Healthy "Soft Foods" ?

• Hi everyone! I had oral surgery a few days ago and I am trying to find some healthy soft foods. Things that won't get stuck in my sockets. lol. So far I've been eating mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, pudding, yogurt and of course ice cream. I think the worst thing is that I am having much larger portions of the potatoes and ice cream because I am hungry. I am really trying to get my weight loss back on track, take care of my mouth, and find something more filling to eat than mashed potatoes. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
  • Maybe hummus? Or sort of "mushy" soups like pea soup?
  • Cream of wheat with some mashed up blueberries would be very filling and low calorie too.
    I hope your mouth is healing up well
  • Oatmeal. Miso soup. Noodle soups. Grits. Scrambled Eggs. Eggs in general. non-fat refried beans. fresh fruit smoothies.
    That was my list when I had my wisdom teeth out. I also lived on pot stickers, which aren't healthy per say, but they helped me with the cravings for something heavier.
  • protein shakes, smoothies
  • Thank you so much for the great advice! You all have such wonderful ideas!
  • Cauliflower or broccoli soups are good and filling, too. Just puree the veggies and it should be fine.
  • Baked sweet potato baked butternut squash...
  • Guacamole! MMMMM.
  • Oh wow, great ideas! Thanks!