How do I get reenforcement when the scale isn't budging?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • P.S. - Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one!
  • You have pinpointed the one problem that I have decided to spend the most thought and time on changing. I'm doing pretty good. It's a small step, but today when I gained 3.5lbs even though nothing changed with my food plan except more salt, I didn't even think about it all day. In the past I would have spun into an emotional mess and maybe gone off plan, or tortured myself. I did buy a new scale recommended on 3fc and I've decided, as part of my plan, to just accept whatever the scale says and not fret that "maybe" it's inaccurate and weigh 6 times hoping the number will change. I'm trying to expand my view of how I eat and realize that what I'm eating now is what I will eat forever. No reprieve from this sentence of food addict. But, that' okay for now. A little comforting in a way. I have made my food plan around food I love so it's good on that score. My biggest challenge after this will be translating my eating when I leave the safe environment of my home into something that works. It is not easy to deal with an addiction, but it can be done as we have seen on this forum. Just keep on trucking and doing what you are doing. No matter the ups and downs you must lose weight over the long run.