I Ran A !0k!

• Last year I walked in a charity event for Diabetes. It was only about 2.5 miles and it took me almost 45 minutes to do. I had been thinking about getting into running but was still over 300lbs. I saw the runner's for the 5 and 10k that was also taking place downtown and thought "no one looks like they are having any fun, why would I want to do that!" Well I did get into it and this last weekend I ran the entire 10k in 1:10:30!! One year later, 105lbs lighter and with a smile on my face the WHOLE time!!

I can't seem to figure out how to post my picture but here is a link to the picture on my blog!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs...-my-first-10k/
  • Congrats! That is awesome!
  • Congratulations! That is awesome!

• You put a smile on my face! What an achievement - you should be so proud of yourself!

Thanks for so much for sharing - it is so uplifting to see your success especially for those of us in the first phase of our journey. How exciting to see how much closer you are to your goal - keep up the good work!
  • AWESOME!

• Congrats!! That is amazing. I cannot even begin to tell you how inspirational that is. It really is proof that if you stick to something it definitely pays off. You should be so proud of yourself! And you look fabulous! xoxo
  • Thats great...Sounds very encouraging
  • Awesome job! You should be very very proud!
  • You look AWESOME!! Good job!