did have a great time though.

Getting my flu sot today after work.

W 64 oz
    E I think I am going to had to the gym after work for a quick 30 minutes
    E1200 good planned calories
    D Even though the scale isn't showing it, my body and overall health is improving with everyday I eat right and exercise!
  • Morning Chickies!

Week 1 = 209.6
    Week 2 = 209.2
    Week 3 = 206.6
    Week 4 = 211.2
    Week 5 = 206.6
    Week 6 = 206
    Week 7 = 202.2
    WEEK 8 = 198.6

Shari - this is truly my first WOW challenge showing loss from a committed effort too. Good for you and definitely get your butt back to the gym... it will melt off, I promise!

Mtiggie - look at me go! I feel like you! No pain, no gain you said. So be it!

Jen - YaY for friday! This is my 4 day week and I am SOOOOO already wanting Friday to get here. The kids were all sick this weekend and trapped inside. We were all going stir crazy. I need another 2 weeks ALONE!

Jelly, Grazie, Mavie, Nchellie, One, HT and everyone else - I'll check back later. gotta get work started!
  • WEEK 1: the week of the Bat: 256.5 Where did that come from??? I was 181.2
    WEEK 2: the week of the Ghost: 181.2
    WEEK 3: the week of the Vampire: 181.4
    WEEK 4: the week of the Jack-o-Lantern: 180.6 okay, so here is a teenie loss.
    WEEK 5: the week of Frankenstein: 179 Okay down 1.6. I'll take it.
    WEEK 6: the week of the black cat: 177.6 another 1.4 YIPPY!!!
    WEEK 7: the week of the zombie: 179, Yuck!!
    WEEK 8: the week of witch: 180, again. WOW!! What's up with that?
    WEIGH OUT, Saturday, October 31st...TRICK? OR TREAT?

As you can tell by the numbers, I have made virtually no progress in this challenge. I got down to 177, but couldn't manage to stay or there, or get back there. I swear sometimes I just don't get it.

Nix- So glad to see good progress for you. You have been working hard. At the rate I'm going, you might catch me soon.
  • Kris!!!!! congrats on the loss! that bootcamp is awsome!!

Mindy, I know how you feel. The scale will make more progress soon, just keep at it. Its taken me 3 years to get 9 pounds from my goal. Slow and steady keeps it off.

No workout for me tonight, Mak got sent home from school with a fever today, she seems ok but it could be the tylenol her nana gave her. I'm keeping a close eye on her, but she will be home with me tomorrow to be safe.

I will be getting up at 5 for my workout tomorrow.
  • girls!

Okay, so I totally caught myself doing the old self-sabotage today. BUT at least I caught it after one candy bar and not a week of gorging myself! What am I going to do? I always do this! I have all these deep set issues that I can't seem to shake and it causes me to screw myself over when I start having a little success, at least in the weight department. >.< I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow because I would really like to get to the gym and set up my routine. I really don't like Ballys, I miss the Y.

Nix ~ Hey there Miss ONEderland!

Jeni ~ Where did this year go??? I mean, it was just January, right?

Mindy ~
  • Ooooo, what's our next challenge? Gotta start making plans.
  • Thanks girls.... I needed to come read here tonight before class. As FH would say "I'm not feeling too shiney right now". Really tired. And even a bit dehydrated I think. Gotta go get some water. I'm already dressed. Just do it, right?

Mind - you made progress. Just keep your chin up and your determination fire stoked and you will plow through. You always do!

jen - hope that Mak is better quick like. Can we order you a break?

Shari - good stop on the 1 bar sister! You be in control you hear! No self sabotaging. Success is sometimes as scary as failure and we dont even realize it. Don't give up! GYM!!!!!

Okay ladies... off to class. check in tomorrow!
  • I haven't been able to stick with my diet the past 2 days, but I'm going to get back on track tomorrow. It has been so chaotic around here! I just hope what I have eaten these past couple days don't catch up with me in the next couple days!
    I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great weigh in!
    My WEED for tomorrow
    W-64oz
    E-1200 off
    E-1200 cals
    D-I need to use my time wisely this week and get more done.
  • hi everyone, i'm back...wondering if i can join in again for your next challenge?
  • Really quick check in before I hit the gym, Personals later.

I think the next challenge is going to be "Making it through the Holidays" It will run until January 1. It will be long, 10 weeks. Holidays are so tough on all of us I thought we could either do mini challenges
    "making it through to thanksgiving", then "Making it through Christmas", and ending with "making it through to your next resolution" Or We could say Making it through one week at a time. I also want to make it clear that even if you gorge on halloween candy, pie, cookies, fast food, everyone needs to come back make your confession, then move on. Dont get hung up on the idea of failure, especially during the holidays.
  • Kris, I hope you went to your bootcamp. I hope you are feeling okay. GET IN THAT WATER! It is so important especially when you are working out hard like you are!

Shari, great job on stopping at one candy bar! Self sabatoge is tough, I wonder why we do it?

Jelly~I hope things settle down for you soon.

E32~Welcome back!! Just pop in here now! You don't have to wait until our next challenge!

I don't know how I feel about my workout today. I ran 35 minutes 3.28 miles (my usual) but Instead of 3 minute intervals 4.8/6.5 mph I decided to do 2 min 4.8/ 4 min 6.1 with on long stretch of 6.1 for .75 miles(about 8 minutes.) my last 4 minutes I did 6.5 mph because i didn't feel like i was working out much. Did that make sense? I moved up my speed the beginning of OCT because my heart rate wasn't getting above 150 at the 4.8/6.1. Maybe thats why I didn't feel like I had a good workout. Still did my weights and I am getting in a couple new ab workouts too.

Makenna will be staying home with me and Tommy today. She will have to skip swimming too(I know she wont like that). I have yesterdays homework and will get todays from my sister. I hope she is feeling better soon.

W 80 oz
    E 60 minutes done
    E 1200 clean cals
    D sanitize and lysol my house.
  • Jen - How about "Healthy through the Holidays" ? I like the idea of running to the 1st and I like the idea of mini challenges within.

Come on back e32! We'd love to have ya!

I made an appt at the courthouse to get married on 11/12. Why the rush? Insurance for FH and his kids will run out in January, and it takes a good 30 day to get the new insurance through my work rolling. NOW... there is a chance that we will choose to pay the horrendous amount for COBRA and wait for JUNE 2010 to get married. I dont know.... I'm exhausted over it and not ready to be super excited yet cuz I'm not sure if its actually happening... but the clock is ticking.....

199 solid today ~ no change in about 4 days ~ TOM should be leaving though and I dont think I have been eating enough ~ Need to get all my water in today AND all my calories. No more not eating dinner because I'm not hungry.

W- 80 today.
    E- Bootcamp + additional 30 min cardio
    E- Get to 1500 Clean Calories
    D- Sail away from the safe harbor.... (part of my favorite Twain quote)

Have a great day everyone!
  • Kris-Congrats on the weight loss and the wedding!!

Jeni-Thanks, me too! Great idea's with the challenges. It is very hard to stick with eating healthy this time of year. I'm going to allow myself 3 days to eat what I want, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Other than that I'm sticking with it and getting this weight off once and for all.

Mtiger-Maybe you need to switch up your exercise routine or diet. It's very frustrating I know, but you will get there. You just need to give yourself an extra boost! Don't look back over this past challenge. I lost the same 6 pounds repeatedly last year and I got so sick of it. That was when I was 166 pounds. Now look at where that got me, up to 195 pounds wishing I was 166 again so I could lose that 6 pounds. Just don't give up!
    Well I'm off to clean up after the sow's. Biggest Loser is on tonight. I don't know if you ladies have watched it or not, but Lifetime also has a show called Diet Tribe. I'm starting to like it better than TBL. Plus, you can watch all the full episodes online.
    My WEED for tomorrow
    W-32oz...64 isn't happening. I'm going to have to work my way up to that.
    E-1200 off
    E-1200 cals
    D-going to make a chore list for everyone so I can get some "me" time in this week.
  • Kris~ Wow married already. I would get married, but still plan your wedding or at least your reception. Have your dream, I know you want to celebrate your union in June, so why not. I know a ton of people who get married, but plan a reception later on for one reason or another. COBRA payments are riddiculous.

Jelly~I tried to do a chore list for everyone, well me and DH but I still end up with the most of the work.

I think I am feeling the effects of my flu shot yesterday. I think I am going to try for a nap with the kids (I wonder If I can get them to sleep).

I like Healthy through the Holidays.
  • hi everyone...didn't realize how much i missed this thread. i hadn't logged onto 3fc since july maybe...i've gone back and read some of the previous weeks to catch up a bit.

nix--congrats on 199 and your wedding! good news all around

shari--finally at just one job right? i bet that feels good

jeni--hope everyone stays healthy at your house too (i like healthy through the holidays for the next challenge). must've feel great to get into the 130s!

mindy--hope your weight out is a 'treat', sounds like you've been working hard!

hi jelly, nice to meet you

for j and anyone else new, here's my refresher intro:

my name is ella and i'm 28. i teach music for a living and love what i do. my schedule allows me plenty of workout time and i usually take good advantage of that. my struggles lie in planning ahead (workouts, meals, dishes etc)

in june i was down to 157 and during the summer (no gym membership, 5 weeks of company) was back up to 164 as of oct 1. i've been doing great exercise wise since then but need some more structure in the meal dept. i'm back down to a solid 161 and my goal was 159 by nov 1st...should be doable. it's going to get harder once i'm back down to 157 again maybe i'll weigh out with you guys on the 31st

i'm done being bummed about the last few months of anti-progress and i'm glad to see the scale going in the right direction again

W-64 only about half there...i've been having headaches and i wonder if i need more water than this even
    E-swimming a mile-DONE!
    E-remember those green things? they're called vegetables. go to the store and buy some, then eat them
    D-back on plan sure feels good!