Camping and on Phase 1

• I am new to the site, but have enjoyed the threads a whole lot.
    I have a question and it has probably been answered before so sorry about that! We are going camping this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for easy foods while camping on phase 1. The other problem is what if we can't grill due to rain or anything like that!
    Any ideas, recipes or suggestions would be very appreciated.
  • Search the threads for camping because we have talked about this many times and we had some threads with great ideas. Will you have a propane stove or just be cooking over charcoal or wood?
  • My staples were always green bean salad (pre made, of course) and fresh veggies w/dip. Then, no matter what everyone else was eating (read: chips!!), I'd be eating my good stuff.

Or course, since we've had about 2 inches of snow today, I'm NOT thinking about camping!!!
  • Kalyn's egg muffins (easy to reheat or eat cold), bean salads, refried beans, hummus and raw veggies, babybel cheese are favorites for us.
  • I actually just finished two articles on healthy substitutions. I agree with the suggestions for hummus. Since bread is not allowed during Phase 1 maybe you could change up your idea of a sandwich and have hummus with tomato on a slice of cucumber! Another great alternative is chicken or turkey (of course this is if you're not rained out and can actually use your grill). Chicken and apple sausages can definitely substitute those greasy beef and pork sausages. Salads, such as a black bean and corn salad, are also easy to make beforehand incase you can't use the grill.

Hope this helped!

Jeanette Espinosa
    Marketing & Operations
    CampingRoadTrip.com