Good food log?

• Hi all,

I just recently got a GoWear Fit, but don't really like their food log too much (I kind of expected that from other posts). So I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for a good food log online? And by good, I mean something easy to use (such as adding your own recipes and storing them) as well as having a pretty good list of foods with nutrition facts, including from restaurants/fast food places. Preferably something free would be nice, but a cheap monthly fee also wouldn't be too bad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
  • I use sparkpeople.com

There's also fitday and thedailyplate

I am sure there's others as well but those are the ones I know of
  • I use fitday.com and it is pretty user friendly, allows me to save custom foods and tells me the percentage of carbs etc each day on a pie graph. It's free too.
  • Fitday for me too. You can link it here <<<<<
  • sparkpeople also has graphs and percentages and the such..just sayin
  • I have a BB and also don't love the food logging. I made a food JAB (just a bite) so I could transfer from my ipod log, which i use when I am out and move my calories in a lump sum. It really is the best way to get full use of your GFW

That said my DH likes Fatsecret. I don't have much experiance with it, but he uses it ALL the time and he has lost about 80 lbs!
  • You can buy FitDay to have on your computer--and then you can add recipes and custom foods all you want. It doesn't cost a lot.

Jay
  • I'm another FitDay user, and have been since Day 1.
  • I use The Daily Plate and find it pretty user friendly, I also use Spark People for the articles and tips.
  • Cool. Thanks a lot guys! I'm gonna start out with FitDay and see where it goes from there. Great suggestions
  • I tried FitDay for a bit, but was lured to SparkPeople recently by their purdy graphs.

Onederchic, you were so right...
  • I really like The Daily Plate, they just rolled out a new interface in the last 2 weeks and it is even better. Food comes up as you type in any words (brand, type, restaurant, whatever) and you can easily select food you have recently eaten.

I haven't used the others, but have a hard time imagining anything being easier. But speed is my main criteria, otherwise I won't do it.