Cheated and Didn't Even Realize!

View Poll Results: Have you ever cheated on Phase I??
So many times that I had to start over
14.29%
Yes, but only a couple times
19.05%
Yes, but didn't realize
38.10%
No, not at all
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ok people, I bought beef jerky today on Phase I thinking (well forgetting) .... Didn't realize it wasn't allowed. I have been one whole week on Phase I without cheating once... and now with only 6 days left I eat beef jerky...

I guess I just keep tugging along and realize now for the future!
  • Always read the ingredients. One of the things I have learned on SB. I think all of us have made mistakes on Phase I & II like this. Just keep on plugging away! I wouldn't let it bother me too much.
  • Penny, it's a mistake, and it happens. For now, monitor how you feel. If you are feeling cravings, you need to start over. If you don't feel cravings, move on. Okay?
  • I cheated by accident when I drank a diet orange soda..I think it was Diet Crush to be exact. I figured Diet soda...no calories ...no sugar right? Wrong...I read the can and it said it had 5 calories and it listed 0 grams of sugar, but one of the ingredients was high fructose corn syrup. Turns out if the sugar is less than 1 gram per serving...even .99 grams..the FDA allows to list as 0 grams. Wasn't a big cheat, but I didn't want to set any cravings off.
  • I've accidentally cheated (assumed something was OK and then checked when I got home) and I've gone to eat at friends' homes while on phase 1 and chose to eat what was closest to plan rather than making a big deal about my diet.

I like to be very conscientious on phase 1, but sometimes life gets in the way.
  • A couple times but not huge. The other day we went to a Chinese buffet and I avoided rice and fried things, only eating the grilled chicken and veggies. I love corn soup at Chinese places and rarely ever eat it, so I had some. Halfway through, I realized my mistake. Also the frozen veggie mix I have has some carrots in it, but its mostly brocolli and cauliflower.
  • I didn't know beef jerky wasn't allowed, I would think it was a good protein source? Do they use sugar or HFCS in it or something?

I cheated with too many diet sodas not quite deliberately, but above poster, you've got a lot of willpower Chick. I would have went crazy in an eating fest at a Chinese buffet! Good job!
  • I was on PH1 for 3 weeks when I went away for the weekend. Although we made sure that we had all of our meals planned we did splurge a little. For instance we had diet soda and rum, we had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert and whole grain bread for our sandwiches on the boat. Come Monday I went right back to PH1 and was fine.