Where to buy boots for the wider calf

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • You all can relate, right? or is this just me? The boots in the store are all tight around my calf and i can't find ankle height boots right now. I refuse to go through another winter walking around in shoes with wet feet. Anyone buy boots online?
  • boots
    I think the Woman Within catalog offers boots with a wider calf. They're a catalog, so just search them online.

I got a pair, but my calves were still too wide, and they were great about accepting a return - but they were one of the only places i found that had a couple like that.

Good luck.
  • Many of the online plus size clothing stores, like Roamans, carry boots for wider calves.
  • I got mine from avenue last year online. LOVE THEM.
  • I'm not familiar with those places, can you post a link? I actually have very few resources for online purchasing of bigger items. I did order from woman within, but was unhappy with the quality of the sweater and skirt. Were the boots any good?
  • http://www.avenue.com/Search/SearchR...chHeader=boots

that is listed as priced high to low. but they still aren't all that bad, even the more expensive ones, and I LOVE My boots from last year, they had a strap around the ankle, and laced up the back decoratively and had like a 2.5-3 inch heel and they are the most comfortable heels I own. I think my mom also got my winter snow boots there as well which are fabulous and so warm and great quality.
  • www.zappos.com - just do a search on wide shaft, and they'll list them all. they'll also tell you exactly how wide the shaft is, so you can measure your calf and get a pretty good idea of how they'll fit. LOVE zappos!
  • www.womanwithin.com

Thats the site for that catalog. I actually recently bought a pair of boots from there, I love them...and they actually FIT!

They've got different width sizes...M, W, and WW.

Personally, I want this pair in red..
    http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/...PurchaseType=0

lol
  • There's a great selection of wide (and wide wide) calf boots at Wide Widths.com.
  • eheheh i cheated a few years back and got MENS boots! i walked by them and they were so nice lol just a black leather, and in mens i only take a 6 woot! and they went up high enough and were wide enough - and were about 40$ score!
  • i got my boots at Torrid www.torrid.com
  • Zappos!
  • Thanks for the great links, I'm going to check them all out tonight.
  • You might try for boots that buckle or lace up the side (such as medieval style), gives you more control over the size. I've got a pair with laces, they fit fine when I couldn't get into "normal" boots.
  • torrid, fo' sho'. Always look great!