ACorn Squash

• Is it Possible to cook this whole in the Micro like Spag Squash?
    Thanks,
    Kierie
  • KO, I would think that you could, as long as you poke some holes in it for steam to get out (or it'll explode). However, it's very easy to just cut it in half, then put it in a dish with water and cover to microwave it. That's how I do it.
  • I actually microwave it for about 3 minutes on high so it is easier to cut, scoop out seed and then finish cooking in stove as per Laurie's instructions.
    take care
    sophie
  • SOPHIE those are exactly the instructions I needed! I want to stuff the squash with Loafless Meatloaf and Quinoa
    Thank you!
    and Thank you Laurie!!
  • That sounds really good, can you let me know how it turns out?
  • After I microwave for 3 minutes, cut in a half and stuff it... For how long should I leave it inside de oven? and in which temperature?
    I am planning on making it this weekend...
  • Quote: SOPHIE those are exactly the instructions I needed! I want to stuff the squash with Loafless Meatloaf and Quinoa
    Thank you!
    and Thank you Laurie!!
    that sounds wonderful....is there a recipe somewhere?
  • The acorn squash I ended up nuking for 10 and mashing with butter (not sbd legal) and Salt and pepper
    Loafless Meatloaf is just all the ingredients you'd put in your meatloaf except for egg and breadcrumbs done loosely in a skillet makes a great shepherds pie base