100 lb Accountability 5 - 11 October

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
  • Hi lovelies!

How are we all? Me, I'm Ok. Still coughing like anything and I had the joy of going back to work and listening to all the I told you so's. Fun.

Anyway, it was a very quiet weekend - my parents came over and we did a bit of shopping. I bought some more plants and a couple of tops. I bought some lettuces, peppers and some herbs. The herbs and peppers are doing quite well, but the lettuces don't look that great. I'll see how they go. I also dropped my ring off to be resized. It's been very loose for a few weeks and I thought it was time to do something before I lost it and it had to be resized down 2 sizes! Its funny the little things that you don't even think about - like rings getting too big.

Exercise wise, I haven't done much at all. I made it back to the gym this morning and did some cardio, but it felt like a struggle. I haven't really had a lot of energy, so that hasn't helped. I want some energy back now!

So the menu today was:

B - english muffin and peanut butter

S - muesli bar

S - grapes

L - leftover beef stirfry, kiwifruit

D - 1/2 an antipasto platter - vegies, breads, meats, dips

Have fun everyone!
  • Good morning, Friends.

Nicolen - I couldn't wear my wedding rings for 2 years. I remember the day I could put them back on. It was marvelous!

I made it through a whole week of staying on-plan. I'm feeling good and the scales are smiling. This week, my goal is to add water and exercise to the mix. I'm committing to at least 5 glasses of water and 30 minutes on the treadmill each day.

Have a great on-plan day!
  • Good Morning! Only four more days of work, then I am on vacation!!!! YIPPEE!!!

nicolen--Hope that cough goes away soon and that you get your energy back!

Rhonda--That's fantastic! Great job!

I was in a bit of a 'mood' this am....I am wearing jeans today that I never thought I would wear again. Not my 'after' jeans, but not the jeans I would like to be wearing right now. I realized that my mood would certainly not help me stay focused today, so I am letting it go. And starting fresh. I know what I need to do.

Tonight I am going to the gym--I am going to do weights and cardio. I have already started drinking water this morning, so that's a good thing.

Have a great OP day everyone!
  • nicolen-congrats on the ring sizing, also, I woke up with a cold this morning and my tonsils are killing me so I feel ya.

girlygirl-good job!

mj5-you can do it I need to get back with my excercise more consistently too.

today:1502

b: pb and j sammich on whole wheat
    s: low cal vegan muffin
    l: tomato soup with croutons
    s: low cal vegan muffin
    d: sweet and sour zucchini, sweet potato and seitan
  • Morning all! Or afternoon I guess.

nicolen** for the ring. I have not worn mine in 7 years.

GirlyGirlSebas**Way to go for staying on plan!!

mj5 Don't lose hope!** You can do it!!

lottie63 ** Feel better soon

I'm all excited after last week, I stayed on plan and managed to resist 99% of temptation. I bowl Mondays on a league, and normally eat something fried, and a big 32 oz soda or 2. Today I had a piece of raisin bread. What a rush, I was really nervous, since for me bowling and snacking have gone hand in hand.

I'm also experimenting with peppers, which I have found out I like. I've been eating chicken breast with sauteed peppers. Yum yum!
  • Hey everyone. Staying on plan and exercising, but the scale wasn't cooperative today. It didn't move. Oh well.

I'm going on vacation, too. I will be off on Friday, and all of next week. Yay! I can't wait. Coming back will be terrible, but that's the way it goes. I hope some work gets done while I'm gone! ha!
  • Hey everyone!

Well, yummy trainer is so not my favourite person at the moment. Very sore and yes, it may be doing me good, but at the moment its all about the pain. I think I'll be crawling around the place tomorrow, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get the rubbish out to the gate.

Apart from that I'm good. I'm not coughing as much as I was, but still pretty tired. Really looking forward to the weekend at the moment - there's a few dramas brewing at work which doesn't help. Nothing too major, but just completely unnecessary stuff to be honest.

So the menu today was:

B - muffin and peanut butter

S - yoghurt and berries

S - muesli bar

L - soup and bread

D - chicken salad sandwich

Rhonda, awesome start! Brilliant!

MJ, how did the gym go?

Crazy, welcome! Awesome job with staying on plan while you were out!

Diane, yay for a holiday! Sounds as if you're going away - where are you off to?

Take care everyone!
  • Hi everyone. I didn't do very well yesterday with staying on plan. I'll do better today. I'm getting really excited to go on vacation and I'm having trouble focusing. By the way, we're going elk hunting, so 5 days in the mountains with no phone, no tv, no computer, yay!

Nicolen: Pain is good! Ha!
  • hello ladies! It's actually nice out today so I'm going for a walk.

today: 1460

b: scrambled tofu with veggies (OMG so good!)
    l: bbq tofu sammich
    s: veggie pita pizza
    d: seitan wings with corn on the cob
  • Hi everyone! I was able to do most of my 'regular' routine last night at the gym. My knee is a little sore today, but what else is new, right?! Today will be arms/shoulders and cardio.

lottie--Thanks! What are you doing for exercise these days?
    crzy--Thanks! Great job while you were out!!!

Diane--Yippee...vacation! 5 days in the mountains sounds wonderful!

nicolen--So is yummy trainer trying to abuse you all he can before he leaves? Wow. Hope you are feeling ok today! The gym was excellent!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are having fun w/ your company.

Ok, so today I am wearing jeans that are a size smaller than the ones I had on yesterday (both from Old Navy)...and these fit better. Whatever.

The good news is...the scale is down 2lbs this week! FINALLY! So good to see a loss!

K, gotta get back to work...I have a meeting in an hour that I am SO not ready for....
  • I did go to the gym, but I didn't last very long. My knee really hurt--that sharp, ouchie pain. Even one of my 'gym friends' noticed. He asked if maybe I should take the day off. I decided that I probably should leave (which I did). I came home--ice, elevation, pain meds....the 'usual' routine. It feels better now, but it's really stiff. I see the dr in about two weeks. can't wait to hear what he has to say!
  • mj5, I have'nt been! I've been achey and sick. my back is killing me. but tonight I'm giong to attempt the new wii fit plus. shouldn't be too much of a strain.
  • Hi ladies! I'm back! Today wasn't so good, I went about 360 empty calories over due to "snacking for dinner" at a bridal shower... those calories really add up! I think those kinds of situations are ones I struggle with the most - people always bring out the most decadent things too. But, I settled for a small piece of cake and only took a few bites. Tomorrow I'll do better, and it will be easier because I won't have a party to go to .
  • Yep, I was sore today. And he's going to put me through torture again. I so want a trainer who's not evil when he goes - but I don't think I'm going to get one. Although I do have to try and work on his musical taste in the next few weeks - he thinks Crazy Frog is good music! I think that might be a lost cause!

Anyway, quiet day today since I don't go to the gym. I'm going to go for a walk in a few minutes - daylight savings has arrived and it's great! Work is a bit messy - had a fairly long meeting this morning over a couple of issues which means I'm a wee bit behind with my work. Not a big deal - we're still fairly quiet, but it's the first day in a long time where I have had to leave more than 2 pieces of work on my desk at the end of the day.

Tomorrow - gym and torture session, work, home. I've got to buy my niece a birthday present at some stage between now and Saturday so I've got to get to the shop before then.

Diane, 5 days in the mountains sound fantastic!

Lottie, how was your walk?

MJ, sharp ouchie pain isn't good! I'm pleased you decided not to work out.

Rakel, how fantastic to see you again! I was thinking about you a few weeks and wondering how you were!

Have fun everyone!