You've Got To Be Kidding Me Baseball Thread

You're on Page 9 of 19
Go to
  • Winter meetings.

Looks like the Cards have signed Brad Penny. A one year deal.

Also so glad to see Whitey Herzog being selected for the Hall of Fame.
  • All I Want for Christmas
    All this constant chit chat is hard on a guy who only wants a left fielder for Christmas.

Are you signing someone SweetCaroline???

• We need one
  • Guess it was your turn with Penny since Nation and I already had him.

JASON BAY may be able to keep his colors....Angles are real interested in him.

WE are going to have a tough time, with this divorce and all, during the free agent process...already allowing Wolf and Hudson to go...solid for us last year....
  • Quote: All this constant chit chat is hard on a guy who only wants a left fielder for Christmas.

Are you signing someone SweetCaroline???

Yes Bill, I was consulting with Theo on the Grandeson deal... once again, he didn't listen to me and Yankees scooped him up, though that might force Boston to keep Bay.... We need to hire a private investigator for these deals... lol

I don't know what's going on with J-Bay... I'm afraid to look at the progress of his talks... seems that everyone is interested in him... he needs to stay in the Boston red Gary... no light blue, no dark blue, no blue pinstripes,
    just red with a big fat B on it...

Sorry about the MIA... kinda in a "F" mood lately, Family, Finances and Food... all of which are out of sorts... Promise to show up more.. I missed you guys... and I should know better by now, that it helps me to be here.. feeling better already...
  • Ouch SweetCaroline for the out of sorts F's in your life. Remember that you're a Fan of the Sox also.

Sending cheerful thoughts for you to get back in your grove.

Then kindly call Theo and get the ball rolling on a left fielder before Gary snarfs up all the free agents.

• big hugs SWEET-C

So sorry you are going through a rough patch right now...many around here are

The Angels will probably make some moves....Dodgers are wanting pitching...who doesn't!...but I am afraid that $$$ looks to be an issue for a good pitcher...I think they may wait and try and pick up those guys that "didn't go" in the free agent wave and sign them at a discount for a year....worked out well for them last year with Wolf...now he is gone.

Good to see THE TEAM still alive
  • Just read Mike Lowell is going to the Rangers....is that ok with you NATION?
  • Hey all! I got nuthin to say. I have not been following the off season stuff going on with the Rockies. I know that we signed Betancourt and that they are working on the others. I guess we're trying to keep Giambi, too. I should go to the website and get some more info.

Miss you guys, though!
  • Quote: Just read Mike Lowell is going to the Rangers....is that ok with you NATION?
    Thanks for the support guys... There is a light at the end of this tunnel somewhere... lol...

Mike was the WS MVP in 2007... He couldn't run well after the hip surgery, but still hit... I think they are a little too quick trading him... Too bad, I hear he is a great mentor... To answer your question Gary... not ok.... he is a first class guy... he will be missed....

Next............. urggghhh
  • Quote: Hey all! I got nuthin to say. I have not been following the off season stuff going on with the Rockies. I know that we signed Betancourt and that they are working on the others. I guess we're trying to keep Giambi, too. I should go to the website and get some more info.

Miss you guys, though!
    Hi Diane !!!
  • Word around here is Bay is NOT an option for the Angels....
  • I saw on MLB that the Mets made Bay an offer.

If Bay leaves the Sox then I'm sure that they will make an offer to Holliday.
  • I miss my baseball buddies.
  • We miss you too Big Bird!